Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I canceled my Dolphin ressie and booked the YC for the end of June, with the discount the YC was only a couple of hundred more...we'll drink the difference in wine. :dogdance: I agree with dansdad that the reduction in inventory is affecting the rates at the Poly and WL and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Hi, All! I have been back a week now from our WL CL Easter weekend trip. Apologies on the delayed report. I will give some basic details in this post and then try to get some food and beverage pics posted later today.

Trip dates: March 29-April 2
Booked: WL Standard Club Level Room

An Old Faithful Club cast member sent a personal email to me about a week out from the trip to double check room requests, ask about allergies, and confirm our arrival time. It was a nice surprise.

I attached the CL schedule and a picture of the items left in our room when we arrived. The chocolate gift from The Ganachery is the same as last year. Very nice.

Our room. You guys, we recieved some major pixie dust. We were placed in a two-bedroom, two-bathroom villa at Copper Creek! It was a beautiful space. The size of three standard rooms. It did create a hiccup with CL access, as our magic bands wouldn't open the magic door that connects that side of the lodge to the lounge. After a quick trip to the front desk, they issued us each a plastic card that gave us access to the lounge.

Lounge service was excellent. Friendly and attentive staff for the most part. It felt more busy this time, maybe due to the holiday weekend. Overall great experience again. Definitely worth putting on your CL list if you have never tried it.

Attachments

• letter reduced.jpg
    letter reduced.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 53
  • papers reduced_Redacted.jpg
    papers reduced_Redacted.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 56
Here are pictures of the drinks in the Old Faithful lounge. Someone had asked about bottled water. The Dasani was available at all times of day. Beer fridge during 5-7 pm time. Cordials out 8-10 pm. One draft beer was different (no pic, sorry). No more Widmer Brothers Hefe, it has been replaced with Elysian Dragonstooth Stout. The other draft was the same, Elysian IPA. All of the beer is Pacific Northwest brew.

Attachments

• drinks reduced.jpg
    drinks reduced.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 52
  • beer reduced.jpg
    beer reduced.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51
  • cordials reduced.jpg
    cordials reduced.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 53
Hi, All! I have been back a week now from our WL CL Easter weekend trip. Apologies on the delayed report. I will give some basic details in this post and then try to get some food and beverage pics posted later today.

Trip dates: March 29-April 2
Booked: WL Standard Club Level Room

An Old Faithful Club cast member sent a personal email to me about a week out from the trip to double check room requests, ask about allergies, and confirm our arrival time. It was a nice surprise.

I attached the CL schedule and a picture of the items left in our room when we arrived. The chocolate gift from The Ganachery is the same as last year. Very nice.

Our room. You guys, we recieved some major pixie dust. We were placed in a two-bedroom, two-bathroom villa at Copper Creek! It was a beautiful space. The size of three standard rooms. It did create a hiccup with CL access, as our magic bands wouldn't open the magic door that connects that side of the lodge to the lounge. After a quick trip to the front desk, they issued us each a plastic card that gave us access to the lounge.

Lounge service was excellent. Friendly and attentive staff for the most part. It felt more busy this time, maybe due to the holiday weekend. Overall great experience again. Definitely worth putting on your CL list if you have never tried it.
I’ve been waiting on your report! I’m so glad you had such a great trip. Did they say why they moved your room? That’s so awesome to have so much space.

On Easter Sunday, the WL lounge had a cookie decorating station set up. We found it mid-afternoon, and it was gone by 5pm service. Also a few other cute Easter touches found in the lounge.

Attachments

• cookies reduced.jpg
    cookies reduced.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 37
  • egg reduced size.jpg
    egg reduced size.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 39
  • jellybean cupcakes.jpg
    jellybean cupcakes.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 38
I’ve been waiting on your report! I’m so glad you had such a great trip. Did they say why they moved your room? That’s so awesome to have so much space.
Thank you! It was a really nice (fast) trip. I did inquire about the room upgrade, and the front desk wasn't able to give any information. Said that maybe a "room emergency" had occurred and they had to move us.

I did this really quickly, but quick comparison of summer discounts. Obviously check your own math on your bookings, don’t take my word for it. :-)

Summer Room Only vs AP Offer

GF - 25% / 33% (I can’t immediately explain the odd number here, need to do more research)
Poly - 15% / 15% (c’mon man!)
CR - 15% / 20%

WL - 15% / 17% (odd)

BC - 15% / 20%
YC - 25% / 33% (another odd one)
BWI - 25% / 30%

AKL - 25% / 33% (another odd one)

So Poly and WL are the big summer losers. Blah!

Again, asterisks on the above since I did this quickly (and panicking to update my own reservations!).

How are you seeing this? When I log in and look for my dates, which are in the time period, it does not show me any pass holder rates options at all, just the incredible summer rate. I’m logged in and it says I am able to view products and prices for pass holders, and I can see the ones for spring up until June 10, just not this one. Even when I go to the pass holder section of MDE it only shows 2 available offers, Spring into 2018 through April 14 and fun and sun through June 10? :confused3 We have a 3 way split stay between YC/BC/CR all CL and even 5% more would help!

How are you seeing this? When I log in and look for my dates, which are in the time period, it does not show me any pass holder rates options at all, just the incredible summer rate. I’m logged in and it says I am able to view products and prices for pass holders, and I can see the ones for spring up until June 10, just not this one. Even when I go to the pass holder section of MDE it only shows 2 available offers, Spring into 2018 through April 14 and fun and sun through June 10? :confused3 We have a 3 way split stay between YC/BC/CR all CL and even 5% more would help!

I tried every possible way to see the new AP rates on my computer and it was a total no-go even with multiple browsers, clearing cookies, and logging in and out. I am able to see them when I log into the browser on my iPhone (safari) but I ended up just calling in and getting the rate that way.

This isn’t a screen shot from today, but would still apply. I just log in, search, and scroll to the right. I exclusively use Chrome via an Incognito tab for all Disney website stuff. It’s the only way I’ve found to effectively do things without Stitch showing up frequently.

Attachments

• AP Discount Screen.png
    AP Discount Screen.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 23
I tried every possible way to see the new AP rates on my computer and it was a total no-go even with multiple browsers, clearing cookies, and logging in and out. I am able to see them when I log into the browser on my iPhone (safari) but I ended up just calling in and getting the rate that way.

This isn’t a screen shot from today, but would still apply. I just log in, search, and scroll to the right. I exclusively use Chrome via an Incognito tab for all Disney website stuff. It’s the only way I’ve found to effectively do things without Stitch showing up frequently.

I've always used chrome on my mac, and have always been able to see the AP rates without a problem. But today when I read the new ones were out I couldn't see them at all. So I switched to safari, still on my mac, and they were there :confused3. I have't had a chance to go back to chrome and see if I can see them or not.

However, for the 4 nights we have booked CR atrium CL (June 18-22) the new AP rate is exactly the same as I already have booked under the summer fun offer (whatever it's called). The total is the same to the cent, but it is listed as AP rate. Bummer. Then, to add insult to injury, my first 4 nights at the YC are June 10-14, and the 10th is under the previous offer and the 11-14 under the new one. I didn't mess with it enough online to see my options and prices, since I had those 4 nights booked under the summer non AP offer, but it wouldn't let me look just under the AP offer since technically the 10th isn't included. I'll just have to call tonight (unfortunately I can't do it until then) and see what they say.

I did get an email this afternoon about the new AP discounts out, I'll have to try using the link I assume it provides and see if that works.

I've always used chrome on my mac, and have always been able to see the AP rates without a problem. But today when I read the new ones were out I couldn't see them at all. So I switched to safari, still on my mac, and they were there :confused3. I have't had a chance to go back to chrome and see if I can see them or not.

However, for the 4 nights we have booked CR atrium CL (June 18-22) the new AP rate is exactly the same as I already have booked under the summer fun offer (whatever it's called). The total is the same to the cent, but it is listed as AP rate. Bummer. Then, to add insult to injury, my first 4 nights at the YC are June 10-14, and the 10th is under the previous offer and the 11-14 under the new one. I didn't mess with it enough online to see my options and prices, since I had those 4 nights booked under the summer non AP offer, but it wouldn't let me look just under the AP offer since technically the 10th isn't included. I'll just have to call tonight (unfortunately I can't do it until then) and see what they say.

I did get an email this afternoon about the new AP discounts out, I'll have to try using the link I assume it provides and see if that works.

Good luck - I had a reservation that straddled two discount periods last year. I’m not sure if I had another option, but I ended up making two reservations and just begged to be allowed to stay in the same room. Ended up being fine, but total pain to keep track of two reservations and I was ready to have to be moved.

Good luck - I had a reservation that straddled two discount periods last year. I’m not sure if I had another option, but I ended up making two reservations and just begged to be allowed to stay in the same room. Ended up being fine, but total pain to keep track of two reservations and I was ready to have to be moved.

We're using a cc that gives you the fourth night free for any hotel stay, but you have to book 4 nights. So i can't break it up into 2 reservations without losing that perk, and a free night staying CL at a Disney resort is far more savings than adding the AP discount will get me! I was able to do the summer discount for the 4 nights, I think it was just the first night wasn't discounted and then the last 3 were, and it gave me the average per night over the stay as my nightly rate. (I think, or maybe I just assumed that, it's all running together now :rotfl:). I'll just have to call tonight and see.

Would someone with an AP be able to check the cost for YC CL room for 8/23-8/29 for me? I’m thinking about getting an AP. Thank you in advance. (If you need 2 adults and 2 children).

Would someone with an AP be able to check the cost for YC CL room for 8/23-8/29 for me? I’m thinking about getting an AP. Thank you in advance. (If you need 2 adults and 2 children).
Just checked and it looks like it's not available on those dates at YC. :(

We're using a cc that gives you the fourth night free for any hotel stay, but you have to book 4 nights. So i can't break it up into 2 reservations without losing that perk, and a free night staying CL at a Disney resort is far more savings than adding the AP discount will get me! I was able to do the summer discount for the 4 nights, I think it was just the first night wasn't discounted and then the last 3 were, and it gave me the average per night over the stay as my nightly rate. (I think, or maybe I just assumed that, it's all running together now :rotfl:). I'll just have to call tonight and see.

Which CC allows a 4th night free ar any hotel? I have a Marriott that allows that perk for any Marriott brands but would love a CC that applied to any hotels! Would you mind elaborating?

Thanks!

Dani

Which CC allows a 4th night free ar any hotel? I have a Marriott that allows that perk for any Marriott brands but would love a CC that applied to any hotels! Would you mind elaborating?

Thanks!

Dani

The Citi Prestige Card. It gives fourth night free on any hotel reservation, pretty much any hotel. There are a few exceptions, like cruises, packages with inclusions like meals, tours, etc but for the most part any hotel. You have to book through their concierge, which is kind of a pain, but still easy (I just liked doing my own). They can get any discount you can get, they just have to be the one to book it. But the savings of 3 CL rooms more than compensated for the 45 min I spent on the phone with the concierge who was on the disney website seeing what I saw and the summer room offer, he just went through with the bookings. Now to check for the availability of changing to an AP rate I'll have to call them and have them check on making the change, but still not that difficult. You can also email them with the info and they will check on availability and get back to you, but I like to find out right then so i call and wait while they look into it. One thing is it is one night per hotel, hence our 3 way split for a 12 night stay. I would have preferred 6/6 BC/CR, or even 8BC/4CR, but for the added discount of a free night I went with 4/4/4. I've never even done a split stay before and honestly didn't want to (we usually stay 7-8 nights), so this will be different but we saved a ton so worth at least trying!

The card also gives included travel insurance, trip delay insurance, damage protection, doubles warranties, and will cover things like concert tickets even if you just lose them! I know someone who used the trip insurance during the hurricane in Florida in Sept (blanking on the name) and had no issues at all, they even managed to get reimbursed for a couple of things they didn't think they would be.

I can't remember a lot of the details, the cards big claim to fame is the 4th night complimentary hotel stay, plus you get $250 back in airline fees (including tickets) a year, they cover TSA precheck fees, and get you into some airline lounges. Google the card, there is all kinds of info on using the 4th night free by CC bloggers but it's been really easy so far and I know someone else who has had it a long time and loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter