Disney Store Semi-Annual Sale...

EvilQueen

WDW Cast Member
.... starts tomorrow (Friday, May 30th). I did some setting up for the sale tonight while at work. Looks like it will be a huge sale. Lots of stuff at 50% off. Plush is on sale as well. The list of stuff on sale was about an inch and a half thick.

Before anyone starts to panic... NO, we are not closing (not yet, anyway). The reason for the sale is to get the store cleared out for the new adult and infant lines that (I asked tonight) are expected in September.

I also asked about the pins. They are still around and they haven't been sent anywhere. One of my managers thinks that they may put them out sometime during this big sale as things start to clear out. So, keep checking back, give us a call, and you may get lucky and find that they are on the floor.

Happy Shopping!!!

I went to the store by me in Calgary Thursday night and the sale had already started. Mostly plush and kids stuff, with one rack of old adult t-shirts and three or four big plastic containers full of pins.

I was actually looking to see if there was a good price on the new Bug's Life DVD (I read the sign at the door that said the 50% off wasn't offered on CD's or DVD's) and it appears they no longer sell DVD's. They were pretty busy, so I didn't bother asking the CM's, but I couldn't find a single DVD in the store. Maybe I was blinded by all the Princess pink - it's getting almost as bad as the Barbie aisle at Toys R Us (i'm so glad most of my nieces have outgrown Barbie).

Has the Disney Store stopped selling DVD's now too? If so, I really have no reason to ever set foot in there again?

Will have to make a quick trip in tonight to check out the situation!;)

What better way to spend a Friday night but at the DS!

Scratch
:smooth:

Originally posted by getbak
Has the Disney Store stopped selling DVD's now too? If so, I really have no reason to ever set foot in there again?

There's no reason for the store not to have and videos or DVDs. Did you see if they were advertising the pre-order for Jungle Book 2? We just had 2 new releases.... Atlantis 2: Milos Return and the Spec. Ed. Bug's Life. TDS price is $26.99. They may have been moved, as well. TDS has a bad habit of moving things all over the store way too often. I'd call and check.

Is anyone going to the Square One DS tonight? We have a wedding in Mississauga tomorrow at 3pm and maybe I can convince Dh to go earlier (if he doesn't have an early golf game lined up before we leave Woodstock, that is) I'd like to know if they are putting any pins out for the sale in that store. The wedding is on Brittania, just off Hurontario and it would be soooo convenient to nip over to S1 beforehand ;) !

I'd like to know about the pins as well! I wouldn't mind picking up a couple extra :p

There are no pins at the Square One Store!

But, I am gonna go there tonight to check it out myself! I am beginning to realize that CM's don't always know what they are talking about! This does not include you Evil Queen. The CM's at Square One are very uninformed! Nasty Too!

Will let you guys know late tonight!

Scratch
:smooth:

I had one on Sunday at SQ1- Julie, I think:confused: she was VERRY helpful she even sorted through all the little bathing suits to find one for DD.
I didn't ask about pins though.:eek:
But I was a little upset the I didn't get my litho's, I can get them when I pick up my video.:(

About the DVD's...I went in today and talked to a CM. She said they moved the videos and DVD's into the back because they aren't part of the 50% off sale. She said if I wanted one, she would go into the back and grab one for me (Future Shop has them $2 cheaper, and there's one a block from where I live, so I didn't bother getting it at DS since there were no goodies with it).

Like I said before, the DS store in Chinook Centre in Calgary had three big plastics bins full of pins (not a great variety but cheap prices). I grabbed 20 for just over $20 today to use as traders at WDW this fall. I know that doesn't help all of you in Ontario, but I thought I'd share the info anyway.

saw a plastic bucket of pins on the floor in the Fairview Mall Disney Store in Toronto today....also spent way too much money on other things. Since this is a clearance sale, the CM told me she didn't know when sale would end, so the discounts will probably get bigger, just not sure when. Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter