Disneyland Resort Express

JanetRose said:
Has anyone used? Good experience?

I had an awesome experience in October. If I remember right, the buses leave LAX on the hour and we managed to only wait about 5 mins for our bus. On the return from the airport, our bus didn't come. So, I called their dispatch manager and he arranged for an empty bus to take us directly to the airport. The bus drivers were both very nice and the drive was easy.

Their website is very good with a schedule and all the details. There used to be a coupon too. www.airportbus.com

Have used them in the past. I wouldnt say the experience was bad, but given other options its not my first choice.

Out of LAX its a pretty good choice. It does take time, as they drop off at many hotels- that combined with the drive time- you get the picture. Then going back to the hotel they pick up and take you to a staging area to divide by airport and put you back on the bus. If your hotel is at the beging of the pick up or end of the drop of schedule your on the bus longer then I care to be! The only time I've flown in to LAX was a mistake by the travel agent. I try everything to avoid flights there.

From SNA (orange county) it would be better to use Super Shuttle or take a cab.

I like the Disneyland Express. It used to just be called the Airport bus. I've used them on many occasions. If you are staying at one of the 3 Disney Hotels, you are the first stops. There was a coupon on their website for $5 off roundtrip (not sure if it is still there). Depending on the time of day, they pick up every 30 minutes or every hour. I've been happy with their service and would use them again.

I just used the service in January and it wasn't the most magical experience in the world. I'm used to DME at WDW, which is outstanding.

After arriving at LAX on December 29, we were told to go to the bus stop and the bus would arrive on the half hour. It pulled up within 5 minutes on schedule, and my sister and I moved toward the curb and waved at the driver. He did not even stop and drove right on by - even though we were waving at him the whole time and walked right up to him to grab the bus!

We were told before leaving the airport that it would come and the driver would come out and see if anyone was going to DL. That would have been nice, but stopping would have been better! We called and they actually sent the bus back, which was very nice of them. We waited about another 15 minutes for him to come back (and it was definitely the same driver).

The driver on the way back to LAX was very personable and it was a very nice experience.

So, I guess I'm in the middle. Good luck. I still think it's better than Super Shuttle.

We used it a few weeks ago and it was great, but we were staying at the DLH so all the buses stop there first. We didn't have to transfer or anythingl. Last year we used at shuttle and it seem about the same, just no car seat, since I have a 5 year old, we didn't have to take a car seat as we did with the shuttle......

What is the bus like? Are there movies and restrooms? There are 4 of us so it almost seems cheaper to rent a car for the day than to take the bus but if there is entertainment it may change our minds.

TIA

K in SA

:wave: hi there, we are travelling down in may and am trying to decide on express or primetime shuttle...there is 5 in my family, so for us to get a private van thru primetime is about 25 dollars more than the express, which i am thinking sounds good as it would be just us and our luggage and no other stops...i still have yet to book them, i keep reading what others say about the disney express
sharon

I went to airportbus.com, that show Gray Line and Coach USA logos, and advertise Disneyland Express. Which of these names appear on the outside of the bus? Could it be any of these logos?

I would hope they would be labeled with Disneyland Express, but I want to make sure I recognize the bus if I see it. I also assume the stop itself at the airport terminal is labeled for Disneyland Express.

Did you reserve this before hand or is it just as easy to buy your shuttle tickets when you get there?

Thanks for your help!

PS Thanks for the coupon tip. It is only for $3.00 but, I have already printed it out. I can use that 3 bucks for a Mickey ice cream....or something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter