• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are a few but can't remember all of them. The main one we used at Casitas 5 was right next to the pickup loop, where the back sides of 4 and 5 almost touch. It made for easy access to the buses and also dumped us right onto the path to get to the main building.
Anyone know where the Ramos are in building 4?

Anyone know if they still have the Guide Map (paper) available for the "Nature Walk" at CSR? If so, where would we pick one up?

Goodness I’m scared to book this resort now! We have family staying there so as I’ve spent all day trying to decide where to stay I was giving up and going to book here as well. There’s nothing worse for us than being closed out of a pool and no parking to boot! Not magical at all!

Goodness I’m scared to book this resort now! We have family staying there so as I’ve spent all day trying to decide where to stay I was giving up and going to book here as well. There’s nothing worse for us than being closed out of a pool and no parking to boot! Not magical at all!

Tom Bricker has an interesting update to his CSR review (https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneys-coronado-springs-resort-review/) where he gives his take on why the resort is particularly affected right now. For example:

"When that tower was added to Coronado Springs, no pools or bus capacity was added to the resort complex. The rationale was that the new tower would be catering almost entirely to convention guests, who would typically not utilize amenities the same way or to the same extent as regular tourists. However, right now there are no conventions occurring, so tourists are the clientele booking those rooms, and they do use the pools and buses. This would be a problem in normal times, but it’s further compounded by physical distancing, which reduces capacity on the buses and at the Dig Site and Lost City of Cibola pool."

Tom Bricker has an interesting update to his CSR review (https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneys-coronado-springs-resort-review/) where he gives his take on why the resort is particularly affected right now. For example:

"When that tower was added to Coronado Springs, no pools or bus capacity was added to the resort complex. The rationale was that the new tower would be catering almost entirely to convention guests, who would typically not utilize amenities the same way or to the same extent as regular tourists. However, right now there are no conventions occurring, so tourists are the clientele booking those rooms, and they do use the pools and buses. This would be a problem in normal times, but it’s further compounded by physical distancing, which reduces capacity on the buses and at the Dig Site and Lost City of Cibola pool."
What he says does make sense regarding the use of the pool and transportation. But then he goes on to say he doesn't recommend CSR for people who plan to use the pool or don't have a car, but it's not like there are a lot of choices right now. If there are only pirate rooms available and CBR (or nothing at CBR) and you want to stay at a moderate, CSR is it. I understand why it's happening and that's there's not much Disney can do about it, but not being able to access the pools at your resort is a big issue. We don't plan on having a ton of pool time, but we do like to use the pools in the evenings primarily. My kids are going to be super disappointed if we run into major issues using the pools later this month. I guess we'll see.

What he says does make sense regarding the use of the pool and transportation. But then he goes on to say he doesn't recommend CSR for people who plan to use the pool or don't have a car, but it's not like there are a lot of choices right now. If there are only pirate rooms available and CBR (or nothing at CBR) and you want to stay at a moderate, CSR is it. I understand why it's happening and that's there's not much Disney can do about it, but not being able to access the pools at your resort is a big issue. We don't plan on having a ton of pool time, but we do like to use the pools in the evenings primarily. My kids are going to be super disappointed if we run into major issues using the pools later this month. I guess we'll see.

Actually I just wish they would open POFQ that’s actually my favorite resort!

Actually I just wish they would open POFQ that’s actually my favorite resort!
We loved POFQ. It was our first stay resort. Last time we stayed at Poly. We are trying to try new resorts each time. But I would be tempted to switch to Riverside and give it a try. Though my 10 year old liked the pool video better here hah.

Booked the tower again for the end of August. Was looking at other options but even with horrific busses I still think it's the best bang for the buck (which includes budgeting for Lyft). Hoping there's a chance the club is open by then which would make it even better.

He happened to stay during the cheer convention and also he never liked CSR prior to the tower. The comments are full of guests that had no issues

Last edited:
I don't know, I certainly don't begrudge anyone's individual take, experience, etc. Two equally minded guests could both stay at CSR (or any Disney resort) right now and walk away with positive and negative opinions and neither would be wrong. You certainly see both sides over time on threads such as this.

But to me, the review doesn't have some key info I personally need to size things up... mainly date(s) of the most recent stay, time of day they tried to use the pools and transportation. Granted I'm more of a detail person so thrive on real info, not so much quick soundbites.

I also disagree with the notion that GDT was only meant to be a convention hotel and when it's only full of 'regular guests' the whole resort doesn't work or is flawed. Seems too simple, too black/white to me. The reality is that NO Disney resort is sized properly for current conditions - mainly social distancing on the pool decks and limited park/other options to pull people away from the resort. This isn't exactly unique to Disney - most resorts anywhere in the world depend on a fine line of some guests enjoying on-site amenities while others are off doing other things. And peak of day pool waits certainly aren't unique to CSR from what has been reported on/off this spring, especially the larger resorts.

Not saying there certainly aren't some pinch points at the very large multi-bus stop resorts such as CSR - the best thing people going to Disney can do is read up/study up on conditions and various reports so you have expectations for what one may encounter when there.

We booked the Tower knowing it was going to have convention guests, never blinked an eye about it. Yacht Club had convention guests.
When we stayed at Beach Club we used like to watch all the groups of conventioneers come stumbling back to the hotel after their Epcot Illuminations party. :D

My biggest concern is the bus situation and the fact it's apparently expensive/long waits to get an Uber at this time. Hopefully as social distancing measures ease, the wait times get better.

We booked the Tower knowing it was going to have convention guests, never blinked an eye about it. Yacht Club had convention guests.
When we stayed at Beach Club we used like to watch all the groups of conventioneers come stumbling back to the hotel after their Epcot Illuminations party. :D

My biggest concern is the bus situation and the fact it's apparently expensive/long waits to get an Uber at this time. Hopefully as social distancing measures ease, the wait times get better.
LOL!!

We've stayed at CSR (not in GDT) with conventions back in 2019 and it wasn't an issue at all other than navigating through groups from time to time but was no biggie at all.

The GDT bus situation for rope drop is the only drawback we've found at this resort.
(Solution: We left a few minutes earlier to go to one of the other stops! :D )

When we went to parks at later times when DD had school, she and I caught a bus with no problem mid-day.

We did book a 2-night stay for next month but aren't doing parks during that leg of the trip but now am worried about pools! lol

I was there during the cheerleading thing. Saw one group walking to the lobby one of the times we left the tower stop to catch a bus somewhere else. Don't know what impact it had on the pools but I barely noticed otherwise.

Also put me in the group that WANTS to stay at a convention hotel. Being a convention-goer sometimes, as long as you aren't spending your night at the bars on property, convention guests are hardly seen or heard from. Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter