• Decrease 10 to 19.9%

• Decrease 20 to 24.9%

• Decrease 25 to 29.9%

• Decrease 30 to 34.9%

• Decrease 35% or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

RobMax

<font color=blue>Found out the hard way, that an a
What's your educated guess on the change in occupancy rate at the disney resort hotels if (or is it when) war starts.

Please Post Your Thinking On The Issue When You Vote!!!

Well, I'd like to say there would be "no change" but I'm not that optimistic . . .

I would guesstimate <sp> that the resorts would have between 25 - 30% less occupancy due to the impending war.

When we checked into the GF on July 4, 2002 the CM at check in told us they were only at 75% occupancy . . .In fact, I found that besides July 4th, of course, that the parks were not that crowded. I believe MK was the busiest park, but the others weren't.

Hoping that people who have plans to go to WDW will not cancel. I'd like to see WDW around forever!

I'm guessing around 20%, but I wouldn't be in that %!

Baring some unforseen disaster, we are going in May!

Really want those AP rates.

They just said on CNN that a no-fly zone began over Disneyworld and Disneyland as of 3:00 today.

Anyway, I think that any reduction in occupancy due to the war could be somewhat offset if Disney would release AP rates because AP holders are generally pretty loyal and I think this would be a smart move to get them to Orlando.

Also I think it could be offset if Disney just came out with 1 tv commercial with an across the board discount for everyone.

People WANT to go to Disney and even in a time of war I think they would flock there.

A lot of people get scared at times like this, this is normal. I think Disney could do a lot PR/discount wise if they had some type of campaign focusing on people still being able to find happiness or "magic" at a time like this.

Trying to be somewhat optimistic, I said 10-19.9% reduction.
I know many will be afraid to go to WDW and will stay away, but I think the regulars will not be detered as much.

I also think that we will see a release of the AP rates shortly after the war begins. That may be what they are waiting for; an ace in the hole so to speak to draw guests back. :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Currently the weighted average of what you have posted is a

13.16% reduction in occupancy. Pretty interesting.

I think new bookings will decrease.....but most people who already have air fare and tickets, etc. will go. I'm going because I don't want to let terrorists get the best of us!

Looks like after 77 votes we are at about :) a -14.32% reduction in occupancy. Wow!

Please Post Your Thinking On The Issue When You Vote!!!

I think that only 5% or less will cancel or change their bookings. Those that have family members in the military reserves probably already know if activation is coming. Those of us not in the military will most likely go with some people too worried to have fun.

We will be there 4-11 to 4-14. Expect the war will have started by then.

I don't expect Disney to lower rates. I think if anything, they will go out of their way to make your time very wonderful and relaxing.

I think it also depends on how much of the resort they have open to guests, although i know that most of the time they "close off" certain sections because attendance is not BOOMING.

i really dont think hotel occupancy rates will immediately start to drop, since most bookings were made some months ago- however, in the months to come, that is when the war fear that is starting now will take its toll on room occupancy. Just a thought. :)

Originally posted by DisneyDude10171
i really dont think hotel occupancy rates will immediately start to drop, since most bookings were made some months ago- however, in the months to come, that is when the war fear that is starting now will take its toll on room occupancy. Just a thought. :)

DisneyDude -

I totally agree with you. Most people that are going in April, May (like myself) and even June have been booked for months. I think these are the people most likely to NOT change their plans.

However, I believe those that are (were) planning vacations for the late summer and fall will be the ones rethinking their plans.

Our second trip during the year is usually Myrtle Beach, SC. There is no way I would book anything that I would have to fly to. Myrtle Beach is a 10 hour drive for us and I feel more secure on the road than on a plane. I'm sure, If I had Disney booked for late summer or past that, I would be rethinking it.

Just my personal feelings and beliefs

We may be very surprised about the summer and fall months. If this war goes smoothly and we can get in and get out... then I predict that WDW may be booming!!!!

I am trying to be optimistic. I am trying to let Disney get the best of me and not the war. I did vote for a higher occupancy rate (at least 15%) because I see too many media reports that I know scare the "h---" out of people. But I am trying to not be one of those people. At this point, I would like to say that I have every intention of making my scheduled trip.

We are scheduled to go June 30th-July 5th and I pray to God that we will be able to introduce our DD5 to WDW and "the Mouse". This trip was put together just a few weeks ago and I would hate to see the Disney magic in our hearts die.

Let's stand united and support our troops and pray for the best.

:p :bounce: :Pinkbounc :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :wave:

I'm guessing 10 - 20, but it will likely go higher if there are terrorist attacks involving airplanes or targets where there are large numbers of youngsters. Also will depend on the job market -- hard to go to WDW when you don't have a job.

I think the numbers will drop some due to people's fears about flying.

I'm saying 10-20% range. I think it might have been higher except the international folks have already stopped flying here. We're going in Aug at this point. But, I was going to be flying cross country to Seattle in June, but won't be doing that now. That's just too far in a plane for me with my dd.

I'm guessing around 25%, and just for this initial period of the war. It could go up or down depending on how things go. If, after a few weeks of nothing happening here in the US or to Americans travelling, I think it will go back to normal.(if normal is normal right now - I really don't know about that.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter