Disneyland OR California Adventure for teens

Pinboys

<font color=red>Can drink Ice Station Cool dry
I am coming with 26 teenagers, 13-18 years of age the last week in July. Looking for opinions from all you good people. If we could only do one park, DL or CA, which one and why? :confused3

I hope you're not going alone with all these kids! :0 My vote is for DL but YMMV. I say DL because:

1 - it's the original

2 - great teen rides ie.. Space Mtn, BTMRR, Splash Mtn, Indy, Haunted
Mansion.

3- Teens are still kids and it's okay to be a kid sometimes. I think DL is the
best place to do this.

4- They'll tire of CA very quickly imo.

Why not get hopper passes and let them do both if possible?

Thanks Pir8girl. Nope :thumbsup2 there will be 5 other adults coming along too. We were thinking of doing a park hopper for our one day there, but we won't be able to get into a park until around 1:00 in the afternoon on the last Friday of July. Thus, it doesn't look to be enough time to do both.....that is why I so want the opinions of this board since no one in our group of 32 have been to DL or CA. We figure we will have from around 1:00 until closing which it looks to be around midnight.

Defintly DL, just more teen oreinted,ride wise.Of course i'm prejudise b/c DCA did'nt exist when i was a teen.(100) years ago.Have a great and safe trip. :thumbsup2

While I like both parks, Disneyland is much better than California Adventure. There is A LOT to do at Disneyland, which I unfortunately cannot say for California Adventure. If you have the time, visit both parks. But if you must choose one, definitely choose Disneyland.

You are already going to miss the best time for visiting rides: the morning. You won't even have time to see all of Disneyland so there is no point in getting parkhoppers. California Adventure only has about three or four things that teens would really enjoy, so definitely go for Disneyland. Get fastpasses as soon as you get there for Space Mountain; that will be the most popular ride and you can come back anytime after your return time and ride with very little wait.

I'd actually have to disagree with everyone else - :worried: - and recommend you take them to DCA. The first time I visited the DLR (in 2004) I turned 18 and I prefer DCA to Dl - DCA is actually in my top three of all Disney theme parks (I've been to the DLR, WDW and DLRP). Although Dl has some great rides for teens (primarily the Mountains and Indy), the few rides DCA does have will appeal more to teens - IMO.

They'll LOVE ToT, Screamin' and GRR. Soarin' is a sure fire hit with pretty much everyone and for the more adventurous ones (if one goes on they'll all go on though - that's always the way it seems to work - and if they do they'll be glad they did - the views are AMAZING!!!) there's the Maliboomer. Then you've got a few other attractions you could consider. That being said and taking into consideration you'll only be there from 1PM onwards, I think DCA is the park for you. :thumbsup2

Be sure to let us know which park you choose and how you enjoy it. ;)

Based on my daughter (who was 14 on the first visit and 15 on the second visit and will be 17 when we go this year), she prefers California Adventure to Disneyland. She loves TOT, California Screamin, Soarin and Mulholland Madness, but she says she prefers the atmosphere in CA.
I know all teenagers are different, but this is just the opinion of one.
Love Ella

WOW! Great stuff from everyone. Let me through another piece of information. This group of teens lives fairly close to two major Theme Parks with your 85+ mph roller coasters...Cedar Point and Paramounts Kings Island (which we go to as a group at least once a year). Now, with that being said, I don't see California Screamin' coming close to the coasters at Cedar Point or Kings Island. Maybe I'll have to cheer on DL cause so far, it looks to be getting the most votes. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

My son is 14 and LOVES Disneyland!! I would recommend Disneyland because there is more for them to do. My son always says that although Knotts and Magic Mountain are great for extreme rides, it's always fun going to Disneyland not only for the rides but for the great atmosphere!

Good luck!!
Have fun!!

I was going to say DCA for the exciting rides that appeal to teens until you mentioned that they're used to exciting thrill rides. I'd say you definitely won't have time for both. Therefore, I'd say Disneyland because it has more rides that are uniquely different from other amusement parks. I don't know other amusement parks well, but as far as I know, there's nothing like Indiana Jones, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain. Also, even teens can get very excited to walk down Main Street and see the castle for the first time! Disneyland has the true Disney spirit that's not found so much at DCA.

Yikes, it's likely to be very crowded on a Friday afternoon/evening in July. If you can possibly get there any earlier, make it happen! You'll have a great time though--enjoy!

My opinion is that DCA is more geared twards little kids and the beach lovers. it is more of a beach peir theme, I think DL is way better for a few reasons:

1. It's the original
2. They have everything decked out for the 50th.. i mean hello! it's a once in a lifetime opp to see the 50th stuff :)
3. The parades are awesome, and as are the fireworks ;)

DISNEYLAND ROCKS:);)

I have found that Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday's are THE best days to go, Tuesdays especially! most of the rides are walk-ons.. and sometimes Space Mtn is a 5 min wait.. the 5 minutes is that long walk to the top to getinto the building! lol :)

I lovd DL over DCA. It has more to do, and even though there are more thrill type rides that may appeal to teens. DL was the first park, it is bigger, more of a selection and there are the major mountains there and i think that it will be better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter