Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well, as they "rebalance" they have made a lot of changes to token requirements for characters, basically making everything harder. More tokens required than before, differences in who collects them, differences in their rarity, differences in what buildings drop what. No tokens available in chests any more. Unfavorable changes to the odds in legendary chests, etc. So, some of my issues are based on these changes. Some are based on being newer back to the game. (Basically, the only change that has been favorable that I can recall is the removal of the common token requirement to enchant buildings, but that was paired with the crazy number of relics needed to do the same, so not really a favorable change over all.)

My comment about only having one source (or none), is really to say that it isn't terrible to have to grind to things, over and over. If you don't like it, I get it (it does suck), but it is my every day in the game. And for the pigs, I don't think that the available token sources are that different from the bugs in the last mega event (or at least are the same as they were for me, with my more limited resources and I have Flik to 10, Atta at 9, Dot at 7 and Hopper at 4 (not upgrading him, to focus on other characters with legendary tokens)).

And I get it - as a newer player (although, one with 5 years past playing history, so I've actually been all of you before, with almost everything and a long term player point of view), I don't expect to get everything and I can live without getting everything. But I did get the final character in the three events before this one, so there is that.

I've been thinking about the uproar with Grumpy lately. Remember that? This seems vaguely similar...

Last edited:

I'm enjoying some of the comments I am reading on their FB page. They are pretending like it's not all complaints, but it is. Here's a few for your reading pleasure:

I'm out, the Silly Symphony event was finally my breaking point. I already have a job that pays me, I don't need one where I have to pay it.

Actually I saw no guesses on the last post but I did see people forecasting that you would find a way to get people to spend money

I didn’t see any guesses just a lot of angry players

I just redid my review of the game and expressed my dismay at the games changing to needing to pay for characters such as the Big Bad Wolf. I encourage all of you to do the same. It might make them notice more so then our comments on social media.

Has anyone ever considered just how much money this game brings in every 4 months from the "season" alone? Google clocks them at 115 million players worldwide, and if just 2 million (and it's bigger than that) of 115,000,000 regularly pay them 20.00 a month....that's 80 million every 4 months, but the wolf needs to be how expensive??

Please, just change your name to GREEDloft so everyone knows where you stand. This game isn’t even fun anymore! I already have a teenager who is constantly asking me for money. Now this game wants to bleed us all dry for every single new thing!! I’m out!!

This game has gone from a fun game to a money pit. Another character that no one has a chance of getting without paying for. I don't remember having so many jobs where you had to update characters and buildings like this one and then to make it unattainable.
Just such a joke.
I have played since day one and will just let this character go as I am not paying $20+ for a character.

Well, as they "rebalance" they have made a lot of changes to token requirements for characters, basically making everything harder. More tokens required than before, differences in who collects them, differences in their rarity, differences in what buildings drop what. No tokens available in chests any more. Unfavorable changes to the odds in legendary chests, etc. So, some of my issues are based on these changes. Some are based on being newer back to the game. (Basically, the only change that has been favorable that I can recall is the removal of the common token requirement to enchant buildings, but that was paired with the crazy number of relics needed to do the same, so not really a favorable change over all.)

My comment about only having one source (or none), is really to say that it isn't terrible to have to grind to things, over and over. If you don't like it, I get it (it does suck), but it is my every day in the game. And for the pigs, I don't think that the available token sources are that different from the bugs in the last mega event (or at least are the same as they were for me, with my more limited resources and I have Flik to 10, Atta at 9, Dot at 7 and Hopper at 4 (not upgrading him, to focus on other characters with legendary tokens)).

And I get it - as a newer player (although, one with 5 years past playing history, so I've actually been all of you before, with almost everything and a long term player point of view), I don't expect to get everything and I can live without getting everything. But I did get the final character in the three events before this one, so there is that.

I've been thinking about the uproar with Grumpy lately. Remember that? This seems vaguely similar...
Yeah, I get it. I had stopped for almost a year at one point. It is beyond frustrating, especially in the Tower Events where you are missing a crucial character fir cocoa production

Thanks for responding and clarifying on my question. I was really wondering and wouldn’t put anything past Gameloft at this point

I'm enjoying some of the comments I am reading on their FB page. They are pretending like it's not all complaints, but it is. Here's a few for your reading pleasure:

I'm out, the Silly Symphony event was finally my breaking point. I already have a job that pays me, I don't need one where I have to pay it.

Actually I saw no guesses on the last post but I did see people forecasting that you would find a way to get people to spend money

I didn’t see any guesses just a lot of angry players

I just redid my review of the game and expressed my dismay at the games changing to needing to pay for characters such as the Big Bad Wolf. I encourage all of you to do the same. It might make them notice more so then our comments on social media.

Has anyone ever considered just how much money this game brings in every 4 months from the "season" alone? Google clocks them at 115 million players worldwide, and if just 2 million (and it's bigger than that) of 115,000,000 regularly pay them 20.00 a month....that's 80 million every 4 months, but the wolf needs to be how expensive??

Please, just change your name to GREEDloft so everyone knows where you stand. This game isn’t even fun anymore! I already have a teenager who is constantly asking me for money. Now this game wants to bleed us all dry for every single new thing!! I’m out!!

This game has gone from a fun game to a money pit. Another character that no one has a chance of getting without paying for. I don't remember having so many jobs where you had to update characters and buildings like this one and then to make it unattainable.
Just such a joke.
I have played since day one and will just let this character go as I am not paying $20+ for a character.
Yeah, I think my decision is coming down to a cost vs fun ratio. It honestly has passed the time for me for years. Even on a meh event, I got some fun out of it. The quest for the character, if you will, and the fun is in the chase. This event was truly just painful. I’d have to be the Uber masochist to have enjoyed it

I love how all my pigs and red were ready to level up and now that the event is over none of them are ready.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest