Disney Nostalgia Pictures

These photos are great.

Spacemaid - love your icon!

Yes, what a great thread! It's one thing to see older Disneyland pictures; it's even better to hear the stories behind them!

Thank you :) It's from a piece of Disneyland wrapping paper that I got on Ebay...the original owner said that it came from the old Crown Hallmark store on Main Street!

Space Mountain late 70's

dsny-1.jpg

Goofy late 70's

dsny-2.jpg

Great pictures! I'm loving those 1960's Holly Hobbie shirts :rotfl:

Wow, Mickey Mouse was TEENY way back when! It looks like they had a child or a very short person in that costume! He's not much bigger than the kids. Goofy, on the other hand, was all mouth!

The pictures are fantastic. The some of the clothing brings back lots of memories!

I'm so glad you are enjoying the trip down memory lane! I was a little bit worried that I may be boring people with my pictures! But I do love them all! :love:

1968.jpg

1968 me with my cousin and her husband, my Dad and my Aunt and Uncle who were visiting us from St. Louis. I commented on his outfit earlier in one with The Big Bad Wolf, but here we get to see the whole ensemble...including the RED socks! :scared1:

I am sporting a cool hairdo I used to beg my Mom to do on me. :thumbsup2 It's my hair up in a bun, with a little ponytail left hanging from the middle of it! If anyone out there is as old as me, you might be able to guess my inspiration...it was my "I Dream of Jeannie" hairdo! :lmao:

1967Nehru.jpg

Okay! This is one of my all-time favorites! It's my brother, (in a Nehru jacket!!! does anyone remember those! :rotfl2: ), my sister (I wish you could see it, but she has a peace-sign necklace on and can you see her mocassins! :lmao: ) and my Dad and I (yes, those are GREEN pants and a turquoise sweatshirt, but hey! I was a little kid! :rotfl: )

I just love this one for those outrageous clothes alone! Notice the lady on the right's hairdo!

Boy, my siblings would KILL me if they went on this website! But it's okay, there are still ones to come of me with that horrible 80's perm! :eek:

Goofy late 70's

dsny-2.jpg

Ooh Ooh! I had that same hat. But with a RED visor. Bought it there; did you too?

I have GOT to get on my dad's case about getting me copies of those pictures!!!!!

1967Nehru.jpg

Okay! This is one of my all-time favorites! It's my brother, (in a Nehru jacket!!! does anyone remember those! :rotfl2: ), my sister (I wish you could see it, but she has a peace-sign necklace on and can you see her mocassins! :lmao: ) and my Dad and I (yes, those are GREEN pants and a turquoise sweatshirt, but hey! I was a little kid! :rotfl: )

I am madly in love with your brother's fashion sense. I am a bit younger than you (born in 1969) and don't remember ever seeing them, and in fact I have never seen a picture of them on a "real" person, just famous people. So that's very cool, thank you. Love your dad's outfit too.

And you know what's funny? Except for Astro Orbiters, Splash, and Matterhorn, wearing a knee-length, loose, a-line dress is a VERY comfortable way to do the parks! I love wearing a dress to DLR! (of course I'm going to be sportin' my Crocs with it and might even be wearing ankle socks...)

This thread has completely inspired to dig thru all of my old albums. It is so great to see all of the things that have changed as well as all of the little details that are still there today.

Ooh Ooh! I had that same hat. But with a RED visor. Bought it there; did you too?

I have GOT to get on my dad's case about getting me copies of those pictures!!!!!

I am madly in love with your brother's fashion sense. I am a bit younger than you (born in 1969) and don't remember ever seeing them, and in fact I have never seen a picture of them on a "real" person, just famous people. So that's very cool, thank you. Love your dad's outfit too.

And you know what's funny? Except for Astro Orbiters, Splash, and Matterhorn, wearing a knee-length, loose, a-line dress is a VERY comfortable way to do the parks! I love wearing a dress to DLR! (of course I'm going to be sportin' my Crocs with it and might even be wearing ankle socks...)

Gosh, I never thought of my brother as having fashion sense! :lmao: But I guess he did look pretty cool here! :cool1: Wish he still had that jacket!:hippie: I have some more pictures from this day and I'll have to put them on here later (I have my youngest grandson in the room here with me and he is 1! So it is next to impossible to do stuff like this!)

I'm so glad everyone is posting their pictures and digging through their parent's things to find more, I love this kind of stuff! :banana:

Yes, I am 9 years older than you, Bumbershoot so you missed out on the Nehru jackets...Ha! Ha! :rotfl2: THAT fad lasted for the blink of an eye! :woohoo: It's so fun to look back on these things! :)

Okay, the baby is being very cooperative so I had time to add this one, we even get a look at my brother's blue socks!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jacket.jpg

Apparently I had TWO jackets with me that day, :confused3 first I had on that turquiose one and now I seem to have on a red one! My poor Mom was probably holding it for me off and on all day.

It's funny that Bumbershoot likes my Dad's jacket...he loved that jacket so much and wore it forever. In fact, when he passed away a year and a half ago it was one thing my my daughter asked to have of his. :sad1:

Great pictures!!! Boy, the clothes really bring back memories :goodvibes

I really need to go to my parent's house and search for some old DL pics.

I gotta' say, I love Goofy's Steve Erkel's pants. :rotfl2:

1968.jpg

1968 me with my cousin and her husband, my Dad and my Aunt and Uncle who were visiting us from St. Louis. I commented on his outfit earlier in one with The Big Bad Wolf, but here we get to see the whole ensemble...including the RED socks! :scared1:

I am sporting a cool hairdo I used to beg my Mom to do on me. :thumbsup2 It's my hair up in a bun, with a little ponytail left hanging from the middle of it! If anyone out there is as old as me, you might be able to guess my inspiration...it was my "I Dream of Jeannie" hairdo! :lmao:

Adventureland looks awesome in the background!!! Daily, we 'hit' our wooden wind chimes to hear the sounds of Adventureland to remind us of the beauty of Disneyland, right in our own kitchen...

Oh yeah, BTW - LOVE the red socks.... :banana: :rolleyes: :goodvibes

mickeypancake.jpg

Lil' me with my Mickey pancake, in 1984 :laughing:

dispigs.jpg

A picture that my Grandma took when Disneyland first opened! I've no idea where in the Park it was taken, though.

That photo that your Grandma took is so precious!!! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

img160.jpg

img159.jpg

img158.jpg

heres some more with my dad

IASW has barely changed!!! I can't believe it! Now, if we could only ride it... we took our family to the Disneyland park in 2006, 2007, and 2008, and all 3 times it was closed!

WaltDisney.jpg

Keep the photos coming... love them!

We saw Walt Disney at Disneyland and my Mom was able to get his picture. I believe this was also in 1964.

This was a priceless pic... I wish I had been there while Mr. Disney was still alive. My first trip was in 1974. I'll try to find the photo and post it here. Donald Duck was kissing my hand. This year, my son asked Donald Duck if he would mind kissing my daughter (6 years old) hand, as I had been around the same age when Donald had kissed my hand. He complied! It's such a precious pic.

Keep the photos coming, you guys - this is an awesome thread. Thanks, OP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter