Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Very well done video! Thank you!

FYI the description is a little confusing. In the DVC the plain size rooms are called studios, then they have 1 and 2 bedroom villas. In the Hotels they are called rooms and suites. It may not seem like a big deal but that is the terminology.

Again thanks for posting!!!!:flower1:
DVC also has three bedroom Grand Villas (that sleep 12) (at all but BRV, BCV, PVB), Bungalows at the Polynesian that sleep 8, Cascade Cabins at WL that sleep 8, tree house villas that sleep 9 at SSR. The biggest difference between villas and suites are the full kitchen and laundry. Villas have them, most suites do not (they might have a butler's pantry). Most of the studios have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa (most double sized, some queen sized) (some also have a bunk sized murphy bed), but OKW has two real queen beds. RIV has a murphy bed instead of a sleeper sofa. SSR renovated villas have a murphy bed instead of a sleeper sofa).

Should not be a problem for you as there are ~360 rooms in the Garden wing and only 54 of those have a Standard view. The Tower is actually smaller at a meager 295 rooms.

Dave
Oh wow ! Did not know that ! Thank you :) what’s the best way to make a room request ? Thanks

Hi! I am looking at purchasing BLT in DVC and given how big that commitment is I’m trying to make sure I understand all the details.

I have a specific question about Epcot Transporation. Getting there seems straightforward enough, at least when MK isn’t emptying out - 1 Monorail stop then a transfer.

Getting back though seems like a 45 minute process, with all those stops on the resort monorail. I have three questions:

1. is that a fair estimate of the average return time from Epcot to Contemporary/BLT?
  2. I keep seeing conflicting information on this: Does WDW routinely run buses from Epcot to the Contemporary?
  3. Can you take a bus from Epcot to MK and walk? Do people? How late do they run those?

Hi! I am looking at purchasing BLT in DVC and given how big that commitment is I’m trying to make sure I understand all the details.

I have a specific question about Epcot Transporation. Getting there seems straightforward enough, at least when MK isn’t emptying out - 1 Monorail stop then a transfer.

Getting back though seems like a 45 minute process, with all those stops on the resort monorail. I have three questions:

1. is that a fair estimate of the average return time from Epcot to Contemporary/BLT?
  2. I keep seeing conflicting information on this: Does WDW routinely run buses from Epcot to the Contemporary?
  3. Can you take a bus from Epcot to MK and walk? Do people? How late do they run those?
Yep. By the way, if you look anything at all like your avatar, you won't like the BLT studio. They are really cramped. But if you are a normal sized person, you will still find them to be cramped.

Yep. By the way, if you look anything at all like your avatar, you won't like the BLT studio. They are really cramped. But if you are a normal sized person, you will still find them to be cramped.
Thank you. Is that a yes to all 3?

I am a large white man instead of the large black man pictured so more or less yes. I am interested in 1BRs, not Studios. We want the real kitchen, otherwise I don’t think we’d be looking at buying. From the videos I’ve seen the 1BRs look similar in space to what we had at Kidani last year, is that a fair assessment?

Our plan was to do a sleeping tour of a few resorts this September before buying but who knows if we’ll ever get to do that...

I’m in a BLT 2BR right now (moved by Disney). I’ve never stayed in a villa before, but now I get what all the “DVC people” are raving about. Not going to lie, it’s awesome.

As far as Epcot... that’s CR’s weak link (IMO). Getting there... excitement, one stop, and adrenaline make the transferring feel fine. Getting back.... eh, blah.... not so great. I could say the same for GF too, BTW.

1) I think that is fair - could be shorter if you luck out with timing and transfers, could be longer if you hit bad luck.

2) CR doesn’t normally have buses to Epcot as long as the monorail is running, as far as I know.

3) No bus from Epcot to MK as far as I know, it’s monorail only. Unless it is out of service.

That’s the facts as I know them, someone chime in if I’m off or stale on anything.

California Grill and Chef Mickey’s now showing in the list of restaurants to open July 10th! Not able to book yet though it seems. Sand Bar also listed
All kidding aside, where are you seeing this? I only see the list of restaurants reopening June 22 and none of these are on that list. I know CMs were called back, but they can get called back to work in a different restaurant/area.

EDIT, found it! 🤞🏽
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

And confirmation that the Epcot monorail will not be running. :sad1:

Transportation
  • Bus transportation will be available between this Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area
  • Once the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will also be available to transport Guests to and from EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Monorail transportation will be available to and from Magic Kingdom park; monorail transportation will not be available for EPCOT

And confirmation that the Epcot monorail will not be running. :sad1:

Transportation
  • Bus transportation will be available between this Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area
  • Once the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will also be available to transport Guests to and from EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Monorail transportation will be available to and from Magic Kingdom park; monorail transportation will not be available for EPCOT
Hope the walkway to MK is open

Len Testa said on his podcast that the walkway wasn’t open. He stayed at BLT for cast previews and it was closed. They bused him to MK. He thinks the medical screening wasn’t setup along the walkway. Not sure if that will continue but hopefully not. We are staying at BLT beginning 7/15 and are rooting for the walkway to be open.

Yup! I have a Skipper's reservation at 6:40. I'm just going to assume we will be able to walk or monorail back. The monorail has to run longer than just MK for those that have dinner reservations at the monorail resorts.

Len Testa said on his podcast that the walkway wasn’t open. He stayed at BLT for cast previews and it was closed. They bused him to MK. He thinks the medical screening wasn’t setup along the walkway. Not sure if that will continue but hopefully not. We are staying at BLT beginning 7/15 and are rooting for the walkway to be open.
Please report back if it is. Have a spectacular trip!!

Question so normally the walkway allows you to do everything right there and walk directly into the park? We have never stayed at CR before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter