Disney Riviera's concept art/details for rooms?

lntx

Mouseketeer
Disney just released some additional concept art for Riviera yesterday for the front of the resort. When do you expect we'll see concept art and additional information regarding the rooms at the resort? I really like everything I've seen so far, but want to see what the rooms will look like and info regarding room categories and sizes. We own at VGF, but are seriously considering adding on at Riviera.

Disney just released some additional concept art for Riviera yesterday for the front of the resort. When do you expect we'll see concept art and additional information regarding the rooms at the resort? I really like everything I've seen so far, but want to see what the rooms will look like and info regarding room categories and sizes. We own at VGF, but are seriously considering adding on at Riviera.
Room info won't come out until they are ready to sell DVC for this resort.

Copper Creek went on general sale in April and then opened in July. So I think we have a few months yet.

If memory serves, FL time share law states they can't open sales until a certain percentage of construction has been completed, correct?

Is the little birdie likely to know what they're talking about and did they mention anything about a point chart? I have heard speculation it will be like BWV but I have no idea if there is any truth to that at all.

Is the little birdie likely to know what they're talking about and did they mention anything about a point chart? I have heard speculation it will be like BWV but I have no idea if there is any truth to that at all.

Honestly they should yes, but like all things its always open to change or to inaccuracy. Its as solid of a source / rumor as i've got.

Honestly they should yes, but like all things its always open to change or to inaccuracy. Its as solid of a source / rumor as i've got.

Excellent. Frankly, I was expecting it to be a bit higher than that so if that price is accurate I'm pretty happy....assuming it isn't paired with a point chart to match VGF that is.

With the news that just came out, be sure to consider that if you want to sell your Riviera points, resale may be difficult because your buyer will only be able to stay at Riviera. I would only buy if you plan to keep it long term.

With the news that just came out, be sure to consider that if you want to sell your Riviera points, resale may be difficult because your buyer will only be able to stay at Riviera. I would only buy if you plan to keep it long term.

Very curious how that plays out. We will know shortly after it opens, as somebody always need to sell early on it seems.

I guess in theory DVC could buy back (ROFR) every Riviera resale, then resell it again. Meaning every owner there is direct.

Obviously the word would get out and resellers would always ask just somewhat close to the going rate, but it would prop up the price/risk. Although it does need to sell to even get ROFR.

My hope is they sell for 1/4 as that would be a great way to stay near EPCOT/DHS on the cheap, but those prices will get ROFR I assume.

Last edited:

OP here......after the news that just came out, I am (sadly) no longer in the market to buy direct points at Riviera. Which is really disappointing- I was really looking forward to it, but cannot justify the purchase if I'm going to have to take such a deep discount to sell it (should I ever need to).

OP here......after the news that just came out, I am (sadly) no longer in the market to buy direct points at Riviera. Which is really disappointing- I was really looking forward to it, but cannot justify the purchase if I'm going to have to take such a deep discount to sell it (should I ever need to).

Yep same. Not worth the risk. Maybe a small cheap resale but that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter