Disney Wish and Universal Studios 2025

Luvmypetz

Mouseketeer
Was hoping to do the Dream (never been) next year out of Fort Lauderdale but the itineraries aren’t to my liking. So I’m rethinking everything. It’s been many years since a Universal trip so I’d tack this on before sailing but that means the Wish. I’ll do my research on YouTube but is it worth giving a try?
Also, was getting transport from US just as easy as a Disney property, ie Uber?
Thank you!

Last edited:
For me, a ship can’t trump a weak itinerary.

The Wish is a loved and hated ship. You need to decide for yourself.

This sounds like a new combo adventure - why not mix it up?!

What type of transfers are you looking for? Bus, rideshare, rental car?

Are you flying in? Staying at Universal (their prices can be better than Disney).

You won’t get the option for Disney resort > port bus. You could do MCO >Port C DCL bus.

If your party is >2, it’s often more cost effective to use something other than bus transfers.

What type of transfers are you looking for? Bus, rideshare, rental car?

Are you flying in? Staying at Universal (their prices can be better than Disney).

You won’t get the option for Disney resort > port bus. You could do MCO >Port C DCL bus.

If your party is >2, it’s often more cost effective to use something other than bus transfers.
Yes, we’d be staying at Universal, just 2 adults. Very comfortable using rideshares as opposed to going back to MCO for Disney transport

I loved the Wish, but it had been 10 years since I stepped foot on a cruise ship.

But I was with little people, and only one of them could go into the kids club, so I never looked for the adults section.

I loved the food, the ambience, and most of the things people don't like, I liked.

Uber’s website lists Orlando to Cape Canaveral as averaging $59. Since pricing is dynamic and this was general areas versus specific.

Note: they have MCO > Cape Canaveral as $69 - a shorter distance, but maybe an extra fee for airport location.

Rideshares do have price estimators in their websites & apps. But you have to enter your identifying info. I will leave that to you. I have used both of them for airport or hotel to cruise before. It was easy, efficient, and usually a better price.

But also have used bus transfers, rental cars, car service…

Was hoping to do the Dream (never been) next year out of Fort Lauderdale but the itineraries aren’t to my liking. So I’m rethinking everything. It’s been many years since a Universal trip so I’d tack this on before sailing but that means the Wish. I’ll do my research on YouTube but is it worth giving a try?
Also, was getting transport from US just as easy as a Disney property, ie Uber?
Thank you!

The Wish is a polarizing ship and has a bad rep with adults as being geared for younger children. Having said that, my wife and I are adults (most of the time), sailed concierge on the Wish without children and LOVED it…. Maybe because as adults without kids we worried less about pools, but enjoyed the bar scene more. The Wish has more and better themed bars than the rest of the fleet. We also enjoyed the specialty restaurants. So I am not sure I agree the Wish is not for adults, it might be it’s not for adults with teenagers 😂

Even not being a big fan of the Wish, I would say it is definitely worth a try to see for yourself. Plenty of people have sailed and loved it. Unless what you have seen looks horrible to you then maybe you shouldn't, but if you think it looks ok, try it out. ;)

I always recommend booking for the trip rather than the ship. I haven't been on the Wish and my hopes aren't super high for how much I'll like it compared to others BUT I'm sure I will still love it. It doesn't have to be my favorite ship in the fleet for me to have a good time. Personally, I don't think there is a bad Disney cruise ship. Each has unique features but its not like you go on one and you get a Carnival caliber cruise versus another you get a DCL caliber cruise. For example, my favorite ship is the Magic but I've sailed on the Dream twice. That doesn't mean I didn't have an amazing time on the Dream.

I have done a couple short cruises and bumped them up to a WDW or universal trip and it was great. Personally, I am all about more days on the cruise but my husband and kids LOVED doing a park too. We opted to rent a car and pay for parking at port then we walked off right away when we could with our luggage and took off to the parks! I did use Uber once, it was a little chaotic finding our uber and I can't imagine trying to do it with a bunch of kids in tow. If you uber book it ahead of time, if you wait until the morning of it'll be 3-4x the cost

I always recommend booking for the trip rather than the ship. I haven't been on the Wish and my hopes aren't super high for how much I'll like it compared to others BUT I'm sure I will still love it. It doesn't have to be my favorite ship in the fleet for me to have a good time. Personally, I don't think there is a bad Disney cruise ship. Each has unique features but its not like you go on one and you get a Carnival caliber cruise versus another you get a DCL caliber cruise. For example, my favorite ship is the Magic but I've sailed on the Dream twice. That doesn't mean I didn't have an amazing time on the Dream.

I have done a couple short cruises and bumped them up to a WDW or universal trip and it was great. Personally, I am all about more days on the cruise but my husband and kids LOVED doing a park too. We opted to rent a car and pay for parking at port then we walked off right away when we could with our luggage and took off to the parks! I did use Uber once, it was a little chaotic finding our uber and I can't imagine trying to do it with a bunch of kids in tow. If you uber book it ahead of time, if you wait until the morning of it'll be 3-4x the cost
I thought booking Uber on beforehand doesn’t guarantee a price?

In my time as a crew member I was fortunate to work on the Dream, Magic and Wish. What I found with the Wish is people REALLY struggled with the change. Dream Class and magic class although different had similar vibes to them. People who were expecting those vibes were disappointed.

In the first couple months I noticed the majority of first time cruisers loved it. It was gold/platinum cruisers that were split. I'd say half loved it and half hated it. My advice when I was meeting people on day 1 was to forget what you know about the other ships.

Personally I love the Wish, not only are the crew areas 10x better I think the guest areas are stunningly beautiful. My only big issue with the Wish is the itinerary 😂 I did 3/4 day cruises for 9 of 10 contracts so by contract 10 I was twitching 😂

In the first couple months I noticed the majority of first time cruisers loved it. It was gold/platinum cruisers that were split. I'd say half loved it and half hated it. My advice when I was meeting people on day 1 was to forget what you know about the other ships

This makes sense to me, by the time we boarded the wish it had been nearly 10 years since our first cruise....we were basically mentally first time cruisers again.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter