Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Is there a standard order by island that the busses run? Trying to figure out best place to pick up/get off of the busses.

We don't mind the extra steps if it gets us out to the parks earlier and we enjoy the quiet ambiance of a stroll back to our room if it means getting off a crowded bus at the end of the evening.
If I recall from a couple weeks back there was the first stop around the Martinique area, with a few in between and the last was close to Aruba area. I would always get off at the Martinique stop and grab a pizza that we mobile ordered. Both times I did this I beat the rest of the family back to block 46 Jamaica via walking. It’s really not a long ride, the first day on a Tuesday we basically walked out of our block and waited for the early entry MK bus. There was a lot of people but there was a bus tailing the one we got on. It’s an awesome resort that’s for sure. Early morning walks are very peaceful as well.

Hello Everyone!!! :wave:

I was reading the last couple pages of this thread, which are very informative, but I still have a couple of questions.....

We are switching our vacation to what we currently have, which is over NYE, to 3/8 - 3/15 of 2025. We are currently staying at POFQ, but I'm starting to think we would be happier staying somewhere with the Skyliner.

I called Disney Reservations today and she told me to not get a Preferred room since it's not close to the Skyliner. My questions.....

*If I request the Jamaica section.....how long of a walk is it to the main building for us to get a quick bite for breakfast?

*I saw that each section has it's own drink station........does that drink station have coffee in the morning, or just soda? Also, what time is it available in the morning?

*Are there cast members that take guests back and forth to the main building via golf cart?

*We like to drive our car to many places......is the parking lot convenient and not a crazy long walk to your building/room?

*Are the 5th Sleeper sofa rooms a little bigger than the room with 2 queen beds? We may have my DD20's BF joining us, but we don't know yet.

Thank you in advance for reading this and answering my questions :flower3:

I was reading the last couple pages of this thread, which are very informative, but I still have a couple of questions.....

We are switching our vacation to what we currently have, which is over NYE, to 3/8 - 3/15 of 2025. We are currently staying at POFQ, but I'm starting to think we would be happier staying somewhere with the Skyliner.

I called Disney Reservations today and she told me to not get a Preferred room since it's not close to the Skyliner. My questions.....

*If I request the Jamaica section.....how long of a walk is it to the main building for us to get a quick bite for breakfast?
Depending on which Jamaica building, 3-6 minutes. We've stayed in Jamaica over 40 nights total and being the Disney geek I am, I always time our walk to the main area from each spot.
*I saw that each section has it's own drink station........does that drink station have coffee in the morning, or just soda? Also, what time is it available in the morning?
No coffee. Just soda, powerade, water, etc. Coffee is available in your room via the coffee maker as soon as you wake up. :) The food court starts serving it around 6-6:30.
*Are there cast members that take guests back and forth to the main building via golf cart?
No, but never thought it was needed. Nothing is THAT far to need that type of service.
*We like to drive our car to many places......is the parking lot convenient and not a crazy long walk to your building/room?
Very convenient.
*Are the 5th Sleeper sofa rooms a little bigger than the room with 2 queen beds? We may have my DD20's BF joining us, but we don't know yet.
No, all rooms are the same size. And they are the biggest Moderate rooms, 340 sq ft vs 314 sq ft.
You're welcome and hope you have a great trip. CBR is our favorite Moderate by far, I think you'll love it.

From our stay a month back, it was roughly a 10 minute walk from Jamaica block 46 to the main pool/ main resort area. It was a pleasant walk over the island.

The Drink station in Jamaica was just the soda machines, no coffee. The main food court served coffee anywhere from 0600 to 0630, and Spyglass Grill was serving right at 0630. I’m a runner so I took advantage of getting the coffee situations sorted out before kids and wife woke up.

Skyliner was a huge plus, we rebooked from May 2025 at the same resort.

Thank you for your replies to my questions :goodvibes

I have another question…..

If we stay in a preferred room, which is close to the main building, can we drive our car to the Jamaica parking lot to park close to the Skyliner? Is that allowed? I have bad knees (just found out yesterday that both need to be replaced) and a bad ankle (I’m a mess - LOL), and even though I work out, and in great shape, after walking 18,000+ steps my knees and ankle are on fire by the end of the day, so not walking all the way to our room would be good for me. Staying at a preferred room, that’s close to the main building is good for me too, so I don’t have to add a lot of walking before going to a park.

Thanks again for your time with answering my questions 🙂

Thank you for your replies to my questions :goodvibes

I have another question…..

If we stay in a preferred room, which is close to the main building, can we drive our car to the Jamaica parking lot to park close to the Skyliner? Is that allowed? I have bad knees (just found out yesterday that both need to be replaced) and a bad ankle (I’m a mess - LOL), and even though I work out, and in great shape, after walking 18,000+ steps my knees and ankle are on fire by the end of the day, so not walking all the way to our room would be good for me. Staying at a preferred room, that’s close to the main building is good for me too, so I don’t have to add a lot of walking before going to a park.

Thanks again for your time with answering my questions 🙂
I believe you can park in any lot as long as you are staying there

If you are in Jamaica or Aruba and travelling to a park that isn't on the Skyliner, is it better to wait at your local bus stop or walk to Centre town and get on the bus in the first stop?
Have read that sometimes the buses are full by the time they get round to Jamaica etc.
We will be going last weeks in August if that helps.
Thanks!

If you are in Jamaica or Aruba and travelling to a park that isn't on the Skyliner, is it better to wait at your local bus stop or walk to Centre town and get on the bus in the first stop?
Have read that sometimes the buses are full by the time they get round to Jamaica etc.
We will be going last weeks in August if that helps.
Thanks!
We always just head to the stop closest to our room. During the morning rush, they send 2 busses for MK and AK. One hits Jamaica, Aruba then heads to the park. The other hits the rest of the stops. We've never not gotten on the first bus that comes. We've seen/heard plenty of families that overthink it and screw themselves.

We spend six nights at CBR at the end of May (one of those weeks where it was 100 degrees! 🥵 I learned a lot from these pages so thought I'd pay it forward!
For reference, two years ago we stayed at POP, and last year we stayed at All Star Music (we went when skyliner was being refurbed).
I love all things tropical / tiki / beach themed, and the skyliner is great, so thought it would be great to try this resort!

General overview: HUGE. Unless you have three rest / resort days, don't think you are going all over this place. But, each area has it's own perk. So just decide what matters most to you and your family. Rooms were definitely noticeable bigger than Value. New flooring which was great. The rest of the room, IMO, was nothing special. Bathroom is dismal, I'm sorry. In the 2020's, having a shower curtain feels like the stone age to me, especially at a hotel. They are sticky and gross. Double sink was great though and liked the separate area you could close up doors.

There were two of us (me and teen son) and later my husband joined, so 3 max in the room for us . We did a standard room, double queen. We did not do the 5th sleeper. I booked using one of the great room only deals that I think was released around January. Online check in I marked first floor and near skyliner. Later via chat I asked for Jamaica 45 or 46. When we arrived, we were placed in Jamaica 41. At first I was a bit disappointed since I knew it would be a hike to main lobby. So, we actually never went there. If we were closer, would we have gone a few times? sure. But we ended up not needing to.
Our tiny fridge didn't seem very cold when we arrived. I put drinks in and the next day they were nice and nearly icy cold. So, no cooler issues for us.
Almost all outlets worked just fine for us. One seemed loose but there were many others to pick from. I did bring a little cube that you could plug in to an outlet and then power 4 USBs and that was nice.

I could see the main CBR skyliner hub from our hotel door. It was so convenient for our two Epcot and one HS days. That was important to me, and so I am happy with that location.

We got one refillable mug and used it enough to get our moneys' worth but not much more. Our building didn't have the refill station so we had to walk to building 43. Again, if we had one in our building I probably would have used it more. We did use it every single day to start our day by filling our stainless bottles with fresh ice water, so that was great.

We used the smaller Jamaica pool every day and it was great for us. There was always enough space to be separated from others playing and my son and I had space to toss a ball back and forth without crowding others. There was shade under table umbrellas. We could see glimpses of the Ecpot fireworks from that pool, although I know you could get a great view from across the water near the main lobby.

One day we hopped on the skyliner to Riviera and ate at Bar Riva. That was excellent!

On our check in day, our room was not ready at our early arrival. We ate a very good meal at Centertown and then left our bags with bell services to head to Disney Springs. That food court works different than Value, where you take a tray, get all your food like a cafeteria, and check out with all your stuff. Here, you order in one line, then get a buzzer. When your food is ready you get up and get it from the window. I think that worked fine, and maybe it made the food court seem a bit nicer and updated. Lots of seating inside but not a ton; we saw people looking for seats and it sure wasn't sprawling like a Value food court. When we returned later that evening, our small order of groceries had been delivered. Bell services drove us, our luggage and our groceries right to our room. It was wonderful. If your room is far and you are toting stuff, just ask for help.

We used a couple Lyfts and there is indeed a pick up right in Jamaica, and you can select buildings 41-43 so it was literally right in front of our room. Score!

Just a couple minute walk across the parking lot to the bus station.

We had pretty good luck with busses, for what they are. They seemed to arrive quickly at the resort, regardless of the time of day we were waiting. Getting a bus back to the resort was usually alright, waiting quite a bit at Disney Springs once. It seemed we had our own bus (or maybe shared with Aruba) on the way out. On the way back, however, we were 2nd to last stop and that was kind of a drag at the end of a day. But we survived.

The last day, we had a later flight. Decided to store luggage with bell services, lay at the pool, try to shower at the pool, and change for the airport. That worked alright. The main pool looked fun for younger kids but was a lot busier. Tons of seating all around. We got food from Banana Cabana and the food court and ate near the pool. The shower in the ladies room was tiny and you had to set your change of clothes actually outside of the shower, then reach out for them, which was awkward. But I made it work.

Overall impression: I really liked CBR and I would stay there again. It was beautiful theming, kept up nicely. Yes, it is big. If you want the convenience of ALL the amenities you will not get that here. But if you have one or two things that are important to you, you can get an ideal location for those things... but that location won't be ideal for something else. The skyliner is great if you plan to get to those resorts, or the boardwalk type area. The skyliner line after Epcot fireworks is long. Maybe 30 minutes? Longer? Be prepared or work around that. To be fair, the day we left MK, the line for the monorail was, gosh, I'm not sure, but looked like 84 hours long. Seriously. It was backed up almost to the walkway underneath the train station in MK. So, I would have been disappointed to pay 5x the cost for the "ease" of access to MK and then face a line like that.
I may try some other resorts in the future. I like Disney Springs and maybe one day I'll stay somewhere that has the boats. Might try the Swan one trip also. But in general this was a very good resort! Do not seek the "perfect" resort. Each has plusses and minuses. Just decide what is most important for you and your family!

We stayed at CBR for Thanksgiving Week 2021. We were in a preferred room in Martinique and loved it. We did not use any pool or fill up drinks but liked that we were close to the food court and after breakfast on our Epcot and HS days took the internal bus to the Skyliner station and on our MK and AK days got the park bus from the same bus stop right there.

Just spent 8 nights at CBR (first week of June with the heat index at 110!). This was our first time staying here as we had stayed at POR the past two trips.

We were in Trinidad 3604.

Positives:
-Blown away by the service. It was exceptional even by Disney standards. When we checked in I asked for a crib and bed rails (I always request at booking but they are never in the room) and by the time bell services had dropped us off they were both in the room already! Compare that to POR and it took over an hour to get a crib delivered.

Another example is the door handle on the sliding door that separates beds from the vanity area came right off when I first used it. I called and asked for it to be fixed and less then 5 minutes later a maintenance man was knocking on our door. Again this would have been well over an hour at POR.

-LOVED being so close to Riveria. We ate there more than Center Town Market! But the meals we did eat at CBR were quite tasty-especially the Cuban sandwich-and we felt their was more variety then POR and a lot lighter offered like a cold cut turkey sandwich.

-It sure was quiet over in Trinidad!

-Got the Little Mermaid 5th sleeper room and I LOVED the layout. There was SO MUCH storage! We had empty drawers there was so many! Over at POR there is a severe lack of storage space. Disney absolutely nailed it with this design. This is the one they should keep and implement property wide.

-Being able to see Epcot fireworks was awesome.

-We were about a 6 minute walk to the main Skyliner station. We made it from leaving the gates of HS at closing to our room in 20 minutes. It was amazing. Funny story about the Skyliner-all week I would fold the top part of our double BOB stroller down, push (roll) it to the gondola, then fold it the rest of the way and step in. My wife and kids would enter first and bump open the doors that extra inch or two on each door to make it easier for me to get in. Worked great. Then the very last day of our trip they wouldn’t let me do this. I had to fold it completely before stepping toward the gondola and I had to go in first. I was not happy. Made me wonder what moron ruined it for the rest of us.

Negatives:
-Everyone always raves about the pool. I mean sure it has 2 slides but we found the pool to be much too small for such a large resort especially compared to both PO properties.

-There is a severe lack of shade at CBR. It made the walk from Trinidad to the pool feel much longer when compared to the paths at POR that are almost entirely covered by trees.

-Trinidad feels like a world away. Yeah it’s quiet but it just felt detached from the rest of the resort. And it made a spontaneous trip to the playground or lobby impossible.

-Spyglass is nice but my daughter has a tree nut allergy. I went to order a tree nut safe breakfast item our second morning there and the CM said they couldn’t prepare it there that it would be prepared at Center Town then delivered to Spyglass. That is ridiculous. So we didn’t eat here but used it for pop, ice, and filtered water.

-Found the seating at Center Town to not be sufficient for such a large resort.

-The gift shop was much smaller then we are used to at POR

Overall:
Would we stay here again? Well I booked another 8 days for June 2025 on the bounce back offer. The Skyliner is just so convenient at this life stage for us (daughters 3 and 9 months). But I will plead, beg, and barter to not be in Trinidad again. It just wasn’t for us. I think being a little closer to the pool/lobby/playground will have a huge overall effect on our stay.

However, I think we prefer the feel of POR. The landscaping is beautiful. It feels more secluded and slower paced and relaxing when you aren’t in the parks.

I’m happy to answer any questions you may have!

Last edited:
BigHouseFootball Thank you for the great review! This is the first time I have read anyone with a food allergy attempting to order food at Spyglass. I have always wondered how/if they could handle allergies with it being a smaller dining venue. My DD23 has several food allergies so this solidifies my choice to ask for a location in Aruba near Riviera for our upcoming trip in January. Our priorities are being near the skyliner and a food venue.

We were actually targeting Trinidad for the specific fifth sleeper and access to the skyliner. Going in February and don't really care about the pools and our kids are picky eaters anyway so the food hall probably won't mean much. How far walking distance do you guys think it is to the playground?

We were actually targeting Trinidad for the specific fifth sleeper and access to the skyliner. Going in February and don't really care about the pools and our kids are picky eaters anyway so the food hall probably won't mean much. How far walking distance do you guys think it is to the playground?
That was our intent when we went, as well. And I can't even tell you how convenient Spyglass Grille is when you're in Trinidad. We didn't miss not having access to the lobby at all.

Where are outlets located in CBR rooms? We will need to charge an ECV, an AAC communication device, multiple magic bands, phones, iPad. If anyone is there right now, is there a power plug in the wall by the table and chairs? We have a standard, 5th sleeper accessible room.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter