Disneyland quiety revoking Annual Passes of Guests who Buy and Resell Souvenirs - OC Register

Cool, I cant take a 12 hour flight e everytime I want to buy something....

Look at it from this angle: you took that 12 hour flight and something you were expecting to be able to purchase yourself at cost is sold out because of resellers purchasing in mass quantities.

I only live a 6-8 hour drive away. Yes, I get disappointed when I can't get something (I was furious how many resellers bought and sold the AP alien popcorn refill buckets). While it's not nearly as far, I still can't go on a whim and I've missed out on a lot. But I also know that if I buy things from resellers, I help create a market that will hurt me and others.

Plus the whole fact those people are violating their terms and conditions of their APs. If they want to be resellers, then they can just buy regular tickets which don't have the same restriction as APs (unless someone can find me the exact quote proving they do).

Look at it from this angle: you took that 12 hour flight and something you were expecting to be able to purchase yourself at cost is sold out because of resellers purchasing in mass quantities.

I only live a 6-8 hour drive away. Yes, I get disappointed when I can't get something (I was furious how many resellers bought and sold the AP alien popcorn refill buckets). While it's not nearly as far, I still can't go on a whim and I've missed out on a lot. But I also know that if I buy things from resellers, I help create a market that will hurt me and others.

Plus the whole fact those people are violating their terms and conditions of their APs. If they want to be resellers, then they can just buy regular tickets which don't have the same restriction as APs (unless someone can find me the exact quote proving they do).

How do they even know who bought the regular tickets?

Still don't get it. Not drinking in the pic and there's no alcohol to be seen... I presume you mean because I was with Paul Stanley?
Sorry, you are taking it way more seriously than I meant it. I was just joking around. It sounds like you make some healthy choices against substance/alcohol and that is a good thing.

:wizard:

I guess a separate topic maybe , but I am always curious about merch from other global disney parks and how they're different from usa. How does one purchase those if there's no means other then going to asia or europe or aulani? I would love to buy or even browse for these different types of products only they sell but have no idea how to do it, where to do it, why doesn't disney offer this option too?
Also, my dd was in disney on the 90th. She wanted more then a button (which she did get for free). everything was gone. she was in the parks. Everything was gone even the friday before she went due to ap issue. She's just one person, 21, enjoying the 90th and wanted an item for herself. Not too much to ask.

... Also, my dd was in disney on the 90th. She wanted more then a button (which she did get for free). everything was gone. she was in the parks. Everything was gone even the friday before she went due to ap issue. She's just one person, 21, enjoying the 90th and wanted an item for herself. Not too much to ask.
I agree that it isn't too much to ask, but what 90th merchandise was your DD wanting to buy? We had posts here throughout the day on Mickey's 90th reporting that although the lines were LONG in the morning, there was merchandise (like the sippers) still available later in the day at various locations. The stuffed Mickey dolls were available a few days later in WOD (not for long, but they were seen). I know the non-limited pins were available after the limited ones sold out because a CM helped me locate one on Saturday, the 17th. Tees and stuffed Mickeys were still easily available on the 17th. I'm sad that your DD wasn't able to find what she wanted, but next time (if there is one) have her check this forum for help before giving up. Just because a CM or someone else reports that an item is sold out doesn't mean that someone here can't help you find it!

Last edited:

Sorry, you are taking it way more seriously than I meant it. I was just joking around. It sounds like you make some healthy choices against substance/alcohol and that is a good thing.
No worries -- sorry. I just wasn't reading it with the right eyes. I think I was writing and focused when I read that so sometimes it's hard to step outside of that zone.

I'm only a 20-30 minute drive away and I still agree with this. Resellers have made items that are supposed to last for days into one day exclusives and they're not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts so that someone who couldn't be in the parks gets a fair shot at the merchandise.

I get it, it sucks that not everyone can make a trip to be there for exclusive merchandise but that's kind of the whole point of something being "in park only" or "limited quantity". The intent is to drive people into the parks and create more revenue for Disney, we can shame them all we want for not catering to everyone's needs but at the end of the day Disney is a business who is going to follow standard business practices to entice people to visit.

Also Disney is revoking passes of people who are using their discount for "commercial gain" this isn't targeting the people who buy gifts using the discount or getting the occasional item for friends/family at a discount. It's to eliminate the people who have a "business" buying a reselling ANY Disney merchandise not just exclusive items.

I wish Disney would crack down like this at WDW. Remember just a couple of months ago when a lot of people were upset that much of the Food and Wine festival merchandise was gone very early in the festival?

For Mickey's 90th birthday, I flew down to WDW from Maryland for one day only - Saturday, to do two specific things - celebrate Mickey's birthday with my daughter and buy some 90th Birthday merchandise - for personal use and enjoyment.

I'm not saying that everything was gone but I sure didn't find it. I herd from several sources that everything sold out by 11:00AM on Friday at the AP holders exclusive shopping event. All I found was the the plush Mickey with the birthday hat. there were two people it he store, each with armloads of them - ten apiece. One of the women was loudly explaining to everyone (none of whom asked or cared) that she was buying them for Christmas gifts for nieces and nephews. ********. We all know they were for ebay where they were selling for double the price already. In fact, some of the ebay ads were listed ahead of the release of the plush.

I'm sorry but I believe that people who actually go all the way to the park should at least have a chance at getting the merchandise.

Last edited by a moderator:
My flights from the UK are 9 hours long and because of the times I wouldn't be able to do that!

It's a little over 2 hours flight time for me (fortunately my city has non-stop flights to orlando) - There was a $20 knick knack that I've been collecting every Christmas that they didn't used to sell online and I've been fortunate to have been able to travel to Disney for the holidays for a vacation for the last 3 years. This year I had no plans at all and was speculating on doing the red-eye (for an extra $250!) but I've also let my AP lapse so I'd have to cough up $100 for the park too - or $350 for a $20 knick knack - and I just couldn't justify that! :) (Woulda been stupid fun though!)

There was a $20 knick knack that I've been collecting every Christmas that they didn't used to sell online...

I’ll be at DL tomorrow. I’d he happy to get the item for you, if you like. DL offers a shipping service for around $5. You may DM me if you’d like my help.

So Disney should kick out all the youtubers? They make money of those videos.
I do believe that yes, all the youtubers, vloggers and our very own DIS team technically run afowl of the stated rules. I've heard youtubers point out before that technically it violates the terms, but Disney just currently decides not to crack down on it.

I do believe that yes, all the youtubers, vloggers and our very own DIS team technically run afowl of the stated rules. I've heard youtubers point out before that technically it violates the terms, but Disney just currently decides not to crack down on it.

The difference probably is that those are more likely to drive traffic to the parks. It's essentially free advertising for Disney.

Where as resellers are causing ire with other guests at the parks (due to lack of some items) and potentially costing Disney ticket revenue.

I’ll be at DL tomorrow. I’d he happy to get the item for you, if you like. DL offers a shipping service for around $5. You may DM me if you’d like my help.

Just a reminder that there are no monetary transactions allowed on the disboards. Items picked up for free would be an extremely generous offer.

Just a note that the DIS team actually works with Disney on some of those vlogs/videos, and wouldn't do them if it were not allowed. They are pretty careful about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts