• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Disneyland Paris makes new change to get access to Disneyland Hotel

After the loads of vloggers (and curious people) getting into the Disneyland Hotel after its long refurbishment... DLP has made a new change to their system to have a look.

First it was: no one can come in, unless you have a hotel reservation.
Second: Only a handful of people at a time can come in, queue up outside.

And now they are re-introducing the Lineberty App back to the parks, but this time to get access to the hotel. You cannot use the amenities or eat there (unless you already had a reservation before the changes were put in place), but you can look around and go into the giftshop.

Oh, they do have some guidelines:
View attachment 834529
Tokyo Disney is probably going to block off Fantasy Springs hotel for a while, except to hotel guests. You can’t get a dining reservation unless you are staying there. It makes sense.

I’m disappointed in the garden festival food offerings this year. The last two years they have stopped denoting what items are GF in the festival books and it looks like very few items are GF.
It seems very scaled back from previous years too. Also less savory items and more sweet. When it comes to snacks, I usually prefer savory.

Sad that the blueberry beer the Canada booth had in 2022 isn't back. That was so delicious.

It seems very scaled back from previous years too. Also less savory items and more sweet. When it comes to snacks, I usually prefer savory.

Sad that the blueberry beer the Canada booth had in 2022 isn't back. That was so delicious.
It is definitely scaled back. Whenever we are going to a festival I make a spreadsheet to keep up with the reviews of individual items (yes I am that big of a nerd :rolleyes: ). I was updating it from last year's today and all but a few booths had less items than before. And yes, it was the savory things that got cut.

Team savory!!!

It is definitely scaled back. Whenever we are going to a festival I make a spreadsheet to keep up with the reviews of individual items (yes I am that big of a nerd :rolleyes: ). I was updating it from last year's today and all but a few booths had less items than before. And yes, it was the savory things that got cut.

Team savory!!!
I saw some theories on another forum about how removing the savory items and adding more sweet means they don't need to make as many items in the actual booths. None of the sweet items are made there; they're just brought over. It makes sense but it just means I'll be spending less money on my visit.

Plus I would think that adding more salty savory items would up alcohol sales?

I saw some theories on another forum about how removing the savory items and adding more sweet means they don't need to make as many items in the actual booths. None of the sweet items are made there; they're just brought over. It makes sense but it just means I'll be spending less money on my visit.

Plus I would think that adding more salty savory items would up alcohol sales?
That makes sense, if the booth is only serving sweets they don’t need cooks in the booths so one less employee. The cost of food for the savory is probably more too so the profit margin is less.

I am sure there will be plenty of "cooks" in the Italy booth standing around waiting for people to stop in and try their hospital cafeteria pasta dishes that they might as well serve with a spoon.
I think I had one dish one year that was ok🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter