• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

My question is, and what I'm confused by, what views do you have from the Outer Villas vs. the Inner Villas?

I've had people recommend the North view, even numbers, and others say the South view, even numbers.

What are your favorite 2 BR lake views and what would I request in order to see the lake and the EWP?
We've stayed at BLT on rented points three times - once in a studio lake view and twice in a 1-BR lake view - so not your exact scenario but this is my experience with the views.

Trip 1 - We requested inside the C, higher floor. We were used to staying at the Contemporary with a lake view, and we liked watching all of the activity at the pool when we'd relax on the patio. We were given inside the C, south facing. This was great because we could see the EWP from our patio at night, and we got all of the pool activity that we liked, too.

Trip 2 - We again requested inside the C, higher floor. This time we were in a north facing room, inside the C. We discovered on our first night that we were not able to see the EWP at night, which was a disappointment. We could walk down to the CR marina and watch from there, but it's not the same.

Trip 3 - We placed a priority on seeing the EWP, so we asked for south facing, higher floor. This time we got outside the C, south facing. We could see the CR marina, and more importantly the EWP at night. The room was also a little roomier, although we missed the extra storage closet we got with the inner room from the previous trip.

If you'd like, I can find which rooms we were in on those trips. I just have to dig up pictures because my memory is not that good!

Our trip is fast approaching and I’m still so confused as to area I should request at BLT. We have never stayed at BLT, but we were upgraded to a Lake View, dedicated 2 bedroom villa. I am confused by the maps and descriptions of inner vs. outer. On the map showing dedicated 2 BR villas, it looks like Outer Villas are North Facing Bay Lake #02 and #12, then South Facing Contemporary #44 are the only Lake View dedicated 2 BR. The Inner Villas are South #41, Center #29 & #17, then North #5.

We have already requested a high floor. We would like a good view of the lake, and to be able to see the Electric Water Pageant from our room.

My question is, and what I'm confused by, what views do you have from the Outer Villas vs. the Inner Villas?

I've had people recommend the North view, even numbers, and others say the South view, even numbers.

What are your favorite 2 BR lake views and what would I request in order to see the lake and the EWP?
Inside is better for that.

I prefer the outer ones because North has castle/space mountain view with some side view of bay lake. (dd favorite)
South faces CR and seven seas lagoon which is my fav view.

I think i could see EWP from there.

However honestly I don't think BLT has a bad view. Even our 4th floor was amazing. Many prefer the inner C because you have a better view/no parking lot.

We've stayed at BLT on rented points three times - once in a studio lake view and twice in a 1-BR lake view - so not your exact scenario but this is my experience with the views.

Trip 1 - We requested inside the C, higher floor. We were used to staying at the Contemporary with a lake view, and we liked watching all of the activity at the pool when we'd relax on the patio. We were given inside the C, south facing. This was great because we could see the EWP from our patio at night, and we got all of the pool activity that we liked, too.

Trip 2 - We again requested inside the C, higher floor. This time we were in a north facing room, inside the C. We discovered on our first night that we were not able to see the EWP at night, which was a disappointment. We could walk down to the CR marina and watch from there, but it's not the same.

Trip 3 - We placed a priority on seeing the EWP, so we asked for south facing, higher floor. This time we got outside the C, south facing. We could see the CR marina, and more importantly the EWP at night. The room was also a little roomier, although we missed the extra storage closet we got with the inner room from the previous trip.

If you'd like, I can find which rooms we were in on those trips. I just have to dig up pictures because my memory is not that good!

Thank you for sharing your experiences. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to know your room number from Trip 3, high floor, south facing. I'm thinking of requesting this same area, south view, higher floor, with a room #XX44. I'm hoping this will provide us a view of the EWP, plus the Contemporary.

Has anyone visited the contemporary recently that can comment on the room renovation construction? We are booked for next week, but may try to make a last minute switch to another resort. This is our first time at the contemporary and it just seems like based on some blog posts about the rooms there are walls and construction everywhere. May not be the best time to go.

Has anyone visited the contemporary recently that can comment on the room renovation construction? We are booked for next week, but may try to make a last minute switch to another resort. This is our first time at the contemporary and it just seems like based on some blog posts about the rooms there are walls and construction everywhere. May not be the best time to go.

Interested in hearing about this, too. I had been taking the view so far that half the resort being empty meant less crowding and likely no waits at the pool.

I was just there two weeks ago and didn’t find it to be a big deal. All of the rooms on the theme park side are covered with scrim and there is a “wall” made of curtains by the elevators on the room floors to keep people from entering the construction areas. The construction noise wasn’t bad when I was there and only went from 9am to 5pm when most people are in the parks. This could be an issue if someone in your party takes a nap during those hours. All of the shops and restaurants are open.
These are pics I took of the “scrim” covering the rooms being renovated.

CA7DBFA9-98C0-4D47-BE6B-FBA9627C80D0.jpeg
7FC9FE00-FA20-4414-BB17-E3CAA83109D8.jpeg

Interested in hearing about this, too. I had been taking the view so far that half the resort being empty meant less crowding and likely no waits at the pool.

I found it to be less crowded than other stays I’ve had here. I can’t speak about crowds at the pool as I didn’t use it but when I looked out at them from my balcony they seemed rather empty.

I’m here now, staying in the Garden Wing so haven’t noticed it really at all. You hear it a bit when waiting for the monorail, or at Contempo Cafe but it’s not crazy constant noise.

The pool has been busy but not at capacity. Have always been able to find a shade chair mid-day.

I’m here now, staying in the Garden Wing so haven’t noticed it really at all. You hear it a bit when waiting for the monorail, or at Contempo Cafe but it’s not crazy constant noise.

The pool has been busy but not at capacity. Have always been able to find a shade chair mid-day.

How is the garden wing? We are staying there for the first time on this upcoming trip. We have stayed in the tower so we know what the rooms are like in general. I figured it would just be quieter in the garden wing (especially while there is renovation going on) and that it might be nice to be closer to the pool and not need to rely on the elevators.

I was just there two weeks ago and didn’t find it to be a big deal. All of the rooms on the theme park side are covered with scrim and there is a “wall” made of curtains by the elevators on the room floors to keep people from entering the construction areas. The construction noise wasn’t bad when I was there and only went from 9am to 5pm when most people are in the parks. This could be an issue if someone in your party takes a nap during those hours. All of the shops and restaurants are open.
These are pics I took of the “scrim” covering the rooms being renovated.

View attachment 572778
View attachment 572779

Thanks so much for the photos and feedback! This is really helpful.

How is the garden wing? We are staying there for the first time on this upcoming trip. We have stayed in the tower so we know what the rooms are like in general. I figured it would just be quieter in the garden wing (especially while there is renovation going on) and that it might be nice to be closer to the pool and not need to rely on the elevators.
I’ll be in the garden wing this June. Have the same questions. Thanks!

Up until yesterday we were booked to arrive Sunday for five nights in the tower in a Bay Lake view room. This past Saturday we watched a live vlog that got us to thinking and change our mind and we jumped to a one bedroom villa at the Riviera. For what Disney is charging for the room rates, we did not want to deal with the noise or look. We sometimes head back to the room around midday. I understand we are all different but I don’t want to deal with it. The title of the video on YouTube is called “Magic Kingdom Resorts Challenge - Walt Disney World livestream”. Go to the two hour and sixteen minute mark to start watching.

Last edited:
Thanks so much to everyone for weighing in! I watched the video that Disney0010 spoke of above from a couple of days ago and decided to switch our reservation to the Grand Floridian. I don't want the contemporary experience to be marred since it's our first one, and we are planning to spend a lot of time at the resort relaxing.

Thank you guys! We'll get there eventually! It's one of 2 resorts I haven't stayed at!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter