Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So you do have to go to the customs house to check in for your flight and drop off your carryon luggage? I thought I had asked about that earlier and thought someone said that you could do that at the front desk at Old Port Royale? That does definitely add an inconvenience with 3 kids especially on checkout day. We're leaving Saturday. hoping for as little rain as possible lol.

The Airline Check In is only at The Custom House. We always have Bell Services come pick us and our luggage up and take us to The Custom House. That's always worked out great.

The Airline Check In is only at The Custom House. We always have Bell Services come pick us and our luggage up and take us to The Custom House. That's always worked out great.
Thanks for the quick reply...how long does it usually take for bell services to show up once u call?

Thanks for the quick reply...how long does it usually take for bell services to show up once u call?

You're welcome. I call the day/night before and give them a time. They have always been there right when I requested.

So you do have to go to the customs house to check in for your flight and drop off your carryon luggage? I thought I had asked about that earlier and thought someone said that you could do that at the front desk at Old Port Royale? That does definitely add an inconvenience with 3 kids especially on checkout day. We're leaving Saturday. hoping for as little rain as possible lol.

The airline check-in counter and the bell services kiosk are both located at Custom House. Nothing in the check-out literature provided under our door mentioned anything about those services being available at Old Port Royale.

On top of that, the airline check-in counter closes at 12 noon. In our case, we had a 1:25 Magical Express to the airport, so Bell Services said we should be there with our luggage no later than 11:30. Since we had too much luggage to tote ourselves, and with check-out at 11:00, they suggested a 10:30 luggage pickup. By 10:45 we were done with luggage and check-in, which was nice, but now we had to walk or shuttle back to OPR for a two-hour wait to walk/shuttle back to Custom House to leave. Some groups (adults-only; older kids) are better equipped for that kind of scenario than others (young kids).

I know some with resorts you are able to fax in requests a few days before you arrive. does CBR have that?

I am flying in at 7:30 pm. My bags should be to my room around 10:30? If they aren't there and we want to go to bed can they be held until the morning? We are packing some things in the carry on.

I am flying in at 7:30 pm. My bags should be to my room around 10:30? If they aren't there and we want to go to bed can they be held until the morning? We are packing some things in the carry on.

They advertise your bags should be in your room 3-4 hours after you check in/arrive at the resort. So if you land at 7:30 you should be there around 8:30. So your bags could be delivered 11:30-12:30. Might be earlier, but might not.

When you get to CBR you can request that they not be delivered until the next morning.

We have learned that any time we land after 6:30, we get our luggage ourselves.

They advertise your bags should be in your room 3-4 hours after you check in/arrive at the resort. So if you land at 7:30 you should be there around 8:30. So your bags could be delivered 11:30-12:30. Might be earlier, but might not.

When you get to CBR you can request that they not be delivered until the next morning.

We have learned that any time we land after 6:30, we get our luggage ourselves.
Would we call in the morning to get them delivered or give them a time when we ask for them to be held?
Thank you for all your knowledge!

EEK my trip is sooo close :tigger::tigger: Thanks by the way for the updated calendar. I was hoping we'd be able to join a campfire, but all our ADRs lucked out to be early ( :) ) but they overlap with the campfire times ( :( )

A couple quick thoughts/questions I've realized.

1) I swear somewhere in the piles of paperwork/emails I've received since booking (FD package) there was a note that we receive a free round of mini golf. Where are the mini golf courses from the resort and can we use the buses to get there?
2) I see in the Old Port Royale pics there is a line of toasters. We have a grocery order being delivered and it is mostly our breakfast foods. Is it okay to use those toasters for our bagels if we did not purchase there? Hubby wants to bring our toaster from home this time and I'd rather just walk over and toast them while I get coffees. The idea of 20hours of bread crumbs rolling in the van has me cringing.
3) Is there grab and go sushi in Old Port Royale? My littlest is determined to eat sushi on the trip, but not sure we will make it to the places that have it in parks so wondering if I can just get the grocery store style packs from the food court?
Please do not bring your toaster!!!
Cooking utensils are not allowed in the rooms r/t fire hazards, with good reason.
All the toasters at OPR are for any guest to use for any food, either from home or bought there...

I am definitely not an expert at CBR since this will only be our 2nd stay (first one in 1992 so I know it has changed a ton, not even a bridge across the lake back then) but from what I have read, it is about as close to cross the bridge from Jamaica or Aruba as it is if you are in Martinique in buildings 22,23 or 24 and closer from Trinidad North or Barbados. There is also a kids play area nestled on the island that the kids may love.
There are standard or water view rooms in every village but if you are booked preferred you would be in Martinique building 24,25 or 26 or in Trinidad North and those 6 buildings are closest to the main pool which I hear is amazing!

I think we just booked Standard. I wonder if I should just call and request a room near the main pool and hope for the best?

I think we just booked Standard. I wonder if I should just call and request a room near the main pool and hope for the best?

The closest locations to the Main Feature Pool and OPR are:

Jamaica 45
Aruba 51
Martinique 21, 22 and 23

All of those locations are a 4-5 minute walk at a very leisurely pace. Jamaica and Aruba would let you enjoy crossing the bridge which can be really beautiful in the AM with the sun rising over OPR.

I am considering staying here for Spring Break. Am I correct that if I book at Water View Room and request Martinique that I could possibly end up in one of the "preferred" Martinique buildings? Looking at Touring Plans room views, this seems correct.

I am considering staying here for Spring Break. Am I correct that if I book at Water View Room and request Martinique that I could possibly end up in one of the "preferred" Martinique buildings? Looking at Touring Plans room views, this seems correct.

Correct. There are Water View rooms in all of Trinidad North and in Martinique 24, 25, and 26. This is one of the times Touring Plans is accurate.

Just returned and in the shop of old port royale they still had lots of mugs with handles and different colours....
Thanks for the reply. Did you go into the store you mean and not near the registers in the food court area or did they have them there as well with handles?

The closest locations to the Main Feature Pool and OPR are:

Jamaica 45
Aruba 51
Martinique 21, 22 and 23

All of those locations are a 4-5 minute walk at a very leisurely pace. Jamaica and Aruba would let you enjoy crossing the bridge which can be really beautiful in the AM with the sun rising over OPR.

Thanks! Now we just need to book our flight home! Not that I really want to!

We're arriving in 5 weeks and have never stayed at this resort. We have a standard room booked and I'm going to request Jamaica or Aruba.

Are the lower level rooms very noisy as far as people walking by? I don't really want a lot of noisy stuff right outside our room, but I also don't really want to have to drag all of our stuff up and down the stairs.

Does anyone have pics of the bikes that they have for rent? We are taking a 5 yo who can ride, but only with training wheels.

We're arriving in 5 weeks and have never stayed at this resort. We have a standard room booked and I'm going to request Jamaica or Aruba.

Are the lower level rooms very noisy as far as people walking by? I don't really want a lot of noisy stuff right outside our room, but I also don't really want to have to drag all of our stuff up and down the stairs.

I realize having noisy guests around you will have an affect but as a whole, CBR has been the quietest WDW resort we have stayed at. By far. We've had both 1st and 2nd floor and have always felt like we're the only people in our building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter