Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We just got back last Saturday from our grand stay. I’m already ready for our vacation next year 😂

Rooms were great, the first day we were there they were pressure washing our building or finishing pressure washing. One thing I did notice because we were right by the stairs. Sometimes the door for our floor worked, and sometimes it wasn’t but not a huge inconvenience honestly.

We only ate the quick service maybe twice and it was decent but not what it was. I wished they still had the grilled cheese especially on the rainy evening we had one day.

Gfc first time was amazing from service to food. Second time left much to be desired. The seasonal pancakes were strawberry cheesecake.

Front desk when we checked in were great. When I went back up another day to inquire about something a bit less more personal then the other day.

Housekeeping was fantastic, we never knew what we would come back to with our blanket, ears and stuffed animals.

We just got back last Saturday from our grand stay. I’m already ready for our vacation next year 😂

Rooms were great, the first day we were there they were pressure washing our building or finishing pressure washing. One thing I did notice because we were right by the stairs. Sometimes the door for our floor worked, and sometimes it wasn’t but not a huge inconvenience honestly.

We only ate the quick service maybe twice and it was decent but not what it was. I wished they still had the grilled cheese especially on the rainy evening we had one day.

Gfc first time was amazing from service to food. Second time left much to be desired. The seasonal pancakes were strawberry cheesecake.

Front desk when we checked in were great. When I went back up another day to inquire about something a bit less more personal then the other day.

Housekeeping was fantastic, we never knew what we would come back to with our blanket, ears and stuffed animals.
I agree that Gasparilla’s is not as good as it used to be. I much prefer Captain Cook’s. I will be glad when the path is open between the Poly and the GF.

UPDATE:

We were able to get confirmation this morning, on the VGF thread, regarding the status of the boat dock refurbishment, as well as the work in front of Gaspy’s HERE.

*The dock has reopened and boat service has resumed.

*The patio work in front of Gaspy’s is also complete.

Last edited:
*Construction Notes*

Updated 9/16/24

*9/16/24 - Gasparilla’s Patio Work is still in progress. Some sections have reopened, while some remain closed.

IMG_7242.jpeg

IMG_7243.jpeg

Thank you @Tinks for sharing the photos.

*9/14/24 - Dock Refurbishment Between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom is now complete. Boat service has resumed.

*9/9/24 - Dock Refurbishment Between Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom - Temporarily Unavailable until 9/14/24.
View attachment 893215

*8/27/24 - Gaspy’s Patio Construction has begun. Photos can be found HERE and HERE.

*Work on the Lobby has NOT STARTED to date.

*7/25/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile has REOPENED!

*6/25/24 - Announced Refurbishment of the Convention Center from Summer 2025-Fall 2025.

*M. Mouse Mercantile STILL CLOSED for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Expected to Reopen July 13.

*Work on the Lobby has NOT STARTED to date.

*6/1/24 (estimated) - Construction outside of Porte Cochere/Monorail Platform area has now been completed. Scaffolding has been removed from the area.

*5/20/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile NOW CLOSED for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. Expected to Reopen July 13.

*Work has NOT started on the lobby as of today.

*4/29/24 - M. Mouse Mercantile Closing for Refurbishment at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Starting May 13 to Mid-July

As of 4/17/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

Current Lobby State: REFURBISHMENT HAS NOT STARTED.

IMG_2429.jpeg

EMAILS SENT TO GUESTS

Letter Sent to Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

Letter sent to International Guests:

"Dear Guest,

Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through 2025. This will include some minor work where the lobby will be undergoing some enhancements but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

We wish to confirm that all amenities, including dining, shopping, spa, and recreation including all pools and water play areas will be open for your enjoyment. We’d like to remind you about just some of the many incredible experiences at this Resort."

Last edited:
I'm here today in RPC main building. They are still working on the Gaparilla patio. It is very loud and I'm on the 4th floor. Just a heads up. It is not completed.

Edited to add-- it looks like they are working on a side area of the main patio. It is still pretty disruptive. Let me know if you want any more info.

I'm here today in RPC main building. They are still working on the Gaparilla patio. It is very loud and I'm on the 4th floor. Just a heads up. It is not completed.

Edited to add-- it looks like they are working on a side area of the main patio. It is still pretty disruptive. Let me know if you want any more info.
Humm. Someone else who is there reported this morning it was done. Thanks for the update. Can you please take pictures of that area for us? I’d appreciate it.

My attempt at posting photos. You can see the area to the left is the area they were working on today. The area blocked off in the center area was not worked on today but is blocked off (second photo). I'm here until Wednesday. Let me know if I can check out anything else! They washed outside windows of the 4th floor lounge today- just looked like hose and water. Not a guy on a ladder.

Attachments

• IMG_6721.jpeg
    IMG_6721.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6722.jpeg
    IMG_6722.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 41
My attempt at posting photos. You can see the area to the left is the area they were working on today. The area blocked off in the center area was not worked on today but is blocked off (second photo)
Thank you so much for sharing! I appreciate you taking the time on your trip to post! I’ll attach these to Page 1, if that’s ok.

Does anyone have guesses on monorail crowds for EE once new Poly tower opens? That's a lot of additional people potentially getting on at the Poly or walking to GF.

I realize not everyone gets up early or visits MK, but will be interesting to see the impact.

I am checking out today, sadly. Here are photos from this morning. You can see they’ve taken up the cement patio. I wonder if they will put brick in or new cement? Also, there was a sign out on the 4th floor main building saying they will be washing windows for the next two days. Just a heads up for anyone arriving. Also, the work starts around 4:30 am every morning. I’ve been woken up by loud beeping of vehicles. Maybe using white noise would’ve helped?

Attachments

• IMG_6741.jpeg
    IMG_6741.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6742.jpeg
    IMG_6742.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6743.jpeg
    IMG_6743.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 25
I am checking out today, sadly. Here are photos from this morning. You can see they’ve taken up the cement patio. I wonder if they will put brick in or new cement? Also, there was a sign out on the 4th floor main building saying they will be washing windows for the next two days. Just a heads up for anyone arriving. Also, the work starts around 4:30 am every morning. I’ve been woken up by loud beeping of vehicles. Maybe using white noise would’ve helped?
Thank you so much for sharing & thank you for the great pictures! Hope you had a great time!

IMG_4528.jpegIMG_4527.jpegIMG_4524.jpegIMG_4523.jpegIMG_4522.jpegRoom 4x27. In the past the room had an extra wet bar . Oddly the room has a smaller closet vs the other rooms I have had post remodel . Plenty space for just me and dh.

We were visiting MIL here in Florida but dh decided to add a day to wdw . You can’t book AP or GP same day . Oh my goodness rack rate ????

Nope ! Texted my TA and she got guest services to extend my Bounceback a day !! So now I’m RPC 2 nights.

A few room pix for space comparison .

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest