Disney Wonder

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello! Does anybody know what Disney is planning to have the Wonder do from now until they leave San Diego on March 23rd? I think it’s going to be docking in Vancouver pretty soon as it’s finishing the 10 night from Hawaii. Will they do a quick “dry dock“ to refurbish everything after the long haul across the Pacific and then make its way down the coast to San Diego? Cheers!

Hello! Does anybody know what Disney is planning to have the Wonder do from now until they leave San Diego on March 23rd? I think it’s going to be docking in Vancouver pretty soon as it’s finishing the 10 night from Hawaii. Will they do a quick “dry dock“ to refurbish everything after the long haul across the Pacific and then make its way down the coast to San Diego? Cheers!
There's 3 cruises between now and then: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/itineraries/ship-sailing-schedule/?ship=2

One to San Diego and then 2 out of San Diego.

I just saw that and was getting ready to delete my post and I can’t figure out how! THANK YOU for confirming! I could not find it on the regular Disney Cruise Line site; however, I did find it on the blog site!
It is indeed strange that those 3 cruises are not listed on the regular DCL website. Will they disappear if they are sold out?

It's doing itineraries out of San Diego. We board the Wonder today! in Vancouver for the trip down to San Diego. Some people on our sailing are doing a B2B with the first Mexico cruise out of San Diego.

Not surprising that those cruises out of San Diego next week would sell out. It is Spring Break in the West.
Even our Vancouver to San Diego sailing sold out. I think at the end a cabin or two opened up but I’m pretty suprised it got so booked up.

Someone on a San Diego cruise -- is the Catalina Island port a regular dock or does the ship have to "tender" passengers ashore? DH is disabled and tenders are a hassle.

It's doing itineraries out of San Diego. We board the Wonder today! in Vancouver for the trip down to San Diego. Some people on our sailing are doing a B2B with the first Mexico cruise out of San Diego.
Have a great cruise! I wish it were to occur just a few days later 😭😂 spring break for us here in Vancouver doesn't start til next week. Oh well 😜

How was the boarding process in Vancouver? We are leaving out of Vancouver on 9/23. Have heard mixed reviews concerning embarkation. Some said it was like any other port, and some say it is horrible...mass confusion

How was the boarding process in Vancouver? We are leaving out of Vancouver on 9/23. Have heard mixed reviews concerning embarkation. Some said it was like any other port, and some say it is horrible...mass confusion
I can't speak to how it was in the 2023 season, but in 2022 despite the covid pain, it was good.

We dropped our bags early and then went to the covid tents (which were back across the street at the Fairmont). Once you were cleared there, you walked back across to the terminal and we moved through everything pretty quickly - I don't think we waited more than a few minutes at any point in the process.

As I posted in a different thread on this topic, we cruised Alaska back in 2022. The only real delay we had, was due to the covid testing before our cruise. Once we passed the covid testing, walking across the street to the terminal and going through the check in process was a breeze. The only issue we had there was due to the ArriveCan app was giving us fits, otherwise the process was smooth, with no other real delays.

Psy

As I posted in a different thread on this topic, we cruised Alaska back in 2022. The only real delay we had, was due to the covid testing before our cruise. Once we passed the covid testing, walking across the street to the terminal and going through the check in process was a breeze. The only issue we had there was due to the ArriveCan app was giving us fits, otherwise the process was smooth, with no other real delays.

Psy
Is the ArriveCan app needed? We are flying in from US so would we use it at the airport when we arrive and again when we board the ship?

No, ArriveCan is no longer being used.
Actually the app is still in use, but it's different than from the Pandemic. It's now used for an Advanced Declaration but it is absolutely NOT mandatory to use. As a Canadian, we deleted the app off our phone as soon as it no longer became mandatory...too many bad covid/pandemic memories tied to it for us :scared: :rotfl2: I refuse to reinstall it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter