"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

Unless these ADRs are within the next few days, just give it some time.

I called because I had canceled an ADR made in error. It was for the same restaurant for the same time, so somehow I had ended up with 2. The CM was going to be transfer me to the dining line. I declined because if the wrong one got canceled I am out of luck. She did say that I shoudl be okay leaving ti there for now.

I contacted DIsney and finally got word that I need to contact IT. Ugh. I woudl just say skip it with teh magic bands, however I also have a message that one or more of my guests may have changed, and so if this does not clear up soon I will need to spend the upwards of 2 hours on hold I think. I want to be sure it is cleaned up before FP day.

I'm at my FP booking day and can't book. My Magic Band page isn't available. Tickets are missing. But reservations are there that I canceled weeks ago. I've called, chatted online and emailed IT. Same story, almost word for word, that they know there are issues with MDE and they are working on it and can't estimate when everything will be corrected. My problems started on Oct 18.

I'm at my FP booking day and can't book. My Magic Band page isn't available. Tickets are missing. But reservations are there that I canceled weeks ago. I've called, chatted online and emailed IT. Same story, almost word for word, that they know there are issues with MDE and they are working on it and can't estimate when everything will be corrected...

Forehead Palm-STNG.png

So sorry that this is happening to so many guests!

Last edited:
For my ADR's which I previously cancelled that are now showing on MDE stating "reservation cannot be canceled", do I need to call CS or just assume they are cancelled and I won't be charge a no show fee?

If you received the email cancelation when you canceled your ADR (I always get one) I would just make sure you keep that in your mailbox, or print it if you prefer and then just forget about the canceled ones. Chances are they aren't really in the system but if for some reason you get a charge you have the email cancelation as backup for getting the fees reversed.

If you received the email cancelation when you canceled your ADR (I always get one) I would just make sure you keep that in your mailbox, or print it if you prefer and then just forget about the canceled ones. Chances are they aren't really in the system but if for some reason you get a charge you have the email cancelation as backup for getting the fees reversed.

Good suggestions. Only drawback is if the cancelled ADR’s are preventing booking another meal at the same time. In that case you can call, and call again if the one you book over the phone also needs to be tweaked.

I used to like being able to make and adjust ADR’s online. Not a reliable strategy currently. Hopefully this will be worked out soon but I am not relying on it happening before my October trip.

Good suggestions. Only drawback is if the cancelled ADR’s are preventing booking another meal at the same time. In that case you can call, and call again if the one you book over the phone also needs to be tweaked.

I used to like being able to make and adjust ADR’s online. Not a reliable strategy currently. Hopefully this will be worked out soon but I am not relying on it happening before my October trip.

Hadn't thought of this - but alternately you could try and book a new ADR during that time and if the new one goes through you would know the old one was canceled ? Crazy thought I know but its kind of like like checking your online check in to be sure your DME reservation shows under check in time? ….

Hadn't thought of this - but alternately you could try and book a new ADR during that time and if the new one goes through you would know the old one was canceled ? Crazy thought I know but its kind of like like checking your online check in to be sure your DME reservation shows under check in time? ….

Worth a try. What do you have to lose except a phantom ADR?

The truth is that we are part of the problem. As long as we continue to throw money at a company that does not deliver product or services as promised they will feel no motivation to actually meet their promises or improve their service
I booked my trip over a year ago. This MDE mess hit about two weeks ago, give or take some days.
Certainly we have a choice. On the other hand, once I've booked airfare, I'm pretty committed. Going forward? I guess I'll think it over. But I'm not going to blame the customer on this one.

The truth is that we are part of the problem. As long as we continue to throw money at a company that does not deliver product or services as promised they will feel no motivation to actually meet their promises or improve their service

This is completely true, and I got a fair amount of flack for suggesting it, but it's literally the foundation of a capitalist economy.

I booked my trip over a year ago. This MDE mess hit about two weeks ago, give or take some days.
Certainly we have a choice. On the other hand, once I've booked airfare, I'm pretty committed. Going forward? I guess I'll think it over. But I'm not going to blame the customer on this one.

I don't think anyone, myself included, is suggesting everyone drop their plans and boycott Disney World. We're just suggesting that if people keep booking trips in spite of these problems, they will persist. You're going on your trip, that's totally reasonable (I would too!) and nobody should expect otherwise. You're keeping it in mind for future decision making, also reasonable and also what I'm doing! If people keep hesitating and preferably telling Disney why they hesitate, things might start to change.

Matt

I still cannot see my reservations. Email help desk informed me my issue has been "escalated to their escalation team for additional review"

5 days till fastpass day

I do agree with you, the ball is in Disney’s court to correct this MDE train wreck. Although it took me hours to book FP’s at 60 days, and one day’s worth went poof a few weeks after, everything I have checked on my account “seems” ok at this point. This was the first trip it took me hours to make the FP’s since this system was rolled out in 2013, and I have taken many trips. I think Disney has a seriously flawed system on their hands. It’s very discouraging to hear reports that in the parks MDE is inoperable as well.

This is completely true, and I got a fair amount of flack for suggesting it, but it's literally the foundation of a capitalist economy.

I don't think anyone, myself included, is suggesting everyone drop their plans and boycott Disney World. We're just suggesting that if people keep booking trips in spite of these problems, they will persist. You're going on your trip, that's totally reasonable (I would too!) and nobody should expect otherwise. You're keeping it in mind for future decision making, also reasonable and also what I'm doing! If people keep hesitating and preferably telling Disney why they hesitate, things might start to change.

Matt
Agreed! This may have just started happening but this has happened before from what I have read and will continue to happen for years to come as long as people keep going. I have an up coming trip in Nov. I will not cancel it over this issue but I don't plan on booking another trip because of all of the issues and price increases lately. Think parking fees, etc. I will be sending Disney an email after my trip to let them know it will be my last for a long time. I am just fed up with all of this. I already sent them one email saying this when the parking fees came out even though I am not affected by them. I love Disney but it is not my only vacation choice. There are too many other things to do in this world than to keep spending money on a company that only cares about it's bottom line and not it's customers. Customer service is very important to me no matter where it is.

My magic bands have shipped and were supposed to be delivered yesterday but no show. Figure I'll get them tomorrow. Just went into MDE and didn't see DH magic bands or tickets! I remembered we set up a MDE account for him as we did BB last year and we both were the leads on the rooms. Checked his MDE account and there were his tickets, Magic Bands, and FP's. Since our accounts are linked I don't know if I should call or just leave it alone. He is listed on the reservation. I think this is just something that just happened in the last two weeks.

My magic bands have shipped and were supposed to be delivered yesterday but no show. Figure I'll get them tomorrow. Just went into MDE and didn't see DH magic bands or tickets! I remembered we set up a MDE account for him as we did BB last year and we both were the leads on the rooms. Checked his MDE account and there were his tickets, Magic Bands, and FP's. Since our accounts are linked I don't know if I should call or just leave it alone. He is listed on the reservation. I think this is just something that just happened in the last two weeks.
I’d leave it. My kids were originally on my acct. I made DH an acct 3 years ago to get overlapping dining reservations. Within weeks the kids and my MIL had all migrated to his acct. I’ve spent about 2 hrs with IT & they can’t explain it or fix it...

Last edited:
I’d leave it. My kids were originally on my acct. I made DH an acct 3 years ago to get overlapping dining reservations. Within weeks the kids and my MIL had all mugrated to his acct. I’ve spent about 2 hrs with IT & they can’t explain it or fix it...

I agree. Any changes right now might result in problems with the crazy things happening to some MDE accounts. Don’t tempt the fates!

I emailed IT about my cancelled reservations reappearing, as was suggested here earlier this week. Here’s the response I got this afternoon:

“Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!
Right now, due to website delays, what you described is a known error. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.”

Huh. Glad my errors are related to a cancelled trip over Xmas, and they’re not affecting any prior actual trips. That email does not install any confidence that this will be fixed anytime soon.

I emailed IT about my cancelled reservations reappearing, as was suggested here earlier this week. Here’s the response I got this afternoon:

“Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!
Right now, due to website delays, what you described is a known error. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.”

Huh. Glad my errors are related to a cancelled trip over Xmas, and they’re not affecting any prior actual trips. That email does not install any confidence that this will be fixed anytime soon.

No, I would absolutely not hold my breath. This will not be a quick fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter