Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the Dig Site. Does the water slide have a height requirement? Can I be near the bottom of the slide to help my kids get back out of the water? Can they wear water wings or are there life jackets available? My kids are so excited about a water slide but are not the best swimmers!! Thanks for your help!!

I don't remember there being a height requirement. There are life jackets available at the pool although I'm sure water wings are acceptable. There is a lifeguard at the bottom of the slide and a signal light at the top to let the kids know when to "go". Your kids would need to move to either side after sliding so as not to block the lane.

Hm. I was planning to park and leave the car all week. The buses sound more convenient than finding a spot everywhere and walking that MK lot. Plus the lines getting in to the lots.

For us I think it'll be less hassle taking the buses.

Am I wrong? Or do some people with cars leave them?

We go every December for 2 weeks. This year will be our 4th time at CSR. We come all the way from western Canada and the last thing I want to do on my vacation is have the stress of driving in a busy strange place. We have never rented a car and have always used the Disney transportation, other than the odd Taxi ride. CSR has great bus service. It is the most centrally located resort.

The only issue with the bus transportation is DTD. It's an issue with any resort that doesn't have a boat heading there. However I'm not sure driving to DTD is any faster right now with all the construction and road blocks. Finding a parking spot is an issue and it will likely be a long walk from that spot.

Hm. I was planning to park and leave the car all week. The buses sound more convenient than finding a spot everywhere and walking that MK lot. Plus the lines getting in to the lots.

We use Disney transportation. i think it's fun. We use the buses/boats/monorails. I always like to visit Tambu lounge at the Poly. This past time I took the bus to Epcot, monorail to MK then Poly. We took the monorail to MK and then caught a bus back to CSR.
It's an adventure. I love it!

The only time we use the truck is when we go off property. We usually leave once to go to some favorite off property places on I drive.

Every time we've had a car with us we find it stays put until we check out. We prefer the buses to driving as we find the bus rides to be an experience in and of themselves. We have met so many nice people from all over the world on the bus rides to and from the parks.

The only issue with the bus transportation is DTD. It's an issue with any resort that doesn't have a boat heading there. However I'm not sure driving to DTD is any faster right now with all the construction and road blocks. Finding a parking spot is an issue and it will likely be a long walk from that spot.

I agree bus transportation to DTD leaves much to be desired. However, driving to DTD right now appears to be SO much worse than using bus transportation. We met friends their on a weeknight last October and it took nearly 90 minutes for them to finally get a parking space. It was crazy! I've heard the parking situation has only gotten worse so I would avoid driving there at all costs.

We're planning to pick up some groceries on our way to the resort. We'll be arriving around noon. What are our options for our perishable food if our room isn't ready?

We're planning to pick up some groceries on our way to the resort. We'll be arriving around noon. What are our options for our perishable food if our room isn't ready?

They have a big cooler in Bell services. They store guests Garden Grocer orders in there. I would think they would store your stuff just like your luggage if you ask.

They have a big cooler in Bell services. They store guests Garden Grocer orders in there. I would think they would store your stuff just like your luggage if you ask.

They put mine in an actual full sized refrigerator. They let me in to look through it because I was missing part of my order (a block of cheese). I was surprised that it was only one fridge. GG delivered the missing cheese the next day.

The Frozen fireworks are even better from the bridge next to cabanas 9b, business class.:thumbsup2

Very happy to hear this!! Our first ever trip to WDW we stayed at CBR in building Martinique 25 and from the beach right outside our room you get a great view every night of the medium to high fireworks from Epcot. We have stayed at CSR every trip since and that's the one big thing I've always missed not staying at CBR.

Can't wait to enjoy these new fireworks during our 2 week Business Class stay in December!!

Thanks for reporting on this!! :thumbsup2

Very happy to hear this!! Our first ever trip to WDW we stayed at CBR in building Martinique 25 and from the beach right outside our room you get a great view every night of the medium to high fireworks from Epcot. We have stayed at CSR every trip since and that's the one big thing I've always missed not staying at CBR.

Can't wait to enjoy these new fireworks during our 2 week Business Class stay in December!!

Thanks for reporting on this!! :thumbsup2
Doesn't the Frozen summer end in September?

Anyone know if they still have Krispy Kreme donuts at Cafe Rix? Because if they do... I don't know if I'll be able to handle my excitement.

I'm only half way through this thread. We are staying BC in September. Can you take wine back to the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter