Disney Magic questions

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I'm debating booking the magic for January and was watching some videos online and it appeared really smaller then the Dream and the Wish ( only 2 I've been on)
Can anyone tell me if they have sailed the Magic recently and what activities were available? I was on the Wish this time last year and felt there was nothing but trivia or bars to do. Went on the Dream this past February and my 8 year old granddaughter had a blast.

If you go to Disney Cruise Line Blog you can see old Navigators. Check out some of the ones posted for more recent Magic sailings and that can give you an idea of what will be offered.

Honestly, I think you are going to get the same experience no matter which Disney ship. My cruise is essentially the same on Sea Days. Meals, movies, trivia (because I was a Jeopardy! fan), the 3 production shows, sunset and moon rises from the Promenade, along with walking the Promenade. Basically, chill out. And watch people enjoying the characters.

If I want excitement on a cruise, I pick one with interesting (to me) destinations.

Those who enjoy spa time might find the Rainforest pass on Dream & Fantasy nicer than Magic’s. Others enjoy alcohol tastings; not my thing.

I will post the Personal Navigators for a 5-night Progreso & Cozumel cruise from New Orleans, Feb 2024. It should be similar to what next Jan should offer from Galveston.

…And I wonder how you would feel in a different cruise line? Maybe Royal Caribbean on a newer ship, with more bells and whistles?

Any idea what you would like to do on a cruise?

And what was it your daughter enjoyed?

Last edited:
I agree with auntlynne - all DCL ships have, essentially, the same activities.

The Magic is my favorite DCL ship, followed by the Dream (I haven't been on the Wonder). I liked the Fantasy and really disliked the Wish (felt the layout was terrible and very confusing).

I actually like that the Magic is smaller - if you have stops at any of DCL's private islands, it's a much nicer experience as the island is much less crowded.

The Magic doesn’t have the interactive “games” the bigger ships have (midship detective agency and can’t remember what the Wish calls it). It also doesn’t have the same sports deck stuff. And only one adult restaurant Definitely look at the navigators to get a sense of what there is to do. After this last trip on the Magic, I felt there was enough for 5 days but my family is better with the bigger ships (unless it was the right itinerary ).

Off the Magic a few weeks ago. Pretty much the same activities as the Wish. Bingo, movies, shows in the theater, character meet and greet, trivia, arts & crafts, how to draw, and Aqua Dunk Etc.

Hi all! I'm debating booking the magic for January and was watching some videos online and it appeared really smaller then the Dream and the Wish ( only 2 I've been on)
Can anyone tell me if they have sailed the Magic recently and what activities were available? I was on the Wish this time last year and felt there was nothing but trivia or bars to do. Went on the Dream this past February and my 8 year old granddaughter had a blast.
The Magic will have similar hosted activities (game shows, crafts, trivia, bingo, dances, etc.) to what the Dream has. Naturally it will also have theatre shows, movies and lots of character meets. It won't have the Midship Detective Agency, virtual golf/sports simulator, miniature golf, or an Aqua Duck. Its rainforest room is more basic, with no hot tub and no view of the ocean. It has a curvy waterslide for all ages (on the Dream the curvy slide is smaller and only for kids), and an Aqua Dunk drop-down box waterslide.

Activity-wise, the only difference I felt between the Fantasy and Magic was the Fantasy had sports deck and the water slide roller coaster thing. In terms of activities like trivia, bing, crafts, tastings, etc. they are really the same. I’m partial to the smaller ships - so easy to navigate and feel at-home on, and less people, even though they are older.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest