Disney Springs Drone Show

Hi- Not sure about rain but the show won’t run in wind. We had a reservation for the show package at Jaleo on Sunday and the show was cancelled due to wind. We didn’t even think it was that windy! The only consolation was the meal was great. It was even windier weather Monday-Tuesday, so I’m doubtful that they could run the show. We didn’t want to risk another night at DS for the show to just get cancelled (was a short trip for us, we’re not local). Very disappointing for Disney to have a show that is THAT weather-dependent, you know, in a place like Florida! Understand that nothing is guaranteed, but certainly don’t want fireworks to be replaced by this.
Did you still have to pay the package price at Jaleo?

Is it realistic for 2 adults to leave Epcot after Illuminous and make it to DS in time for the 10:45 show?

That should be doable...the fastest route would probably be to head out the Intl Gateway and walk over to Beach Club to hop the Disney Springs bus. Leave Epcot around 9:30 and figure 45 minutes for the walk to Beach and getting the Springs bus, 15 minutes for the ride to Springs - you'll likely be there in a worst-case scenario around 10:30 - 10:45pm - just in time or a bit early. If you get lucky and catch a Springs bus at Beach within 5-10 minutes, then you'll have even more time.

That should be doable...the fastest route would probably be to head out the Intl Gateway and walk over to Beach Club to hop the Disney Springs bus. Leave Epcot around 9:30 and figure 45 minutes for the walk to Beach and getting the Springs bus, 15 minutes for the ride to Springs - you'll likely be there in a worst-case scenario around 10:30 - 10:45pm - just in time or a bit early. If you get lucky and catch a Springs bus at Beach within 5-10 minutes, then you'll have even more time.
We're staying at the Boardwalk so that was the plan I had in my head. Just wasn't sure if my expectations were doable.

Not sure, but curious as well… just cancelled our Jaleo and booked HOB instead - watched a YT vid yesterday, and the review turned me off. I’m not the type to go simply off of one review… there were other factors. My kids (13 and 18) can be adventurous eaters, but was more concerned about my own palette ! Lol — the thing that got to me the most, however, is that the reviewers party of three received the same amt of food as a party of two next to them.. and we’re a party of four ! And they still had to pay the $79 pp price

I would attempt to watch the Epcot show as close to the exit as possible and book it out of there ASAP.

Those buses at the Epcot resorts can sometimes be crowded, so you could consider an Uber if it looks like there are many people.

Has anyone been recently and can comment on the crowds? I get pretty anxious and am hoping crowds have thinned out a bit since the opening days…

Not sure, but curious as well… just cancelled our Jaleo and booked HOB instead - watched a YT vid yesterday, and the review turned me off. I’m not the type to go simply off of one review… there were other factors. My kids (13 and 18) can be adventurous eaters, but was more concerned about my own palette ! Lol — the thing that got to me the most, however, is that the reviewers party of three received the same amt of food as a party of two next to them.. and we’re a party of four ! And they still had to pay the $79 pp price

Yes, we paid the package price. I think we were almost to the dessert course when the announcement was made to cancel the show (it was delayed at first). We loved the meal though! So while it was disappointing to miss the show, the dinner was worth it. It was just DH and I, and it was a lot of food! I think I saw that same review as you…and I believe Jaleo fixed that issue. We had a party of 3 next to us, and they received more food than us (as they should!). Another great YT review is Mammoth Club’s- but Jaleo isn’t in the title of the video if you’re searching (called Underrated Disney, I think). Our menu was a bit different than the videos- the paella was replaced by a skirt steak which was delicious!
The manager gave all the tables there for the package a 10% discount coupon for a future visit, since the show was cancelled. Very nice gesture since it wasn’t their fault! No expiration on the coupon. We had already decided that we would return, even before the coupon was given. Everything was wonderful and we truly enjoyed the evening, even without the show.

Yes, we paid the package price. I think we were almost to the dessert course when the announcement was made to cancel the show (it was delayed at first). We loved the meal though! So while it was disappointing to miss the show, the dinner was worth it. It was just DH and I, and it was a lot of food! I think I saw that same review as you…and I believe Jaleo fixed that issue. We had a party of 3 next to us, and they received more food than us (as they should!). Another great YT review is Mammoth Club’s- but Jaleo isn’t in the title of the video if you’re searching (called Underrated Disney, I think). Our menu was a bit different than the videos- the paella was replaced by a skirt steak which was delicious!
The manager gave all the tables there for the package a 10% discount coupon for a future visit, since the show was cancelled. Very nice gesture since it wasn’t their fault! No expiration on the coupon. We had already decided that we would return, even before the coupon was given. Everything was wonderful and we truly enjoyed the evening, even without the show.
Nice ! Yea… the paella did NOT look good ! Steak ! Sweet !

Has anyone been recently and can comment on the crowds? I get pretty anxious and am hoping crowds have thinned out a bit since the opening days…
It was still pretty crowded in general when I was there 2 weeks ago - BUT - you really don't have to put yourself right on the lake...if you go to the grass area next to House of Blues, just stay a little farther back - the view is still fine and the speakers are all around you there - they've even added lighting for safety. You won't have to be shoulder-to-shoulder if you stay back a bit, and actually backing up a bit will allow you to see the drones over the few trees in that area (there are a few trees close to the west side dock that can impede the view a bit if you're close to them).

We were there the first week in June. The crowds are most evident after the show ends and everyone leaves at the same time. If you can hang back and let everyone flow out of there for a while it will be a less anxious experience.

I was told the second show is less crowded, so you could also do that one.

No actual experience but I would seriously doubt you could see the show from PO. Too many trees and no clear area to view the sky near DS.
I was just thinking when you mentioned PO. I wonder if they shut down the boats from PO and POR to DS during the Drone show.

I hope the drones don't replace fireworks entirely, but provide a way to plus up the current fireworks shows.

Also allows them to do a night time show at AK without disturbing the animals.

FWIW I think the show is fantastic.
my wie did a report on Disney for one of her MBA technology classes.

it was about how drones and some type of virtual fireworks are the future. Drones are here the virtual firework will be next i forget the technology i can ask her

Went Friday 6-21 to the 9:00Pm show it was packed they made us go all the way to an open area in front of Cirque Du Soleil it was all roped off near balloon and Summerhouse and House of blues back side and Jaleo looks like they only allowed restaurant guest. After show they only allowed us one way out it was like wall-to-wall people merging into to one lane. Nice show but took about 10 mins then 15 to get out of area. I think next time I will try making reservations in one of the restaurants

We were there this past Friday night and it was pure insanity at DS. During the drone show, you couldn't move and leaving, they have security all in the garages directing traffic. I've never seen it like this before.

We were there this past Friday night and it was pure insanity at DS. During the drone show, you couldn't move and leaving, they have security all in the garages directing traffic. I've never seen it like this before.
We went Friday as well we did 9pm it was crazy we took 15 min just to walk back to garage with all the people, they were making us all go one way out. they made all the people go all one way by the back of Houe of blues all the way till you get to stage in front of orange garage way too many people for such a small walkway

Went last Thursday to the 10:45 show and you could get a spot anywhere it the prime viewing areas right up to show time. I was actually surprised how uncrowded and easy it was to get into the area...find a spot...and get out. I know the 9pm show is a different experience so I highly suggest going to the 10:45 show.

Also...for those asking about "when" they cancel shows...the night we went, winds were 10-15 mph (with some higher gusts). The shows started about 10 min late but still went off without any issues.

One more good reason to walk over from SSR to see the show - it's right near that grassy area, and when you leave, you don't have to mix with the crowds - just head back across the golf bridge to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter