Disneyland & going with friends

dizneygirl

Earning My Ears
Hi There,
We are going to Disneyland next month with another couple and their 2 kids. As much as we love them, I wanted to get opinions from other people who have also gone with friends. What's the best way to handle it if you feel that you need a "break" and just want to go off with your own family? They may feel that way too at some point. I just want everyone to get their moneys worth.

Any suggestions? Thanks!! :wizard:
Dizneygirl

It's easy: lay out the ground rules in advance. Explain that because each group may want to go off in a different direction you are bringing 2-way radios so you can all stay in touch and meet up later.
If they have children - and you do not? - they'll definitely be on a different schedule if the kids need to go back for naps or if they just want to swim in the afternoon.

We went with family. At first they wanted to do everything together. That meant us waiting for them to go on rides that we could not. We decided that it was best to met for meals, the parade, etc. We set the times and places we were to met. It worked out well - everyone got to do the things they wanted and we spent quality time together instead of getting on each other nerves.

I met two families there a couple of months ago. Neither family had been in years and had no idea about fastpasses or what attractions to hit first thing in the morning. They enjoyed my tutorial (honestly) and the fact that I spent the day running around getting FPs for everyone. We go often enough that when they wanted to go on an attraction (DL has me brainwashed, I used to say rides) we went on regardless. You might have different experience but mine went very well.

Thanks for all the advice. We also have 2 young children who are about the same age as their children (4 & 3) so I really think it would be a great idea if there were times we could all just do our own thing. I liked the ideas of meeting for the parades, meals, etc. Thanks! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter