Disneyland 70th speculations and news

I think while we might get a year long event (more in name then say like fireworks or a special parade)

I think Disney sees the value in shorter events

Look at Pixar Fest, did well enough but its no where near the money maker holidays are which last 2ish months

Last edited:
Apparently there isn’t one imminent. My mistake.
You remember correctly, it's been talked about on the boards and evidently confirmed.

• Next refurb:
    • 2025 announced during 2023 Condo Association meeting
      • Could still begin in 2024
    • Full refurbishment expected, including hard goods
      • Murphy Beds expected to be installed (one 2BRLO received them early)
    • Signs of inventory disruption beginning early/mid October 2024
    • Unknown expected completion date
      • Inventory disruption persists through at least early April 2025
  • Next refurb + 1:
    • Beginning 2031 or later
    • Soft goods expected

I confess that I wasn't there for the 60th, but DS worked there on the 50th as part of the (now defunct) Disneyland All-American College Band. Apparently, July 17th was quite a spectacular event. So many people were lining up as early as 5:00am. Famous people from the original opening were featured guests. I predict that wouldn't happen for the 70th. The Governor of California was there, received a golden motorcycle which he promptly offered to auction off and donate the proceeds to charity (sounds pre-arranged). I agree that it's possible that they're going to scale back and have another "big bash" at anniversary year 75.

I confess that I wasn't there for the 60th, but DS worked there on the 50th as part of the (now defunct) Disneyland All-American College Band. Apparently, July 17th was quite a spectacular event. So many people were lining up as early as 5:00am. Famous people from the original opening were featured guests. I predict that wouldn't happen for the 70th. The Governor of California was there, received a golden motorcycle which he promptly offered to auction off and donate the proceeds to charity (sounds pre-arranged). I agree that it's possible that they're going to scale back and have another "big bash" at anniversary year 75.
My guess is a little less of what we got for the 60th

Maybe not New parades but I do think we will get returning nightime parades
New Fireworks, maybe a new parade?
The Fantasyland Theater being used for Meet and greets and maybe have a dance show again
They might advertise Pan getting updated, HM is rumored to also have new upgrades coming as well and maybe they will have another ride go down for more updates

I know it wont happen but something like Mad Tea Party at DCA backlot would also be very welcome by MK's
Also sadly I doubt we see Fantasmic get the Dragon back, which would be welcome but the fact the show is having issues without the Dragon I doubt they risk adding another element to the show

I could be wrong but I assumed when it got a refurb it would be the whole place
DVC room refurbs are totally separate from the non-DVC room refurbs. In fact, the non-DVC rooms (which are a great majority at the Grand Cal) just got their refurb not too long ago, so they won't be redone again for a while. Those rooms are quite nice now, while the DVC rooms are quite worn and definitely needing that upgrade soon

lol

Imagine Disney shutting down an entire hotel....would be insane. Even when the Pixar Hotel was getting work done it stayed opened

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest