Disneyland During Thanksgiving Week?

BubbaMonkey

Earning My Ears
How crowded is the park during Thanksgiving week? We are in town and trying to decide if it worth going. We would go to the park Sunday the 24th through Tuesday the 26th (or we could go Monday through Wednesday as well if crowds would be better).

We have no interest in visiting Star Wars and would definitely not go at all if the second ride in the park opens late fall due to increased crowds. We went to Disney World soon after Avatar opened and it was our worst trip to Disney by far with scary crowds and such chaos that my young son got shoved to the ground by some adult trying to push past him to get in line for the rides.

Thanks so much for any advice.

It's absolutely bananas. Don't do it. It seems to get worse every year. Many local districts have the full week off.

As the pp said, it will be crowded, and who knows how SWGE will affect things this year, but it can be doable and enjoyable with plenty of good research (and you've already started that by asking here!) and good planning and organization. DLR's FP system is much more flexible and user friendly than FP+ (many posters here report liking FP/MP much better), so using that could help you deal with the crowds. We've had DISers here plan their first DLR trip for Christmas Week (absolute insanity!) and have a fabulous time (even with very young kids), thanks to all the planning they did here. So don't despair just because of predicted crowds. If that alone is the deal breaker, you'll never get to visit DLR!

Last edited:

I don't know, we went last year Wed-Sun Thanksgiving week and we actually thought it was pretty manageable. The key like pp said was to have a strategy & definitely use Max Pass! I think the longest we waited was 30 min for guardians (with fp), Max Pass just made everything so much easier!

We went last year for Thanksgiving and were in the parks Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Thanksgiving week. It was pretty manageable the whole time, though Friday and Saturday were a little nuts crowd-wise. With Maxpass and rope drop we were able to do everything we wanted and then some. Plus the holiday atmosphere can’t be beat. We’re planning on going again this year.

thanksgiving is very late this year, there is no extra week after thanksgiving like last year, so previous years will not be a good measure of crowds. Lucky rabbit observation is very correct about creating deal breaker about disneyland visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter