Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Where are restrooms at the MK bus depot? Were they added recently? There weren't any in the original construction.
They have been there for a while now. They are on the back part of the loop closest to the front of the loop along the water.

They are on the back part of the loop and are closest to the front? Remind me to not ask you for directions to the airport :P
Lol, There are two loops at MK. When approaching the bus loops from MK they are at the back or 2nd loop in the front corner along the water.

From these latest aerials, AoA station has progressed considerably now. I would guess about 3-4 months left to finish off the stations. Probably see cabling start around the end of December - early January. Puts them at testing to start around March.

Some ground-level photos by @bioreconstruct:

Epcot:
DmBMsd7XoAEJq_Z.jpg

BW turn:
DmBVxfgUcAE1cUF.jpg

DmBV8n7UUAAw0P0.jpg

DmBWIKzUwAAAbSX.jpg

Studios:
DmBbaddXsAAiHQ-.jpg

DmBbzKKWwAAXXMr.jpg

Pop/AoA:
DmCpkRXW4AI3S9-.jpg

DmCrnoNX0AAJhvS.jpg

DmCroTVW4AE_JKF.jpg

I just listened to this also and he seems pretty sure that the info leaked so far about these gondola is largely inaccurate. They will have onboard AC, they will seat 8 but be able to hold 16 if everyone stands, the seats will be "flip up/down" style, and it will go 16mph.

I know Len isn't always 100% right, but he quoted a source that seems legitimate.

I just listened to this also and he seems pretty sure that the info leaked so far about these gondola is largely inaccurate. They will have onboard AC, they will seat 8 but be able to hold 16 if everyone stands, the seats will be "flip up/down" style, and it will go 16mph.

I know Len isn't always 100% right, but he quoted a source that seems legitimate.

… but he also stated that the cars would unload from one side and load from the other which is not possible, although this could have been a mis-interpretation of "unloading from one side of that station and loading from the other" which is how these normally work. I taking what was reported with a grain of salt for the moment.

8-16 is quite the range. Lift blog has been pretty spot on with this system so far so I’m sticking with that.

Well Doppelmayr says they can go up to 7 m/s, which equals 15.66 mph -- almost 16 mph, but that's right at the upper limit. I'll believe a/c and Disney telling everybody to stand when I see it. Some people who have no problem riding a gondola lift sitting down may be less open to riding it while standing.

Did the MN State Fair last week with 222,000 (one days attendance) of my closest friends, and rode the Skyliner simply because WDW is getting one. Hadn't riden in decades.

It opened 54 years ago and still running smooth. Not sure if they take it down or not.

Anyway, it is a wonderful way to get around and increased our anticipation for WDW. Very fun.

enhance

enhance

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter