Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

No clue if this has any validity or not, but I read a post that the reason they can’t do non-US is because they tax the Genie purchase at the time of sale. Non-US guests use a VPN to book dining/experience reservations which then aren’t paid for until the guest arrives in the US. Don’t come at me, I don’t know tax rules & have no idea if this is a valid concern or not!
Canadians can book Cinderella's royal table or hoop dee do as well as other magical extras paid for in advance without issue. So this wouldn't be the problem. Canadians are also able to buy Genie+ and lightening lanes day of from Canada currently.

Canadians can book Cinderella's royal table or hoop dee do as well as other magical extras paid for in advance without issue. So this wouldn't be the problem. Canadians are also able to buy Genie+ and lightening lanes day of from Canada currently.
Thank you for clarifying!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/fall-holiday-2024-room-offer/

Save on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels This Fall and Holiday Season​

View All Special Offers

Offer HighlightsOffer Details
A mother and daughter smiling while holding a plush doll and wearing a Christmas themed Mickey Mouse hat

Stay in the magic this fall and holiday season—and save on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels!
  • Save up to 30% on rooms for stays most nights from November 24 to December 25, 2024
  • Enjoy other savings for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights from October 6 to November 21, 2024
Plus, get FREE Park Hopper benefits when you take advantage of this offer and upgrade to a Walt Disney Travel Company room-and-ticket package that includes nondiscounted 4-day (or longer) date-based theme park tickets! With Park Hopper benefits, you can visit multiple theme parks each day of your ticket. Learn more about Park Hopper benefits.

NEWS: ‘Aristocats’ Lounge Announced for the NEW Disney Treasure Cruise Ship!​

https://allears.net/2024/06/27/aris...01zt3hcXPqNstKHX5I_aem_gGFyCyp2d1dFgtUIawGusw

FIRST LOOK at the Food Aboard the NEW Disney Treasure Cruise Ship!​

https://allears.net/2024/06/27/first-look-at-the-food-aboard-the-new-disney-treasure-cruise-ship/

A ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Dinner Show Is Coming To The Disney’s Newest Cruise Ship!​

https://allears.net/2024/06/27/a-gu...-is-coming-to-the-disneys-newest-cruise-ship/

Last edited:
Not sure how G+ was more bang for the buck than FREE FP+, but okay.
I don't want to open this can of worms in the News Thread, but did you try FP+ the last 2 years or more of it's existence? We were lucky to get more than 4 rides out of the Free one the last time we used it. G+ we were able to get pretty much any/every ride we wanted, even if we had to "fiddle-faddle" for some of them quite a bit during some days.

I don't want to open this can of worms in the News Thread, but did you try FP+ the last 2 years or more of it's existence? We were lucky to get more than 4 rides out of the Free one the last time we used it. G+ we were able to get pretty much any/every ride we wanted, even if we had to "fiddle-faddle" for some of them quite a bit during some days.
For what it’s worth I was able to fiddle faddle better with free FP+ then with genie+. Maybe just because there were more expert users on Genie+ :). I did manage to get FoP three times in the same day once back in the FP+ days

Did you try FP+ the last 2 years or more of it's existence? We were lucky to get more than 4 rides out of the Free one the last time we used it. G+ we were able to get pretty much any/every ride we wanted,
Engineered frustration to make you happy to pay for something you got for free.

G+ could be equally annoying trying to get what you wanted, when you wanted it, especially in busier times. But this has been on the rails heading for the station for a while.

j

For what it’s worth I was able to fiddle faddle better with free FP+ then with genie+. Maybe just because there were more expert users on Genie+ :). I did manage to get FoP three times in the same day once back in the FP+ days
F+ worked much better for us as well. We could pretty much get whatever we wanted. With G+ in many many attempts we can only manage to get maybe 2 headliners on any given day. And again F+ was free/included. whatever you want to call it. They certainly didn't and are not reducing the price for everyone now with G+ as an addon. - It's more an addon of an addon if we're saying F+ was an included "hidden" cost, much like magical express. They don't reduce the costs when they take away those benefits.

After reading all the various info on the 'new' Lighting Lane system ... am I missing something?

It seems like Disney just 'New Coke'd' us and pretty much monetized the old FP+ system and people are cheering for it. I figured it was Disney's plan all along to turn FP+ into $$$, but they slow boiled us this time with all the plan and name changes.

The problem is they made it worse, you can't re-ride attractions if there are spots, like you used to with the old FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest