Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Just finished a stay at aoa - loved it! Stayed in a cars suite and it was great. Choose the top
floor, if you can. The rapid refill mugs are there, but coffee is not RFID. We rented a car because
of posts saying that transportation was slow. We found out quickly that a car wasn't necessary and busses were quick and plentiful. Will definitely stay there again!

I, actually, would love to stay in a suite! But when I priced them, we could get 2 rooms at POFQ for less, and I still have an issue with paying that much for a room where only 2 of the 6 of us have a real bed. The kitchenette area would be awesome, though. The, of course, there's my DD17 who's the celebrant this trip (her hs graduation), who is a total Ariel freak :P I told her if we stay in the Ariel bldg, we`ll have the longest walk possible to the food court and busses, but she just looked at the map, the pics of the resort, shook her head, and said "I don't care, it's Ariel!"!!

Just to help your daughter's case, I'll say that compared to the suites, the LM rooms are a longer walk to the main building than the suites, but I think the map makes it look worse than it is. And to help put the distance in perspective:

1. If you are in the most far-flung LM room, it is about 1/3 of a mile (a little under 600 yards) to Landscape of Flavors and the bus stops.

2. At Magic Kingdom, it is about 1/3 of a mile from where the bus will drop you off to the hub in front of the castle.

3. At Epcot, it is about 1/3 of a mile from where the bus will drop you off to the back side of Spaceship Earth.

Keep in mind that the distance I used is the worst case scenario. If you were in the closest room in the LM section to the main building, you'd have about 1/5 of a mile walk (300 yards). The farthest rooms at POFQ will put you at about a 1/4 mile walk to the main building/bus stops.

And as far as the beds in the suites, while the sofa bed and murphy bed may not be "real" beds, they are equally as comfortable and they are the same size as a standard double/full-sized bed. They have thick mattresses -- nothing like the typical sofa bad.

Just got back from an incredible stay at AOA in the LM room, we were in the very last building and it was not that bad!! We loved the whole resort!! Staff was great. We will definitely stay again next trip.

Great info folks!! We leave in two weeks and staying at AoA cars suite. Buses are plenty and timely from what I've heard and the kids will love the decor.. can't wait!

Thanks for all the good words about the far-flung LM rooms! I agree, the kids are gonna freak over the decor. From the pics I have seen it is amazing! As far as the distance goes...we live in the back of a gated community, so the kids have almost half a mile walk to their busstop everyday. I think they will be fine, its us old folks I am worried about :P!

I am thinking of decorating my window for xmas. What is the size of the windows in little mermaid room?

Just back from a 4 night stay in LM room! It was wonderful, we loved the resort and staff was so friendly and knowledgeable.

The walk was not bad at all... We were anticipating a much longer walk but it was very easy. I think we had it down to 5 minutes to main building/buses by the end of the trip, if that. It took a little longer when we first arrived because we were so enchanted by the walk! It is really beautifully themed!

I have stayed in many Disney resorts, we usually stay at Beach Club, but wanted to try this one. I expected to have little to no space but it's quite roomy and comfortable here! I was so impressed.

The buses were also really great. The only one that was slow (as it is everywhere) was DTD. We hopped on a POP bus and walked across Hourglass Lake. Easy!

We ate at Landscape of Flavors a couple of times. I didn't find it too crowded when we were there. Mornings were the most crowded.

We had Magic Bands, had absolutely no problems with these and loved them!

I wish I were back there right now

We're planning on booking a LM room for a short stay in April, what building would be most recommended of the three or is there not much difference between them?

We're planning on booking a LM room for a short stay in April, what building would be most recommended of the three or is there not much difference between them?

Distance-wise there probably isn't much difference. Building 7 will have a view of the lake and 9 is closer to the parking lot if you have a car.

Distance-wise there probably isn't much difference. Building 7 will have a view of the lake and 9 is closer to the parking lot if you have a car.

Thanks :thumbsup2 we're driving down so 9 will probably be best for us. Excited to stay at the AoA, we stopped by there when we visited in May.

Thanks :thumbsup2 we're driving down so 9 will probably be best for us. Excited to stay at the AoA, we stopped by there when we visited in May.

Looks like asking for Bldg 9 in the wing closest to Lion King will put you very close to the parking lot and to the Lobby!

I'm a planner; we have a reservation in a LK room for September 2014. If I call and request building 10 with a parking lot view will the request be put in? When I booked online I didn't have the option.

I'm a planner; we have a reservation in a LK room for September 2014. If I call and request building 10 with a parking lot view will the request be put in? When I booked online I didn't have the option.

Calling and having it added to your reservation is the best way. Then, double check when you arrive.

Does anyone know what the av inputs are for the tv in the AOA suites. I saw a picture of the inputs behind that flip down door under the tv but the picture resolution was low. I could see RCA red white yellow jacks but the rest are blurry. Is one an hdmi?

LGTD said:
Does anyone know what the av inputs are for the tv in the AOA suites. I saw a picture of the inputs behind that flip down door under the tv but the picture resolution was low. I could see RCA red white yellow jacks but the rest are blurry. Is one an hdmi?

There is an HDMI.

Hello, I have Animal Kingdom Lodge booked, but because of cost we are thinking of switching to a value resort. We are leaning towards The Art of Animation. We have 5 in our party, so I can either book 2 little mermaid rooms or 1 suite. The difference it about $355.00 more to all stay together in a suite. I don't know a whole lot about AOA, but read previous posts here that the LM room can be quite farther from the bus stops/lobby. We are taveling with my mother in law who is disabled & can only handle short walks. However we are renting a scooter for her to use. I was wondering if it would be better to spend the extra money for the suite over 2 LM rooms? Considering we can all do the extra walk, & she will be okay with a scooter. Are there any other big differences, that would make you lean more to the suites & spend the extra money?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter