Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Could be. I was looking at this picture:
https://**************.net/wp-conte...-Fort-Wilderness-from-**************.net_.jpg

Could be. I was looking at this picture:
https://**************.net/wp-conte...-Fort-Wilderness-from-**************.net_.jpg

Both of the larger beds are queens (or queenly), after the refurb that was completed in early 2016. The mis-reporting of them as doubles comes from people who don't travel with tape measures...or interpret their results differently than I do.

Specifically the sofa bed is 60 inches wide (same as a queen, 6 inches wider than a double) and 77 inches long, which is 3 inches shorter than a queen and 2 inches longer than a double. The back bedroom bed matches queen dimensions exactly.

Both of the larger beds are queens (or queenly), after the refurb that was completed in early 2016. The mis-reporting of them as doubles comes from people who don't travel with tape measures...or interpret their results differently than I do.

Specifically the sofa bed is 60 inches wide (same as a queen, 6 inches wider than a double) and 77 inches long, which is 3 inches shorter than a queen and 2 inches longer than a double. The back bedroom bed matches queen dimensions exactly.

Agreed. Plus it doesn't help when Disney's own website lists the sofa bed as a double. :confused3

Hey all! We just booked Mickeys BYBBQ on a night when it starts at 5:30. When it's over between 7-7:30 we want to go to evening EMH at Epcot. What is the fastest way to get there? Boat to MK then Monorail to TTC then to Epcot? Or take internal bus to Outpost and bus to Epcot. Or is there a way via Contemporary? Would a Minnie Van be an option at all? Thanks in advance for your help!

I posted this on the transportation thread but thought all the nice people here could help out as well. :)

Hey all! We just booked Mickeys BYBBQ on a night when it starts at 5:30. When it's over between 7-7:30 we want to go to evening EMH at Epcot. What is the fastest way to get there? Boat to MK then Monorail to TTC then to Epcot? Or take internal bus to Outpost and bus to Epcot. Or is there a way via Contemporary? Would a Minnie Van be an option at all? Thanks in advance for your help!

I posted this on the transportation thread but thought all the nice people here could help out as well. :)

You have 3 options and I think they all would take about the same amount of time, depending on your timing between steps.

1. Internal Bus to Outpost> Bus to EPCOT
2. Boat to Comtemporary> Bus to EPCOT
3. Boat to Comtemporary> Monorail to TTC> Monorail to EPCOT

You have 3 options and I think they all would take about the same amount of time, depending on your timing between steps.

You could also bus to wilderness lodge and transfer to epcot bus. You can catch the bus to the lodge at the settlement stop.

You could also bus to wilderness lodge and transfer to epcot bus. You can catch the bus to the lodge at the settlement stop.

Thanks for all the info! I think we might splurge on a Minnie Van as I hear they can pick up from Pioneer Hall? We will be staying at WL so should be able to use it. That's interesting they have a bus to the lodge from the settlement. Wait, does settlement = outpost? Or is it where Pioneer Hall is?

Thanks for all the info! I think we might splurge on a Minnie Van as I hear they can pick up from Pioneer Hall? We will be staying at WL so should be able to use it. That's interesting they have a bus to the lodge from the settlement. Wait, does settlement = outpost? Or is it where Pioneer Hall is?
The settlement area is where pioneer hall is. Outpost is where you enter the fort with the check in area and the main bus area.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone is still renting golf carts from businesses other than Disney, or is it impossible nowadays? Also, how do most people get their strollers on the carts to and from the busses?? Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone is still renting golf carts from businesses other than Disney, or is it impossible nowadays? Also, how do most people get their strollers on the carts to and from the busses?? Thanks!
It's not impossible to rent from off site companies but it is tricky. Off-site companies are not allowed to deliver to the fort. You have to meet them off-site and I think I've read that some companies let you use their truck and trailer to bring the cart in and then have to do the reverse to return it. I've seen people with folded strollers on the back of their carts. Depends on what stroller you use. An umbrella stroller would be no problem. A double jogger probably would be difficult to transport.

We rented a golf cart from Disney and we also rented a double City Mini stroller from an offsite company. We were able to fold our stroller onto the cart no problem

Does anyone have any cute suggestions on a gift we can drop off for a couple staying in the cabins for a birthday (we are all locals)

I have a cabin related question. We are looking to go down next November. It will be my wife, son (18 months at the time), me, and we are bringing my mom. When our son is in need of a nap it will most likely be my mom that brings him back to the room. My mom is not what you'd call a good navigator. Because of this arrangement we are looking at one of three options: A Fort Wilderness Cabin, an Art of Animation suite, or an All-Star Family Suite. Our preference is that order but we have one dilemma, the internal bus system at Ft. Wilderness.

We have never stayed at Fort Wilderness but have visited there on a non-park day. If we stay at AoA or an All-Star my mom would just need to take the resort bus from the park to the resort, get off at the proper stop, and then walk to the room. At Ft. Wilderness she would have to take the boat or bus to the resort and then the internal bus to our loop. What I am wondering is if there are cabins close enough to either the front bus stop or boat drop off that she could just walk to instead of take the bus?

We really want to stay at Fort Wilderness but if it will add stress for my mom we will have to select a different option.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

There really aren't any cabins close enough to the bus or boat stops to do this. Especially if she is trying to navigate with a small child. Another option is to rent a golf cart. There is still navigation obviously, but they are tons of fun at the Fort. Also, depending on which part of any resort you are staying in, the internal bus system may be easier to navigate than walking to a room.

I have a cabin related question. We are looking to go down next November. It will be my wife, son (18 months at the time), me, and we are bringing my mom. When our son is in need of a nap it will most likely be my mom that brings him back to the room. My mom is not what you'd call a good navigator. Because of this arrangement we are looking at one of three options: A Fort Wilderness Cabin, an Art of Animation suite, or an All-Star Family Suite. Our preference is that order but we have one dilemma, the internal bus system at Ft. Wilderness.

We have never stayed at Fort Wilderness but have visited there on a non-park day. If we stay at AoA or an All-Star my mom would just need to take the resort bus from the park to the resort, get off at the proper stop, and then walk to the room. At Ft. Wilderness she would have to take the boat or bus to the resort and then the internal bus to our loop. What I am wondering is if there are cabins close enough to either the front bus stop or boat drop off that she could just walk to instead of take the bus?

We really want to stay at Fort Wilderness but if it will add stress for my mom we will have to select a different option.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

You may want to post this question in t he Camping Forum. There are many experts there that can give you informed opinions.
http://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

We haven;t stayed at the Fort in a few years but we have rented both onsite and off. As others have said, offsite was a little trickier. As for strollers. We bungee corded our double jogger to the back. It's tricky when you have a full cart and might look like a clown car, but it worked for us.

Thank you for the information everyone. I think we are good with the transportation.

I have a follow-up question. My wife, the 18 month old, and I will be staying in the bedroom and my mom sleeping on the bed in the family area. We assume we will be using a pack & play still and I couldn't tell from the pictures if one would fit in the room.

Does anyone know?

We were thinking about driving the motorhome down for Thanksgiving 2018. There was no availability the entire week. Is it because it’s all booked up or are those dates not available to book yet? Thanks.

We were thinking about driving the motorhome down for Thanksgiving 2018. There was no availability the entire week. Is it because it’s all booked up or are those dates not available to book yet? Thanks.

You can book a site 499 days out. Perhaps play with the dates a bit to see if something comes available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter