• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

When I called a week or so ago about them, I was told half and full days are available. He said they were just not showing available to book but may be available day of once they open. I hope they are full and half days bc I want one of each!!

I wonder if they will still have the soda fridge and other stuff that usually comes with them.
I will call this week, probably Wednesday. I wonder if we can stop in the morning to reserve for the afternoon? We have gotten a fruit tray for half day, and also a dessert tray for whole day in the past. Along with all the drinks. Here’s hoping 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.

I will call this week, probably Wednesday. I wonder if we can stop in the morning to reserve for the afternoon? We have gotten a fruit tray for half day, and also a dessert tray for whole day in the past. Along with all the drinks. Here’s hoping 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.
:banana:Ooh yeah! Report back what you find out. I'll take the next week lol! 🤣

Hi, We arrive tomorrow for our stay at BLT! Does anyone know if we will be able to take the boat to WL for our Whispering Canyon breakfast this week? I know WL boat to MK is supposed to be running but I didn't know about CR to WL and back. Thank you!

Hi, We arrive tomorrow for our stay at BLT! Does anyone know if we will be able to take the boat to WL for our Whispering Canyon breakfast this week? I know WL boat to MK is supposed to be running but I didn't know about CR to WL and back. Thank you!
From what has been reported, watercraft are not running right now between resorts. This could change at any time.

I have a TPV main tower room booked for next year. Looking at online check in room requests the options are: Balcony, upper room, highest room. First, I thought all rooms have balconies so what is with that request? Second, I don’t think I want highest level because of possible restaurant noise but is an upper room better than lower? Any advice is appreciated!

I have a TPV main tower room booked for next year. Looking at online check in room requests the options are: Balcony, upper room, highest room. First, I thought all rooms have balconies so what is with that request? Second, I don’t think I want highest level because of possible restaurant noise but is an upper room better than lower? Any advice is appreciated!
The balcony request is for the garden wing rooms. All tower rooms have balconies. Your only request that the system will take is highest floor. Once you choose that, it won’t offer a 2nd request. I haven't stayed there yet, but this was my experience when I did my online check-in last week.

The balcony request is for the garden wing rooms. All tower rooms have balconies. Your only request that the system will take is highest floor. Once you choose that, it won’t offer a 2nd request. I haven't stayed there yet, but this was my experience when I did my online check-in last week.

That makes sense. Thanks so much! I’ll leave requests blank then in hopes of an early check in!

Dropping in to say the (newly) hubby and I will be staying in the Garden Wing January 11-16 for our (late) Honeymoon and I'm super excited. Usually my heart is at Wilderness Lodge but with it not being available I thought I give Contemporary a try. I'm just hoping everything starts to get better in FL and of course I'm hoping our home state of VA keeps getting better otherwise our reception will be postponed/cancelled. Hope you guys with upcoming or current trips are staying safe.

Dropping in to say the (newly) hubby and I will be staying in the Garden Wing January 11-16 for our (late) Honeymoon and I'm super excited. Usually my heart is at Wilderness Lodge but with it not being available I thought I give Contemporary a try. I'm just hoping everything starts to get better in FL and of course I'm hoping our home state of VA keeps getting better otherwise our reception will be postponed/cancelled. Hope you guys with upcoming or current trips are staying safe.
Congrats!

Keep an eye on things. It is possible WL open next year. Things seem to move quickly.

Also at 60 days you can book dining so maybe do a dinner at WL?

Either that or just visit. It is lovely at winter.

I had to cancel this week blt because dd's bf has to take a covid test to get his wisdom teeth removed next week.

SO I was bummed for days until I realized we could go 7/30-8/2. I was able to book cr gw with ap discount 3 nights with tax just over $1000. That is a good rate for deluxe!

We got the parks we wanted and even CG for a Saturday night!!

Woo hoo !

This one better stick!!!!

@HauntedGirl89 I will post pix of the gw area!

Anyone staying at CR currently know if the pool has been hitting capacity now that full resort is open?

Also how has the bus situation been for getting to the parks in the morning? Arriving this weekend and debating on taking DME and using busses or renting a car.

We arrive this weekend. This will be our first time staying at CR and we are wondering what time should we start our walk to MK if we want to make it for the 9am opening. I'm not sure how everything works with walking and what time they are letting people in.

We arrive this weekend. This will be our first time staying at CR and we are wondering what time should we start our walk to MK if we want to make it for the 9am opening. I'm not sure how everything works with walking and what time they are letting people in.
Keep an eye on social media. I know wdw has not been letting people arrive TOO early for the parks.

Pre covid I would have left at 8:35am. That is plenty of time to walk over and get through security. Now? I still probably due similar because if they make you stand in line outside the park there is no hurry for that!

They run a scroll on the resort TV channel saying the walkway isn’t open until park opening, although it’s been opening before that. Although I’m not sure the exact time they do open.

We walked to the AP preview last week around 8:30am (park opened at 9), FWIW.

FWIW, I've seen many WDW vloggers and bloggers suggest not getting there for rope drop -- there's simply no need to because crowds are so small. I think you'll have an easier time navigating crowds if you wait until 9 or a little after to start walking over. On the pathway, there is a security checkpoint you go through. I'm unsure now if there are temperature screenings there too, but I would assume so since it's a way for those coming from CR and BLT to bypass security at the main checkpoint in MK. Have a great trip!

FWIW, I've seen many WDW vloggers and bloggers suggest not getting there for rope drop -- there's simply no need to because crowds are so small. I think you'll have an easier time navigating crowds if you wait until 9 or a little after to start walking over. On the pathway, there is a security checkpoint you go through. I'm unsure now if there are temperature screenings there too, but I would assume so since it's a way for those coming from CR and BLT to bypass security at the main checkpoint in MK. Have a great trip!

Yep -they have white temporary temp check tent set up before the walkway security station.

I had to cancel this week blt because dd's bf has to take a covid test to get his wisdom teeth removed next week.

SO I was bummed for days until I realized we could go 7/30-8/2. I was able to book cr gw with ap discount 3 nights with tax just over $1000. That is a good rate for deluxe!

We got the parks we wanted and even CG for a Saturday night!!

Woo hoo !

This one better stick!!!!

@HauntedGirl89 I will post pix of the gw area!

See you there! We will be there July 28-August 5!

I am here right now. Pool is not full in the evenings. We haven't been at the resort in the afternoons yet to see what it looks like during the day.
The walkway to MK is empty if you don't try to "rope drop." Show up an hour later and you won't have to deal with lines. Most rides are walk on, especially later in the day.
In one hour (4-5) we did five attractions, including 7DMT which was only a 15 minute wait. Everything else was walk on.
Plan on long bus waits. We waited 40 minutes to get on an AK bus yesterday morning and another hour to get home. We are headed to EPCOT today so I can report on those bus wait times, too.
The elevators are a big issue in the evenings. Plan on waiting 15+ minutes just to get on an elevator anytime you need to use one due to the distancing measures being taken place. It's frustrating we don't have stair access for the higher floors when going up, since the doors are locked from the outside.
We were originally booked in the garden wing and when we got here were upgraded to a lake view room in the main tower so that was a nice surprise.
An added note for APs - starting yesterday our merchandise discount has increased to 30% for the next 30 days. That was also a nice surprise.
Unfortunately, they are not selling new TIW memberships and they don't know when/if they will be available again. That was a not-so-fun surprise.
If anyone else has any other questions specific operational updates at the resort, please feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter