Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For almost $600 a night you would think Disney would put some effort into making sure the Poly guests didn't feel squeezed out. :sad2:

I totally agree. There is one certain manager that I see every year walking around with his Ipad scanning MB's and he also tries to keep people off the grass in front of Hawaii building -- he's great, but they need about 20 or so more of him.

We were actually at the pool on July 3 last year but left when it got overly crowded, not sure what the exact time was but it was later in the day. The CM's do try to regulate at the gate entrances but unfortunately people hold the gate for the people behind them and the people behind them, etc. I can't remember if maybe they handed out wristbands last year on the 4th -- I know they had CM's with Ipads who were randomly walking around the pool asking to scan MB's.

The Poly is the ultimate best spot to view the show and I don't blame people for wanting to be there on July 3 and/or July 4, but I agree it's sad when the paying Poly guests can't find a comfortable viewing spot.

They did handout wrist bands last year on July 4th.

Hmm... going to be there around the 4th and was planning on just making use of the pool all day on the 4th. How packed does the pool get on the 4th? (although now that the pool is fenced in maybe it won't be as bad...)

The pool will be packed. We were at the pool as soon as it opened last July 4th and it filled up quickly. If you want a lounger, get there when it opens. For a majority of the day, there were pool games and loud music. Maybe it won't be so crazy this year with the Oasis Pool now open.

They did handout wrist bands last year on July 4th.

I thought so. We traditionally always go to AK on July 4 but are back at Poly by dinner time. I then like to walk around and take in the excitement! My wish is that they'd rope off an area specifically for non-Poly guests. That way, everyone would fairly get to view the show.....with Poly guests getting the best spots.

They don't have Cabanas at the poly pool anymore do they? The 4th was going to be our pool day. I wonder if it's better to just go to Typhoon or Blizzard Beach that day then come back in the evening for the fireworks.

Super excited! WI have a surprise trip planned for my 2 kids (age 5 & 7) over the fourth of July weekend (had some flight credits we needed to use before they expire). We were able to switch up our reservation to a night at WL then move to the Poly for 3 nights in a deluxe studio. I understand that the beach will be extremely crowded on 7/3 & 7/4 (we'll be there both nights). We'd like to watch the fireworks, but hanging out on the beach for 4-5 hours will not work for the kids -- any suggestions of where/how to watch at the resort (doesn't need to be the best view) where we don't have to wait for hours? 10PM is late for them - so I'm trying to stay at the resort if possible. I'm also travelling alone with them - so it's not like I can leave someone to wait while I meander with the kids or go to the pool. This is our first Poly stay - so I'm not familiar with what options there might be here. Thanks in advance of your help!

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:.

Here now. They are replacing the bottom of the support beams on Fiji marina side. We are in Tuvalu and can here some hammering.

Sorry about the hammering, but I hope you're having a great time and enjoying the Poly :goodvibes.

Hi All-

I'm trying to decide how to word my room requests. I've look at decided we want Fiji- Marina Side-3rd floor- King Bed- Non adjoining room. I know that this is a lot to request so I'm wondering how I should go about requesting this. Should I call and let them know I'd like all of this or do I just pick my top 3 preferences, skip online check in and talk to the front desk at check in? Any advice would be great.

I agree with maxiesmom that the more requests you make, the harder it might be for the room assigner to know just what you want, so I would call and give 3 requests in order of preference. If you are assigned a room that doesn't appeal to you, you can always ask if a different one is available. It's not guaranteed your room can be changed, but it never hurts to ask :).

The Poly is the ultimate best spot to view the show and I don't blame people for wanting to be there on July 3 and/or July 4, but I agree it's sad when the paying Poly guests can't find a comfortable viewing spot.

For almost $600 a night you would think Disney would put some effort into making sure the Poly guests didn't feel squeezed out. :sad2:

I agree with both of the above :thumbsup2.

Hi All-

I'm trying to decide how to word my room requests. I've look at decided we want Fiji- Marina Side-3rd floor- King Bed- Non adjoining room. I know that this is a lot to request so I'm wondering how I should go about requesting this. Should I call and let them know I'd like all of this or do I just pick my top 3 preferences, skip online check in and talk to the front desk at check in? Any advice would be great.

It's my understanding that there are no King beds facing the marina. So I guess figure out what's most important. My most important request is 3rd floor. And I have come to terms if I don't get Samoa, as long as I have a balcony, I'll be content.

It's my understanding that there are no King beds facing the marina. So I guess figure out what's most important. My most important request is 3rd floor. And I have come to terms if I don't get Samoa, as long as I have a balcony, I'll be content.

Oh that is good to know! I was confused by the image below from Tikimans Page. I know it has the King symbol on the left but the rooms on the right- facing the marina still had King beds "in them". My mistake- I made the assumption that they had them then to.
fiji_2015.jpg

That actually helps narrow down our request- which I understand are just that. I think we'll just go Fiji, Marina,3rd floor.

Thank you for your assistance! :thanks:

Leaving in six days for our Poly stay. We'll be there 8 days ...

First time staying at Poly. Last time we were at AoA - Cars suite and we absolutely loved it. We're a family of 3: just hubby, 7 yr old son, and me, but we loved the extra room there. Can't wait to stay at Poly and take advantage of the beautiful pool, monorail access, and awesome restaurants.

Leaving today for the long drive to FL. After a few days with family we are off to the Poly for our first stay there. Have only stayed at WL before and never even been over to poly. Thanks for all the great information on this thread, i have been a consistent watcher of the thread for the past several months leading up to our trip. Can't wait to finally get there!!

Hi All-

There are no king beds on the Marina side of Fiji so those two requests will be in conflict with each other.

Leaving in six days for our Poly stay. We'll be there 8 days ...

First time staying at Poly. Last time we were at AoA - Cars suite and we absolutely loved it. We're a family of 3: just hubby, 7 yr old son, and me, but we loved the extra room there. Can't wait to stay at Poly and take advantage of the beautiful pool, monorail access, and awesome restaurants.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :goodvibes.

Leaving today for the long drive to FL. After a few days with family we are off to the Poly for our first stay there. Have only stayed at WL before and never even been over to poly. Thanks for all the great information on this thread, i have been a consistent watcher of the thread for the past several months leading up to our trip. Can't wait to finally get there!!

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it! We love the WL as it's a great resort, but the Poly is amazing! Safe travels, hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Reactions: TJA
When they had cabanas at the pool, it was awesome for the July 3 and 4 shows! A guaranteed spot. But yes, I think the gates will help a bit, but there will always be those people who find a way to sneak in. Pool gets pretty crowded, can't lie on that. But there are lots of places to view from if the pool doesn't work out!

EDIT: I meant to say "cabanas" at the pool -- not bungalows!!

4th of July last year they scanned people going into the pool and issued wrist bands. If you were not a guest of the resort they didn't let you into the pool area.

That's fine. I understand the pool will be very crowded. I'm not okay with them allowing people to sneak into the pool. I am having a hard time understanding why they do t add some security these two days- a guard enforcing no pool admittance and a few checking people entering the resort and handing out wristbands. It seems it would be pretty easy if they were willing to spend a little money.

They do add security. Every year they try new things and things get stricter. Unfortunately every year they seem to give up at some point in the day. I usually hear from some of the staff the morning of or the night before when they have their briefing as to what they are going to do to try and reduce non-resort guests at the resort. I have seen things like being checked getting onto and off of the resort monorail for resort ID. Last year the plan was to have security with the portable scanners at the back of the Great Ceremonial House, around the beach and even on the path coming from the TTC. Some guests reported to me they were checked at these points and people were asked to leave if they were not resort guests. Some years they have randomly checked people on or around the beach and last year they scanned people coming into the pools and issued wrist bands. The beach is technically for resort guests only but they only try and enforce it on big holidays. Even then I find that at some point they just give up. I had a few CMs tell me they had a great plan for checking people around the resort in the morning and by midafternoon they just gave up trying. They said they were frustrated that management did not have to guts to pull it off and they said guests were very upset. 4th of July use to be the time we went every year and it got so bad I gave up going then. They have roped off part of the beach for club level and they tell people to bring their patio chairs into their room so they don’t get taken but it sounds like the management rather have the guests paying suffer than to actually try and do something about it. I just got back from a resort that you were checked the minute you entered a guest area and given a wrist band. It was not that hard and they do have the capability to do it. CMs tell me that two things make their plan fall apart. They don’t want to pay the staff to do it and they don’t want to upset non-resort guests. We will see what their plan is this year and how well they stick to it because half the things they planned to do last year they threw out the window early in the day. I just avoid it all together now because I honestly have no faith in the managers to do anything about protecting these amenities for the guests paying to stay there.

They do add security. Every year they try new things and things get stricter. Unfortunately every year they seem to give up at some point in the day. I usually hear from some of the staff the morning of or the night before when they have their briefing as to what they are going to do to try and reduce non-resort guests at the resort. I have seen things like being checked getting onto and off of the resort monorail for resort ID. Last year the plan was to have security with the portable scanners at the back of the Great Ceremonial House, around the beach and even on the path coming from the TTC. Some guests reported to me they were checked at these points and people were asked to leave if they were not resort guests. Some years they have randomly checked people on or around the beach and last year they scanned people coming into the pools and issued wrist bands. The beach is technically for resort guests only but they only try and enforce it on big holidays. Even then I find that at some point they just give up. I had a few CMs tell me they had a great plan for checking people around the resort in the morning and by midafternoon they just gave up trying. They said they were frustrated that management did not have to guts to pull it off and they said guests were very upset. 4th of July use to be the time we went every year and it got so bad I gave up going then. They have roped off part of the beach for club level and they tell people to bring their patio chairs into their room so they don’t get taken but it sounds like the management rather have the guests paying suffer than to actually try and do something about it. I just got back from a resort that you were checked the minute you entered a guest area and given a wrist band. It was not that hard and they do have the capability to do it. CMs tell me that two things make their plan fall apart. They don’t want to pay the staff to do it and they don’t want to upset non-resort guests. We will see what their plan is this year and how well they stick to it because half the things they planned to do last year they threw out the window early in the day. I just avoid it all together now because I honestly have no faith in the managers to do anything about protecting these amenities for the guests paying to stay there.
I totally agree this isn't that hard. It's just a matter of enforcing it. If I get a ground floor and get asked to bring my patio furniture into my room, after laughing, I'm going to tell them that's their responsibility and that if they are removing my furniture, I expect it back first thing the next morning. Your description is making me really uncomfortable. I shouldn't have to suffer at my own resort due to incompetence.

Is the roped off club level area sufficient size and free from encroachers?

I could've guessed the #1 reason was they didn't want to pay an appropriate # of staff members. As for not annoying non-resort guests, how about the endless complaints and bad press for those paying so much to stay there?!? Boo Poly!

I totally agree this isn't that hard. It's just a matter of enforcing it. If I get a ground floor and get asked to bring my patio furniture into my room, after laughing, I'm going to tell them that's their responsibility and that if they are removing my furniture, I expect it back first thing the next morning. Your description is making me really uncomfortable. I shouldn't have to suffer at my own resort due to incompetence.

Is the roped off club level area sufficient size and free from encroachers?

It used to be my favorite time to go but as it became more popular and every blog and podcast on the planet started telling people it’s the best place to go, we decided not to return during that time of year. Officially the beach and pool areas were always for Polynesian Resort guests only (as the signs use to state) but we know Disney will never enforce that. They have not even trained staff about those rules because they know they will not enforce them and no one will pay attention to the signs. Just like the signs to stay out of the water get ignored.

The flood of people only keeps getting worse so there is no way I would ever go back then. Not saying you can’t go then and enjoy but I really don’t want to deal with the frustration. It’s like having a holiday BBQ and the whole town invades your backyard because they think its okay.

I don’t think it has than much to do with not having the staff because they were ready and had some great ideas on how to limit the non-resort guests but they shortly after I heard about all the plans the staff was told they were just going to let people go and not try all the things they planned on doing. Even the staff was frustrated that they would not stick with the plan.

The roped off area for club level looks sufficient and you can’t get into the area without having a club level room reservation. They will check and kick anyone out who tries to get into the roped off area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter