Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2025

That’s a good question. The only thing I can figure is that since we went through the dashboard of the webpage and had special invites. And not through a link on the page. Is that we were on a different server?
I noticed while all of this was happening - the registration site seemed to be functioning just fine. I had a link to the registration page for one of the Virtual Races in my browser history (I'd looked at it earlier this morning), and that page seemed to load like normal. (I didn't try to register, but it acted like it would have worked if I had.)

My first guess was a problem with queue integration. But, either way, there was definitely some kind of communication issue between the two sites.

(I kept wondering if someone might have had the event IDs for the races from registering last week - if it might have worked this morning.)

I noticed while all of this was happening - the registration site seemed to be functioning just fine. I had a link to the registration page for one of the Virtual Races in my browser history (I'd looked at it earlier this morning), and that page seemed to load like normal. (I didn't try to register, but it acted like it would have worked if I had.)

My first guess was a problem with queue integration. But, either way, there was definitely some kind of communication issue between the two sites.

(I kept wondering if someone might have had the event IDs for the races from registering last week - if it might have worked this morning.)
Yeah my guess right now is they generated unique ids with limited info for legacies and cRD people. So it worked fine for us since we had only one or two spots but when scaled up it failed

The Club registrations were from our rD profile page and the link(s) went directly to the page to choose your race and register, so no queues and no queue IDs were involved.

How do they not have a new date yet?
I mean this isn’t fully applicable but when they paused OBB sales last year. They said check back on the 6th. A week after the presale was supposed to start. And then gave a date of the 11th.

Point overall I’m trying to make is that they might need a few days to sort out and pick a date.

Also to be honest I would rather have them sort it out and have it completely fixed and ready to go this next time. Then have them rush think it’s ready and then have to postpone again.

Also to be honest I would rather have them sort it out and have it completely fixed and ready to go this next time. Then have them rush think it’s ready and then have to postpone again.
But this isn't rD's first time getting people to sign up for a race, nor is it the first race in Anaheim. Like it's worked in the past, what did they do to break it this time?

But this isn't rD's first time getting people to sign up for a race, nor is it the first race in Anaheim. Like it's worked in the past, what did they do to break it this time?
I honestly don’t know. Knowing coding this could be something as simple as one line of coding somehow breaking everything and somehow fixing it is taking more steps than it actually should.

Like let’s be real probably the Disney IT are about as happy as we are this happened (meaning not happy in the slightest)

Disneyland announced the sale dates for Oogie Boogie Bash today, which will be for next week. This registration is also known to have technical issues and crashes so I am speculating if runDisney does announce a reschedule date for the half, it probably won’t be for next week!

Attachments

• IMG_4301.jpeg
    IMG_4301.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 14
Disneyland announced the sale dates for Oogie Boogie Bash today, which will be for next week. This registration is also known to have technical issues and crashes so I am speculating if runDisney does announce a reschedule date for the half, it probably won’t be for next week!

I'm more interested they finally seem to be planning to activate the email notification feature Queue It has 👀

Unless they've changed it from last year, they did turn off the ability to share links during OBB sales last year. We could share during the MK presale, but not when general was rescheduled. But with email notification turned on, I wonder if sharing might also be back. Those email notifications when I've used them for other sites give you a link to click.

Honestly that might help with some of the issues. Would love them to activate these for the races too even with how quick they sell out.

And agreed it's also a pretty good indication we hopefully won't see race registration rescheduled until at least the week after next lol

I'm more interested they finally seem to be planning to activate the email notification feature Queue It has 👀

Unless they've changed it from last year, they did turn off the ability to share links during OBB sales last year. We could share during the MK presale, but not when general was rescheduled. But with email notification turned on, I wonder if sharing might also be back. Those email notifications when I've used them for other sites give you a link to click.

Honestly that might help with some of the issues. Would love them to activate these for the races too even with how quick they sell out.

And agreed it's also a pretty good indication we hopefully won't see race registration rescheduled until at least the week after next lol
I used the email notification when I signed up for Star Wars Nite this year. After getting used to the chaos of runDisney, I was pleasantly surprised to sign up with very little hassle.

I definitely think that the 25th will not be the next registration attempt with the Halloween party tickets going on sale that day.

I used the email notification when I signed up for Star Wars Nite this year. After getting used to the chaos of runDisney, I was pleasantly surprised to sign up with very little hassle.

I definitely think that the 25th will not be the next registration attempt with the Halloween party tickets going on sale that day.

Ooo, yeah. Maybe DLR things are going that way. I was pleased with it back in 2020 using it for a Build A Bear release. It was a lot less chaotic. I passed on all the After Darks this year due to work conflicts so didn't pop my head in the queues to see what they were doing.

Now if only runDisney would get on board

Yes I agree with this 100%

When this happened for the Marathon Weekend a few years back, does anyone recall when registrations occurred after the false start registration date?

When this happened for the Marathon Weekend a few years back, does anyone recall when registrations occurred after the false start registration date?
I think it was just delayed and Disney told people in the waiting room not to refresh as they were in the queue and yet a lot of those people were shut out or so I heard

I know Christmas virtual registration is July 9th and princess club registration is July 23rd

They just restarted later that day (12:30, apparently). That's why I suspected something different is happening here. RD has has some hiccups for popular events but in those cases it felt like more of a bandwidth issue, too many people attempting to register and it crashed their servers temporarily. Of course things haven't gone perfectly since but DL Halloween went fine, sell-outs take longer because they've slowed down the amount of people they let through to register at a time.

Kind of crazy that there hasn't been an update since!

Well at the latest they have to make a move by the 23rd of July arguably. Since thats when early registration for Princess is supposed to start. If they don't somehow have it whatever it is fixed by then. (which would be a shock) Than Princess is also getting postponed.

Realistically probably the latest they can go for registration without it impacting Princess in some form will be the 16th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter