Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

View attachment 430335

Just saw this posted on CBR Magical Guide... anyone confirm this? Sounds like maybe it's just CMs. Especially since there was Sri scaffolding this morning...??

Actually I wonder if these were "off-duty" CMs if they were wearing "street clothes". When DS was a CM in DL, he got several opportunities to ride certain rides that were being "last minute" tested. They couldn't do it during their shift, but afterwards. Times were listed, and they could come to the park and show their ID for it. Maybe that's what these were.

Actually I wonder if these were "off-duty" CMs if they were wearing "street clothes". When DS was a CM in DL, he got several opportunities to ride certain rides that were being "last minute" tested. They couldn't do it during their shift, but afterwards. Times were listed, and they could come to the park and show their ID for it. Maybe that's what these were.

Makes sense, that's probably all it was. I think people are watching those things so closely any action causes a stir, ha.

I wonder if Disney decides it best NOT to try and open the Gondolas this weekend with the hurricane looming. Just from a pubic perception standpoint of opening it and then having to close it for 2 days straight.

That is a really good point. Especially for a new system that will undoubtedly be a little bumpy from an operations standpoint at first open.

I wonder if Disney decides it best NOT to try and open the Gondolas this weekend with the hurricane looming. Just from a pubic perception standpoint of opening it and then having to close it for 2 days straight.
OTOH, its a great test of the system.

I was listening to ResortTV1 live streams today because I’m a huge Star Wars nerd.

They mentioned on their stream the reason that there are no soft openings yet is a problem with the gondola doors not closing?

Possibly opening or not closing right in operation? And they won’t soft open until that’s worked out.

I’m taking that with a huuuuge grain of salt.

But thought I’d mention in the Rumors and News area.

I was listening to ResortTV1 live streams today because I’m a huge Star Wars nerd.

They mentioned on their stream the reason that there are no soft openings yet is a problem with the gondola doors not closing?

Possibly opening or not closing right in operation? And they won’t soft open until that’s worked out.

I’m taking that with a huuuuge grain of salt.

But thought I’d mention in the Rumors and News area.

I would be more than a little shocked if that is the case - though, stranger things have happened

Just feel like this is a reputible company and, while perhaps not this exact system or on this grand of a scale, this isn't a completely new system/ride vehicle

And the door not opening / closing ride after this length of testing I think would threaten the grand opening not just soft openings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter