Disneyland Basics?

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
It's been a while since I"ve visited the Disneyland section of DIS. What happened to the pinned topics which outlined general resort information and touring advice? I particularly remember one poster who'd do these in-depth analyses of World of Color (super tread?), Fantasmic!, and times of the year to travel, where to stay and why, and similar. He was "just" a dad who went to DLR a lot. I can't find any of those here anymore.

It's been a while since I"ve visited the Disneyland section of DIS. What happened to the pinned topics which outlined general resort information and touring advice? I particularly remember one poster who'd do these in-depth analyses of World of Color (super tread?), Fantasmic!, and times of the year to travel, where to stay and why, and similar. He was "just" a dad who went to DLR a lot. I can't find any of those here anymore.
Are you talking about @HydroGuy ‘s mega threads? Sadly he’s stopped updating them so they’re a little dated and got unpinned.

HydroGuy was the one. Too bad he’s gone. He shared lots of great advice.

One of his last messages. He's posted since, but not often, and not about DL touring advice.

I have been on the WDW forums a bit in the last few months. I am not very excited about some of the changes at Disney parks (and how it makes it harder to visit) and at Disney in general. I hope Disney can get things fixed.

I have never liked Chapek since I first saw and heard him at a D23 Expo. I think he is taking Disney in some unwise directions. Iger seemed to know more often than not the right thing to do and understood Disney customers and the Disney brand. I fear Chapek sees Disney customers only as numbers and is running the company by spreadsheets and not by vision - and is damaging the brand.

Bottom line is I am not sure about Disney anymore. I only went to WDW because I had a business conference there in Orlando. And it was a short visit to WDW (3 days). Otherwise I would not have made the effort. It was not that great of a visit. Something seems to be missing now.

I have been to the last five D23 Expos and only missed the very first one because I did not know what it was. I doubt I will go to the Expo this year as I am just not that excited anymore.

:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter