Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

That's great to know. I actually booked the deluxe club level for last week in January. I've never stayed in that category at the BWI....didn't want to spend the money:). Lucky you to be upgraded to that level! They say the 3rd floor rooms have bigger balconies but the 4th floor is where the goodies are. I requested the 4th floor anyway....did you by chance take any pictures of the room or from the room, looking out over the boardwalk?
I did but I am technology challenged. ;) Message me if you want me to send them to you.

Aloha, @WDWKOOK , please adjust my dates! i just got my wishlist of AKL CL for March 10-12, so we'll only be at BWV from March 1-5 then again March 7-10. Thanks!

Happy your wait list came through:). Mahalo!

So does anyone have any idea when the painting/construction is supposed to be completed by?

Sorry, we (I) don't.

Hello, everyone! Sitting at the airport now with a delayed flight. Just spent 6 nights in a deluxe club level room at the Boardwalk and had a spectacular time. We booked a standard club level room and were upgraded to a deluxe club level room. The room number was 4257, I had the same room 5 years ago and completely love it. The staff was amazing, Lorenzo in the lounge was particularly a stand-out. Last night, we were treated to a magical fireworks display out over the lake that we could watch from our balcony, it was amazing and a nice way to end our vacation. We ate at Trattoria al Forno and loved it. Finally some good Italian at Disney! Overall, I would give our Boardwalk experience a 10 out of 10, there is a reason it is my favorite resort. <3

Thanks for reporting about your stay and I hope you get to return soon to your favorite resort.

Thanks Dave006 - your information is very helpful and informative!!

WDWKOOK - would you mind adding our dates?! We will be back home April 23 thru May 6. But I don't want to discuss our leave date...

Consider it done!

We are a family of 5 with 14, 12, & 7 year olds. We have stayed at CBR our last 2 trips but looking to try a Studio BW Villa as rental points fit our budget. How do the studios compare to a CBR room? Also, how long is the walk to Epcot & HS?
Thanks!

We are a family of 5 with 14, 12, & 7 year olds. We have stayed at CBR our last 2 trips but looking to try a Studio BW Villa as rental points fit our budget. How do the studios compare to a CBR room? Also, how long is the walk to Epcot & HS?
Thanks!
The studio is larger than the CBR rooms but the layout is slightly different. Not sure how much space is taken up by the entry, kitchenette, bath, etc vs the actual sleeping/living space. You will have a kitchenette (extra sink, microwave, toaster, and full size coffee pot) instead of just a fridge and pod coffee maker. You also will have a balcony or patio which is a nice feature. Keep in mind though you will lose the second real bed in place of a sofa bed which is a full size pullout not a queen. The walk to Epcot I think is about 10-15 min depending on how fast you walk and where you villa is located. DHS is probably 15-20 depending on the same factors.
Renting DVC points can be challenging at certain times of the year. Typically if you want a studio @ BWV from late sept to early Jan you need to rent from an owner with BWV as their home resort. Even then you may have to budget for pool/garden view as standard view can book up at exactly 11 months for F&W and early Dec. If you are looking to book the rest of the year you can often get a studio at 7 months so you could book with a non BWV owner to save some money. Again though you may not be able to obtain a standard view at 7 months though so you should be considering the cost based on a pool/garden view not standard.

The studio is larger than the CBR rooms but the layout is slightly different. Not sure how much space is taken up by the entry, kitchenette, bath, etc vs the actual sleeping/living space. You will have a kitchenette (extra sink, microwave, toaster, and full size coffee pot) instead of just a fridge and pod coffee maker. You also will have a balcony or patio which is a nice feature. Keep in mind though you will lose the second real bed in place of a sofa bed which is a full size pullout not a queen. The walk to Epcot I think is about 10-15 min depending on how fast you walk and where you villa is located. DHS is probably 15-20 depending on the same factors.
Renting DVC points can be challenging at certain times of the year. Typically if you want a studio @ BWV from late sept to early Jan you need to rent from an owner with BWV as their home resort. Even then you may have to budget for pool/garden view as standard view can book up at exactly 11 months for F&W and early Dec. If you are looking to book the rest of the year you can often get a studio at 7 months so you could book with a non BWV owner to save some money. Again though you may not be able to obtain a standard view at 7 months though so you should be considering the cost based on a pool/garden view not standard.
I did want to add that you will have the murphy bed which functions as a twin bed. So, King bed, full size pullout, and murphy bed. GOOD LUCK with your decisions. :goodvibes::yes::

Does the BWV offer bedrails? I know they have the pack and plays, just didn't know if they offered these as well?

I assume so. I believe all Disney resorts have bed rails avail as we have used them at other resorts. I have never tried to use them on a Murphy bed or a sofa bed though so I can't comment on how well they work with those sleeping areas. I think they can be used because my sister used them on the daybed at the contemporary which would be similar.

Dh and I just got back and we stayed in a studio and it was perfect for us. I have 3 kids a little older than yours and I think it would be way too cramped. You would need to use the sofa bed and the murphy bed so when they are pulled out you wouldnt have any room in there to move around. The table is attached to the murphy bed so if someone is laying on it, you have no table, except the coffee table. The Tv is right above the murphy too so if someone was trying to sleep it may be difficult. It could work if you all go to bed and wake up at the same time. I get up early and need my coffee on the balcony while everyone is asleep. Plus I have night owls that need tv, and tables and space at night.

Our walk was about 10 minutes, but the Frienship boats are 4 minutes.

Thanks!

You already have some good responses, so I'll just add this. We stayed at All Stars and Pop first four trips with 3 & 1 year old, we stayed at CBR Port Royale on upgrade, and liked it so much we bought DVC.

CBR was wonderful, but BWV just takes it over the top. We now have a 14 & 12 year old dds, and they either share the sofa bed and this year, one slept on Murphy bed. I've slept on sofa beds in past when they were fighting with each other, and they are super comfortable.

The walk to DHS is about 10 minutes longer than the walk to Epcot. If you exit the villa side and cut thru by the quiet pool, it will shorten that walk.

We have a waterview booked at BWI in Nov. What should we request in online check in? Would a king bed guarantee us that the water view is Crescent Lake? Better for upper floors? Never stayed here before and looking forward to enjoying it with my husband

The Murphy bed is smaller than twin sized. Shorter and narrower. More like bunk size.

I assume so. I believe all Disney resorts have bed rails avail as we have used them at other resorts. I have never tried to use them on a Murphy bed or a sofa bed though so I can't comment on how well they work with those sleeping areas. I think they can be used because my sister used them on the daybed at the contemporary which would be similar.
The daybeds are not similar to the Murphy beds. I wouldn't count on the bed rails working on the Murphy bed. And they don't work well with the sleeper sofas.

Does the BWV offer bedrails? I know they have the pack and plays, just didn't know if they offered these as well?

If bedrails are not an option, google blow up rails. I've used blow ups for kids multiple times. They slip under the fitted sheet. Or if you're driving, use noodles!!

Just returned from BWI and I have to add that IMO everyone should be glad that they are doing the improvements. Our room, 5293, was a standard view of the entrance with a giant tree in front of the (uncovered) balcony. There was mildew on both of the balcony covers on each side of us and some mildew and weeds growing on our balcony and walls. This all really needs to be fixed for everyones FUTURE enjoyment.

There was one big PLUS with room 5293: It has a GREAT view of the DHS fireworks over that giant tree at night.:)

Just returned from BWI and I have to add that IMO everyone should be glad that they are doing the improvements. Our room, 5293, was a standard view of the entrance with a giant tree in front of the (uncovered) balcony. There was mildew on both of the balcony covers on each side of us and some mildew and weeds growing on our balcony and walls. This all really needs to be fixed for everyones FUTURE enjoyment.

There was one big PLUS with room 5293: It has a GREAT view of the DHS fireworks over that giant tree at night.:)

we also had mold and mildew on our balcony, plus some rusty leaky pipes.

I will be at BWV Nov. 14-19! Does the pool have lifejackets or floaties for kids? We are flying and I am trying to pack up the whole house! :D Thanks!

Are the renovations going on on both sides? It looks like the BWV rooms have been updated recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter