Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

+2 in that my boyfriend and I did the WDW HM and DL 10K. I wonder if we were counted since we didn’t officially do C2C even though we went coast to coast 🤣
Sadly, no, you were not. He went by official results for the C2C qualifying races only.

You did all that travel and didn't do the Half?? Guessing you were shut out of registration?

Sadly, no, you were not. He went by official results for the C2C qualifying races only.

You did all that travel and didn't do the Half?? Guessing you were shut out of registration?
I registered for DL weekend between the 27-minute and 43-minute mark, so the challenge was sold out but the 10K and Half were available. I chose to go with the awesome 10K course to enjoy the quintessential DL experience! I did the Half in 2014/2015 so I figured it would just be a fun weekend. I’m all in for Halloween now that it’s been announced though 🤩

It mostly impacts people who purchase the returned bibs that open up and random after initial registration. Probably covers runDisney's management of these bibs.

As someone who’d never been to DL before, there were lots of things I enjoyed comparing and contrasting to what I‘m used to at WDW. Here’s an odd one, however: it was really strange that the only birds seemed to be the ducks, seagulls, and a couple of cormorants. At WDW, there are always little birds looking for crumbs around the outdoor seating at restaurants. I didn’t see any little birds at DL at all. Does it have anything to do with the DL cats? I was hoping to see the cats while we were there, but didn’t see any of them, either.

As someone who’d never been to DL before, there were lots of things I enjoyed comparing and contrasting to what I‘m used to at WDW. Here’s an odd one, however: it was really strange that the only birds seemed to be the ducks, seagulls, and a couple of cormorants. At WDW, there are always little birds looking for crumbs around the outdoor seating at restaurants. I didn’t see any little birds at DL at all. Does it have anything to do with the DL cats? I was hoping to see the cats while we were there, but didn’t see any of them, either.
I’m not entirely sure but I think just in general Anaheim has less wildlife than FL. DL is a lot more suburban when compared to the Lake Buena Vista area when you think about it. And we do have some robins I remember seeing in the paste . It just kind of depends on when you’re looking.

It could be related to the cats I guess and that might be a deterrent. But I just think in general the area has less wildlife. We’re far enough away from the mountains that the predators don’t tend to come down here that often from my years of visiting.

Like SoCal has mountain lions and bears (though going by what I can find black bears are a recent reintroduction to the local habitat) among other things. But you need to go at least a good 30-40 minutes away from Anaheim to start seeing the larger variety.

Like WDW is in Orlando but so much of the property is swamp partly to preserve animal wildlife from what I remember. So your naturally going to see more there than Anaheim where your surrounded by city on all sides

I was wandering around Anaheim (Katella Ave) a couple blocks west of DL. I heard a racket coming from a magnolia tree. I looked up and saw a number of parrots. Apparently some parrots escaped many years ago and now there are several colonies in Orange County. At WDW I was running the marathon years age. As we were exiting the AK I noticed a small alligator lying beside a waterway watching the runners go by. I would say this were my most unexpected Disney animal encounters.

One time when I was out there I went looking for the cats and had a tough time finding them, I think they have their moments where they come out to say hi, probably when it's not as busy. Never got to see Francisco!

But yes I wouldn't be surprised if that impacts the bird population, from what I understood the cats are pretty active hunters, particularly with rodents that make the mistake of stopping by.

One time when I was out there I went looking for the cats and had a tough time finding them, I think they have their moments where they come out to say hi, probably when it's not as busy. Never got to see Francisco!

But yes I wouldn't be surprised if that impacts the bird population, from what I understood the cats are pretty active hunters, particularly with rodents that make the mistake of stopping by.
I've seen Francisco twice and even got to pet him once! Love him. The cats are there mostly for the rodent population, and they have them at WDW as well. I've only ever seen one there once, at Mine Train over near the cottage tucked away behind the exit.

Snickers was my favorite :(. I miss her so much. She disappeared months ago from her GRR location. She was always so friendly to certain people. And usually easy to find.

I've gotten mixed stories on what happened, but hoping she was rehomed due to her health. Guests kept feeding her and she had a sensitive tummy.

Nutmeg was another usually easy to spot if you went to the Magic Key Terrace, but we do know she passed away last year.

There's definitely lots of little birds that hang around the tables normally. Might just be time of year? It was a bit cold for them.

We were walking back to our hotel through Downtown Disney after the 10k just after sunrise and the place was full of black birds like crows. And they were loud, like a scary movie

I know we all noticed the lack of Photopass photographers, I just wanted to put this data out there. Happy to hear from others too.

Expo: Thursday 5:30pm 0 photos (0 total, 0 unique)
10k: Saturday started in C, finished in 57 minutes, 5 photos at finish line (5 total, 1 unique)
Half Marathon: Sunday started in B finished in 2:05, 1 photo in DCA, 2 photos at castle, 8 photos at finish line (11 total, 3 unique)

The castle photos just barely have the castle in the background.
DH & I didn't stop on course for character photos, but I thought DH would get at least 1 on course photo (at the castle).

At the Expo we did use the big castle backdrop for a photo, but the CM wasn't PPP, she just managed the queue used our phone.

When we took our medals to Disneyland & DCA on Sunday the 2 PPP we had barely knew it was race weekend. They helped us with some good shots, but afterwards I found out that a lot of runners got Mickey & Minnie runners magic shot so I was disappointed to not have that. I sent a message to PP asking if they could add it into one of my photos, but it's been 2 weeks with no response.

Last edited:
I know we all noticed the lack of Photopass photographers, I just wanted to put this data out there. Happy to hear from others too.

Expo: Thursday 5:30pm 0 photos (0 total, 0 unique)
10k: Saturday started in C, finished in 57 minutes, 5 photos at finish line (5 total, 1 unique)
Half Marathon: Sunday started in B finished in 2:05, 1 photo in DCA, 2 photos at castle, 8 photos at finish line (11 total, 3 unique)

The castle photos just barely have the castle in the background.
DH & I didn't stop on course for character photos, but I thought DH would get at least 1 on course photo (at the castle).

At the Expo we did use the big castle backdrop for a photo, but the CM wasn't PPP, she just managed the queue used our phone.

When we took our meals to Disneyland & DCA on Sunday the 2 PPP we had barely knew it was race weekend. They helped us with some good shots, but afterwards I found out that a lot of runners got Mickey & Minnie runners magic shot so I was disappointed to not have that. I sent a message to PP asking if they could add it into one of my photos, but it's been 2 weeks with no response.
Expo: 0 photos
5K: started at the front B, finished in 44 minutes—7 on course photos (4 unique spots), 6 finish line photos, 2 character photos (both Cruella)
10K: started near the front of B, finished in 1h38m—3 on course photos (2 unique spots), 1 finish line photo (that I’m barely visible in), 2 character photos (Launchpad and Chip & Dale)
Half: started at near the front of B, finished in 3h15m—4 (bad) on course photos (3 unique spots), 8 finish line photos, 0 character photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter