Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

but security is STILL stupid ... we still have to go alllll the way around to get in.
And they are holding us again at the staging entrance. For some reason they're funneling us all thru bag check even if you're not doing it?

Your Panda is so darn cute with his medal and mini ears! I'm dying over here from cuteness overload 😍

Thank you 🥰. He and I are currently freezing in our corral dressed as Oswald and Ortensia. I have magic feathers to give out still if anyone finds me 👀💚

Something weird happened in the Chip and Dale line. They warned of a hard sweep at mile 6 and we had to be there in 15 minutes. Then about 5 mi minutes later, they said 8 minutes before the hard sweep at mile 6. At mile 5, someone said we were 3 minutes behind pace.

Suffice it to say, the hard sweep did not happen according to what they said. Maybe they said it to scare people into picking up the pace. It was a rough finish that left me uneasy for tomorrow, but I think I've worked through everything.

I never heard the thing about hard sweep, but I did hear being ahead and then suddenly behind with no change in pace. It was so weird.

Wouldn’t the balloons have to pass you for a hard sweep to happen? Like that seems like the math is off here on their end.

You would think 😂

Something was super odd about yesterday. The congestion was so bad where I was that it was difficult to stay on pace. Achieved it, but it was a challenge.

Here's hoping it's better today for the half. Security definitely went smoother for me. I noticed a wheel chair accessible one that was opened today and they just had more open at the Clementine entrance than yesterday.

I did notice they were letting corrals E-G in early. They held A-D until about 4:02? Huge crowd waiting to go in and while I'm in my correct corral, they definitely didn't check my bib to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter