Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

They will do just fine. There are a lot of people with a lot of money. People will love to post the pics that they are there.
I am thinking the cake slices can easily be shared and be more than enough.
It all depends on where you live, an egg breakfast is definitely that much around here at a nice restaurant.

Maryland Style Crab Cakes are $48 at Shula's at the Dolphin, and Shula's has been there a long time.

Yep! And thats all you get unless you decide to pay for a side, so another $13- $15. Just as you do for their $70+ steaks. And yet Shula’s is recommended all the time. I guess since there’s the sports tie in, that makes it better than a place with a different theme. :sad2:

Have you guys checked some of the price's around Crescent Lake lately? Here are some quick examples.

Yachtsman Steakhouse Chocolate cake is $17 for a slice.

Cheeseburger at Ale and Compass is $23.

Maryland Style Crab Cakes are $48 at Shula's at the Dolphin, and Shula's has been there a long time.

Dave
I think Shula's is more of a destination restaurant for special occasions or for people there for conventions. It also has name recognition from their other locations. I've never eaten there and most likely never will. I don't think the Cake Bake Shop will be a destination for people and therefore I doubt it will last, especially at those prices. Just my opinion and I've been proven wrong many times!!

I could see us grabbing a slice of cake to take back to the room, since we will be staying at BWV in December. I do like cake. We do tend to splurge on vacation, especially with food, since I try to eat healthy at home. We rarely buy dessert at home, even when we eat out, unless it’s a special occasion. I will keep an open mind, and wallet, until I try it🤣

I don’t think Disney cares if it does well or not. As long as they are paying rent, Disney is getting what it wants.

Blog Mickey also discussing pricing at CBS…

Recipe for Disaster? Exorbitant Menu Prices, 40% Cake Slice Markups Revealed for The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk

While the exterior of the shop has been on display for years now, the menu hasn’t, and perhaps for good reason. The prices are exorbitant and have come as a shock to many. Not only are the prices out of alignment with what you’d expect from an already-expensive Walt Disney World restaurant experience, but they’re also out of alignment with other Cake Bake Shop locations.

Markups are not uncommon for third-party restaurants, but throwing significant markups on top of the already-high Cake Bake Shop prices at non-Disney venues could be a recipe for disaster.

The Charcuterie board is $10 more expensive than other Cake Bake Shop locations. The Pesto Burrata is $6 more expensive. The quiches are $10 more expensive. The sandwiches are $5-$8 more expensive. Even the peanut butter and jelly off of the children’s menu enjoys a 40% markup at Walt Disney World.

The list goes on and on. Gwendolyn’s Famous Earl’s Court Chocolate Cake will set you back $26 – a more than 50% increase versus her other locations. A lemon bar is $16 at Walt Disney World – nearly double the asking price at other Cake Bake Shop venues. Even Coca-Cola will make you search your wallet for a $10 bill. Insanity. Here’s a look at the two menus for The Cake Bake Shop, one for the restaurant and one for the bakery.

The crazy prices don’t stop at the restaurant, either. Next door at the bakery, cake slices are marked up more than 40% versus other Cake Bake Shop locations.

Disney choosing to go with The Cake Bake Shop concept remains a confusing one, and the prices certainly don’t help at all, but more on that in a separate article.

Click link for full article and pics.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest