Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more days until we arrive!

We plan on doing pool time everyday for our midday break. That pool looks very crowded and the shade situation worries me. But I know we will have tons of fun no matter what!

I agree! We spend a lot of time poolside and a tiny part of me is regretting choosing deluxe and thinking we should have stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek again instead. That pool looks like kid soup.

I agree! We spend a lot of time poolside and a tiny part of me is regretting choosing deluxe and thinking we should have stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek again instead. That pool looks like kid soup.

I will say that we never found the pool too crowded to enjoy. We were mostly there for our midday break - one day around 1:30-2:30; another day slightly earlier, and another day we abandoned our plans to enter the Animal Kingdom and instead went straight to the pool at 9:30. That early morning was the only day we managed to grab chairs in the shade. On the other days, I put two pool towels on my chair to keep it cool enough to sit on, and dipped my feet in the kids' play area to keep my cool. When I got too hot, I'd make the kids go in the big pool with me. I'm sure different times of day are more crowded than others, but we never felt like we were packed in like sardines. The lifeguards seemed to be making an effort to police the kids' play area so that there was no roughhousing, but I only saw one lifeguard measure kids against the sign to make sure they were under 48". There were plenty of kids taller than that using the kids' play area, particularly the slide there.

OK!! So what is on the bed?

Pretty, but Im not a fan. Is there a blanket in the closet to use? I like the AC on full blast!!
There is a blanket on the bed too

I should add that I love the bedding changes. Disney picked out the ugliest bedspreads I've ever seen. I don't love the decorative piece over the foot of the bed, it just gets in the way. At least it's pretty

We are doing 5 nights at the poly and then 5 nights at the BC. If the poly pool is overly crowded at least we have a bigger pool to look forward to.

Kid soup is a nice way to put it. Lol. I know my kids will love it. Me..eh.... I'm hoping.

Looks like HeyIt'sMe and I were neighbors - we were in Fiji 3316 last week. (Sure hope you couldn't hear my noisy little guy, I gave it my best to keep him quiet but it seemed like a losing battle.) I am fighting a bad case of I-want-to-be-there-right-now-itis. It was our first trip as a family to WDW and to the Polynesian (my last trip to WDW was when I was in high school, which was a couple decades ago!) and it won't be our last to either. Honestly, this was a ridiculously awesome family vacation for us and we watched our children grow up right before our eyes.
Here's some pics. The marina view was absolutely all I had hoped for and made the room special for my six year old. We found her at the railing several times just taking it all in.
We miss the ducks too! They were wandering across the path by Fiji one morning and surprised us.
I may write a longer post later, but right now this is making me miss it too much. Easily the best thing we've done for our family in ages.
View attachment 119256
View attachment 119251
That second pic is poster sized print worthy

Looks like HeyIt'sMe and I were neighbors - we were in Fiji 3316 last week. (Sure hope you couldn't hear my noisy little guy, I gave it my best to keep him quiet but it seemed like a losing battle.) I am fighting a bad case of I-want-to-be-there-right-now-itis. It was our first trip as a family to WDW and to the Polynesian (my last trip to WDW was when I was in high school, which was a couple decades ago!) and it won't be our last to either. Honestly, this was a ridiculously awesome family vacation for us and we watched our children grow up right before our eyes.
Here's some pics. The marina view was absolutely all I had hoped for and made the room special for my six year old. We found her at the railing several times just taking it all in.
We miss the ducks too! They were wandering across the path by Fiji one morning and surprised us.
I may write a longer post later, but right now this is making me miss it too much. Easily the best thing we've done for our family in ages.
View attachment 119256
View attachment 119251
GORGEOUS pics!:thumbsup2 Fabulous to hear that your trip was MAGICAL :jumping3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We toured the Poly yesterday. I think I've convinced my family to book it for next year! :banana:

We were there around 5ish. The pool area at that time did not look crowded at all, and there were plenty of tables and chairs available, maybe because it poured in the early afternoon and that helped to clear people out.

We stopped by Trader Sam's to look around. There were only three other families at tables. We will definitely have a drink there next year. :drinking1

That second pic is poster sized print worthy

Thank you!!! That is exactly what I intend to do with it...get a really big print and put it up at work, for when I'm having a tough day and need a reminder of good times.

GORGEOUS pics!:thumbsup2 Fabulous to hear that your trip was MAGICAL :jumping3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Magical is exactly the right word for it! Thank you! :love:

Hi @mickeynut1 :wave:

Going through some of my old pictures today. I miss the old lobby. Will finally see the new one in a couple of week. I'm trying hard not to hate it before I see it :)
I know how you feel but I bet you'll love it. It actually looks wonderful. So much better! Retains the feel of the old but is spacious and you can see the Castle (far off in the distance) when you walk in :wizard:

We were just at the Poly last week and I already miss it so much.

Here's my attempt at an artsy photo. It was the day we were checking out and I was taking pictures of everything so I didn't have to leave!

View attachment 119231

Love your pic! I miss the Polynesian too.

Did they change the bedding too ?

68796_158417804193324_6993604_n.jpg

Yep. And, again, I think you'll love it. Rooms look GREAT! Go into it knowing that the resort is better than ever!

...we were in Fiji 3316 last week....
View attachment 119256
View attachment 119251

We had almost the exact same view in July. Isn't it the best?? Had never had a marina view and now I am hooked! Gorgeous ♥

I agree with johnsonet about the lobby. I was very hesitant to like it, we actually were there during the overhaul and it was terrible. Walls everywhere and like a maze downstairs. But seeing the finished product in May changed my mind. there's a lot better flow now and it doesn't smell as musty in there. There are multiple phone charging ports in the lamp bases and the furniture for the most part is pretty comfy and inviting. GO with an open mind.

Long shot...anyone at the Poly now who would like some Leinenkugal summer shanty let me know. We are leaving and it doesn't fit in the cooler. I could leave it at the desk.

Last edited:
Swimming in your street clothes is very unsanitary. There are so many chemical resistant bacteria now in pools it is crazy. You are supposed to use the shower before and after getting in the pool. The skin infections you can get will last for months. Please use common sense and wear a clean swimsuit and shower off!

Hi all, first time here. We are planning a stay at the Poly next May for the first time :) We will be staying DVC in a standard view villa (reallllly want lake view, but won't trade trip length for view ;) ). With that said, can anybody give me recommendations for a good room location? Also, not all the rooms have balconies, correct? TIA :)
Second floors do not have balconies. Try to pick something so it isn't facing the construction.

Swimming in your street clothes is very unsanitary. There are so many chemical resistant bacteria now in pools it is crazy. You are supposed to use the shower before and after getting in the pool. The skin infections you can get will last for months. Please use common sense and wear a clean swimsuit and shower off!
Are you responding to a post I missed? Who swims in street clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter