Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Hearing from travel agents that there is park-related news/change coming on Thursday… has anyone heard what it might be?
Predictions…
-Price increases on anything/everything
-soft open MMRR west
-opening timeline for Tron
-closing date for Splash West
-the rumored “tiering” of park hopping (been hinted at something like on site room/ticket package guests would have no restrictions, APs after 12, everyone else still after 2)

I just saw this on TikTok and came here to see if anything had been posted.
The TT I just saw was a strong rumor that there’s a package promo coming out that will let guests have a certain level of funds for dining with a 5 night stay. The amounts are tiered based on the level of the hotel. It’s not confirmed, but then a TA posted in the comments that “it’s not fair that this was leaked”.

The TT I just saw was a strong rumor that there’s a package promo coming out that will let guests have a certain level of funds for dining with a 5 night stay. The amounts are tiered based on the level of the hotel. It’s not confirmed, but then a TA posted in the comments that “it’s not fair that this was leaked”.
Well won’t effect me an AP who usually does one or two 2-4 night room onlys during RunDisney events

Sounds similar to the UK guest offer last year, depending on which resort you stayed at, you received a dining gift card worth various amounts ($500/$850/$950 according to this article
2022 Disney World 50th Anniversary UK Deal: Not-So-Free Dining)

-the rumored “tiering” of park hopping (been hinted at something like on site room/ticket package guests would have no restrictions, APs after 12, everyone else still after 2)
Just wondering if the rumor was that you had to have a ticket package to be able to hop without restriction - or just staying on property?

Blogs now posting about it:

RUMOR: Disney World to Introduce Dining Gift Card, No Word on Return of Dining Plan

According to BlogMickey.com sources, Walt Disney World is preparing to announce a dining gift card promotion for summer travel. The gift card would be part of a hotel and ticket package of at least 4 nights. The value of the gift card would vary based on room type and dates booked but could be worth up to $750 for the length of the stay.

The Disney Dining Promo Card will be a summer offer, running from late June through mid-September, with the gift card expiring at the end of September as Disney completes its fiscal year. The dining gift card will have different values loaded into it based on the room category and dates booked. The dining gift card is not tied to the number of guests in a room, so a single guest would get the same amount of value loaded onto the gift card as a family of four. The only thing that matters when determining the value loaded onto the dining gift card is the room category, the number of days booked, and which dates are booked.

Generally, the value per night will be as follows, changing based on the actual dates booked:

• Value Resorts: $35-$50 per night
  • Moderate Resort & Cabins: $75-$100 per night
  • Deluxe & Deluxe Villa: $125-$150 per night

That would be wonderful! I just saw where the hotels weren’t filling for 2023 like they should be. So this would make sense.
It's absolutely crushed this week, so I thought I'd see what rooms were open still yesterday. There were a LOT open and they were (relatively) cheap. The AllStars were under $100 - for a last minute booking. For the parks being sold out like they are - that's inexcusable on Disney's part. There shouldn't be an open resort room in the place.

Disney Dining Plan still isn't back, but you can get a hefty Dining Promo Card with Walt Disney World resort hotel bookings this summer

With the purchase of a five-night, four-day non-discounted room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resorts, guests can get up to a $750 Disney Dining Promo Card that can be used to purchase food and beverage items at select participating locations at Walt Disney World Resort.

Booking for this offer starts January 5, 2023, and is available for arrivals from June 25 to September 14, 2023.

2023 Disney Dining Promo Card Giveaway Details​

Package Requirements: 4 day minimum ticket, 4 night minimum required

Booking Begins: 1/5/2023

Arrival Window: 6/25/2023 – 9/14/2023

Dining Promo Card Giveaway ($ value per night)​

For Arrivals 7/1 – 7/10 & 8/1 – 9/14:

• Value Resort $50 per night
  • Moderate Resort & Cabins $100 per night
  • Deluxe Resort & Deluxe Villa Resort $150 per night
For Arrivals 6/25 – 6/30 & 7/11 – 7/31:

• Value Resort $35 per night
  • Moderate Resort & Cabins $75 per night
  • Deluxe Resort & Deluxe Villa Resort $125 per night

Last edited:
Just wondering if the rumor was that you had to have a ticket package to be able to hop without restriction - or just staying on property?
I honestly don’t remember if it was on site with package or just on site non AP

The rumor was circulating before the holidays and holiday retail work has tried my brain

It's absolutely crushed this week, so I thought I'd see what rooms were open still yesterday. There were a LOT open and they were (relatively) cheap. The AllStars were under $100 - for a last minute booking. For the parks being sold out like they are - that's inexcusable on Disney's part. There shouldn't be an open resort room in the place.

So many people are choosing to stay offsite since staying onsite doesn’t offer many perks. Offsite folks are really filling up the parks, probably more now than ever. Not surprising.

I agree that if staying onsite you should be guaranteed a park reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter