• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions about the Oasis pool: Do the cabanas come with lounge chairs as well as the couch and chairs? Some in my group will want sun and some shade. Also, are there any desserts available at the Oasis pool bar other than the malasadas (mickey bars, etc.)?
Are small pool floats and pool noodles available for purchase?

Last edited:
Getting ready for our trip to Poly in two weeks! Can anyone advise on the coffee situation (coffee for mom is for everyone’s safety lol).
Is the general resort coffee still awful?
Does the room have a coffeemaker?
Does it take standard grounds or are they the weird hotel coffeemakers that only take weird hotel pods?
We have a standard room if it makes any difference

I too am interested in the coffee situation. I am the "mom" that is the safety risk without it! Can anyone answer the questions about coffee makers in the standard rooms at the Poly? Thanks!

I too am interested in the coffee situation. I am the "mom" that is the safety risk without it! Can anyone answer the questions about coffee makers in the standard rooms at the Poly? Thanks!

According to the awesome @GADisneyDad14 as of November 2018.

On the resort side (not the DVC/villa side), it’s the Cuisenart pod machines. I keep waiting for Poly to switch to the Keurigs like some other resorts... maybe someday.

View attachment 366084

View attachment 366085

I assume you already ordered but for others that don't know "The Feast" as its called on the "Private Dinning" menu in your room is an amazing deal for the amount of food you get. It's easily split between two people and its made up of all the best items at Ohana (with noodles not rice!). It also includes and massive salad and desert and a big container of POG Juice.

dinner.jpg

Ignore the kids burger and yogurt and not pictured is the massive bread pudding.

I did not know this. Thank you. I think you just solved our last night dinner dilemma!

I too am interested in this. I'm a little concerned about being able to find chairs and relax around the pool in August. The pools here seem small. I'm used to the huge SAB at YC and the option of the quiet pools. We always were able to find chairs there. Also, is it correct that there are no shaded chairs at Poly?
2019-01-07-08-18-24-220.jpg Sorry I'm not a pool-user, but here's a picture of one of the pools taken last December.

A couple of questions about the Oasis pool: Do the cabanas come with lounge chairs as well as the couch and chairs? Some in my group will want sun and some shade. Also, are there any desserts available at the Oasis pool bar other than the malasadas (mickey bars, etc.)?
Are small pool floats and pool noodles available for purchase?
Anyone ??

Anyone ??
In Minnie1222's picture above, it looks like there are at least two padded lounge chairs but maybe I'm seeing things.

I just bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered one for our actual anniversary day. It was $58.58 total. They said if we want to cancel or only want it for half day, we need to call within 24 hours of reservation. They also said be there at 9:45 a.m. It we don't show up by 10:00, they can rebook it with someone else.

This was surprising, but they also asked if we were staying at Polynesian, which we are. They said it wasn't necessary - just as long as we were staying somewhere onsite. I guess that is one way a family staying at a value resort can enjoy a deluxe resort for the day. Also, only six people can enjoy one cabana. If you have more in your party, you have to rent two or more depending on the amount of people in your party.

Last edited:
Thanks for that close-up picture Brett Wyman! I guess if I want to lay in the sun, I'll move two of the chairs together or move the couch to where I am in the sun (as long as I'm not blocking the walkway for anyone and the cast members are okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter