Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

When are proofs of time normally due for rD races? At race registration? Or after?
There is a time period after registration to submit. For example, the submission window for the Springtime Surprise 10 Miler (which takes place April 16th this year) just ended on January 3rd.

I wouldn't stress too much about POT and corrals. It's nothing like WDW races in terms of volume. It's a much smaller scale situation.
Really any corral is good at DL races, unless you are literally trying to win the races.

Anybody thinking about Coast to Coast? Has anyone done it before and remember how registration went? Was it its own category, like registering for a challenge? Or a checkbox while you are registering for the regular race/challenge? How will this work when registration for the later race on one coast (DL Half) is happening before registration for the earlier race (WDW MW) potentially? Seems you should register for C to C *after* you find out you got into both races right? Can you modify to indicate C to C later? Once you find out you got into both races?

Anybody thinking about Coast to Coast? Has anyone done it before and remember how registration went? Was it its own category, like registering for a challenge? Or a checkbox while you are registering for the regular race/challenge? How will this work when registration for the later race on one coast (DL Half) is happening before registration for the earlier race (WDW MW) potentially? Seems you should register for C to C *after* you find out you got into both races right? Can you modify to indicate C to C later? Once you find out you got into both races?
There was no need to register for C2C. RunDisney kept track of it and typically gave you a wristband at bib pickup if you were eligible. When you went through the challenge medals chute after the half you'd get the C2C medal if you had the wristband.

There was no need to register for C2C. RunDisney kept track of it and typically gave you a wristband at bib pickup if you were eligible. When you went through the challenge medals chute after the half you'd get the C2C medal if you had the wristband.

I had the same experience with C2C, and because I had done Princess as my WDW qualifier, they handed me both the blue and pink C2C medals after I finished the Tink half! It was all just automatic.

Do we know that the Coast to Coast medal is still going to be a thing? I mean, has anyone seen anything in writing from runDisney about it?

My tentative plan is to attempt getting one, but I want to see that a) it is going to happen again and b) what races would qualify for it (i.e. would a Springtime Surprise 10-miler be eligible).

Do we know that the Coast to Coast medal is still going to be a thing? I mean, has anyone seen anything in writing from runDisney about it?

My tentative plan is to attempt getting one, but I want to see that a) it is going to happen again and b) what races would qualify for it (i.e. would a Springtime Surprise 10-miler be eligible).
Yes, they specifically said it in the announcement post that CtC would be back
DABA9848-9391-41C6-860C-775B42486563.jpeg

They have not specified requirements, but previously it was participation in a half marathon distance or longer at both WDW and DL in one calendar year.

I had the same experience with C2C, and because I had done Princess as my WDW qualifier, they handed me both the blue and pink C2C medals after I finished the Tink half! It was all just automatic.
Thanks! This may be too good to resist, despite the travel headaches.

I am so happy that DLR weekend was moved to January. I don't know how many on here ran the last DLR weekend (themed Pixar) but it was absolutely miserable. People were going down left and right in the heat and the heat and humidity just about did me in. I am definitely going to try to sign up but I also know that it's going to be a miracle if I get in. pixiedust:

I do hope that we will also get more info soon about other race weekends coming back. As far as themes go, I can't see DLR not getting a Marvel weekend back. Florida can't do anything Marvel related (with some exceptions) so I can see Anaheim using Marvel to it's fullest extent which I will be thrilled for. Loved the theming for those races. My Captain America 5K medal is one of my absolute favs.

I am so happy that DLR weekend was moved to January. I don't know how many on here ran the last DLR weekend (themed Pixar) but it was absolutely miserable. People were going down left and right in the heat and the heat and humidity just about did me in. I am definitely going to try to sign up but I also know that it's going to be a miracle if I get in. pixiedust:

I do hope that we will also get more info soon about other race weekends coming back. As far as themes go, I can't see DLR not getting a Marvel weekend back. Florida can't do anything Marvel related (with some exceptions) so I can see Anaheim using Marvel to it's fullest extent which I will be thrilled for. Loved the theming for those races. My Captain America 5K medal is one of my absolute favs.
I would soo loove marvel!! Esp since WDW cannot do it.

I have a couple of questions for those that have done previous DL races.

1. What is the weather likely to be for a January race?

2. I usually skip the Disney World 5Ks that aren't part of the weekend challenge because I don't particularly enjoy the 5K distance, to save some money, and to get a full park day. Is there anything particularly awesome about the DL 5Ks that might make me change that plan?

I did! And yes, it was miserable. I think it is still the hottest RD race of all time. I was in a later corral and coming across that parking lot at the end was brutal. I have a pic somewhere with the red flag warning.

I have a couple of questions for those that have done previous DL races.

1. What is the weather likely to be for a January race?

2. I usually skip the Disney World 5Ks that aren't part of the weekend challenge because I don't particularly enjoy the 5K distance, to save some money, and to get a full park day. Is there anything particularly awesome about the DL 5Ks that might make me change that plan?
1. Locals will have better info but my memory from the races and other trips to the area is light jacket weather, sometimes you can skip the jacket but I didn’t worry about the heat.

2. It’s the first race back. Otherwise… not really, I’d take the park day. If you don’t like the WDW 5k’s, you definitely wont like the DL version, which will probably be similar to the 10k and half courses, it just wont cover as much ground in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter