Disney Magic Kingdoms

I wonder how much this game has veered away from what the developers originally invisioned it being over the last 2 years? Obviously it was intended to be more about building your park seeing that the games subhead is “Build your own Magical Park”. I think we would all agree that changed quite a while ago. When was the last time they added land? No question they’ve made it more character based over the last year plus. I’m sure the success of events, especially the earlier ones changed the direction of the game. I’d imagine the game would be quite different if they had this knowledge in the beginning. Would also be interesting to know what the would have done differently.

I wonder how much this game has veered away from what the developers originally invisioned it being over the last 2 years? Obviously it was intended to be more about building your park seeing that the games subhead is “Build your own Magical Park”. I think we would all agree that changed quite a while ago. When was the last time they added land? No question they’ve made it more character based over the last year plus. I’m sure the success of events, especially the earlier ones changed the direction of the game. I’d imagine the game would be quite different if they had this knowledge in the beginning. Would also be interesting to know what the would have done differently.
No lie, I've been writing a response to this post for about three months now.

Zero interest in giving these outdated figureheads even a second of my precious time. Listen up, England... you have a fully functioning Parliament now. It's perfectly OK to boot those sham "royal" figures the hell out of your nation. Bulldoze over that antiquated palace and build a McDonald's. Or a parking lot. Or a petting zoo. Something worthwhile. Of course, we're talking about a nation that has lost its collective mind over that human baby factory Kate Middleton (and yes, I had to look up her name).

I don’t understand celebrity gawking, but I do understand economics.

Zero interest in giving these outdated irrelevant "royals" even a second of my precious time. Listen up, England... you have a fully functioning Parliament now. It's perfectly OK to boot those sham figureheads the hell out of your nation. Bulldoze over that centuries-old dilapidated palace and build a McDonald's. Or a parking lot. Or a petting zoo. Something worthwhile. Of course, we're talking about a nation that has lost its collective mind over that human baby factory Kate Middleton (and yes, I had to look up her name).

Most English people arent royal fans either honestly, but while they remain the single greatest tourism earner in the world they definitely wont be going anywhere anytime soon

On a seperate note: has anyone noticed how much quicker the happiness goes down since Stitch?

Most English people arent royal fans either honestly, but while they remain the single greatest tourism earner in the world they definitely wont be going anywhere anytime soon
Not convinced. My sister-in-law and her family live there, and the amount of crap that was being sold that she boxed up and sent over when that first kid was born... unreal.

Plus, the insane number of mindless individuals who stood around outside a hospital for DAYS waiting to hear that some kid was born inside. Seriously folks...

Not convinced. My sister-in-law and her family live there, and the amount of crap that was being sold that she boxed up and sent over when that first kid was born... unreal.

Plus, the insane number of mindless individuals who stood around outside a hospital for DAYS waiting to hear that some kid was born inside. Seriously folks...

I don’t get it either!! I say this every morning when I turn on the news - so sick of hearing about it!! I don’t care!! Lol

Don’t understand it either. Have no interest in it whatsoever. Only reason I know anything about it is I watch Suits, so I know who Meghan Markle is. Otherwise I'd probably be wondering why he was marrying Angela Merkel. Come to think of it I probably would watch that wedding! :rotfl2:

While it’s easy to make fun of people fascination over the royal family, how many people in the US care about a completely worthless family like the Kardashian's. Would they be the closest thing we have to a Royal Family in the US?

OK, I don't get it either. We'll be in London for a few days this summer, but it has nothing at all to do with the royal family. (It actually has do with a mouse, Mickey Mouse that is). Last time we were there was a day before the last royal wedding. Somehow our invitation got lost in the mail. Same thing this time. :rotfl:

Hm... ...reminds me of D23. Some people just like waiting. At least they can tell everyone they knew about X several minutes before you learned about it online. All that time wasted and lack of sleep, totally worth it. Maybe there is a group of Disney fans that are also royal anglophiles. They expect not only to be the first to learn about the new royal baby, but to have that same baby presented to them from up high, bowing to its royal greatness. Just try to avoid the wildebeests.

Parade float featuring Bambi’s dead mother?
We never did see a dead mother. We heard a gunshot, and then told his mother could no longer be with him anymore. That could mean anything. She was afraid, had a child to protect. Maybe she saw what man was doing to her people and finally decided to stand her ground. She can’t be with him anymore because she’s either running from the law, or was picked up and put down without a trial. Had she stayed, he might’ve been put down too. But she could still be alive. Schroedinger’s deer.

As a young child, I honestly did not understand this scene. I didn’t even know the “young prince” even had a father. Where was he all this time? I seriously just thought this buck adopted the fawn, since he was the one who first found him.

Meanwhile, Lion King... ...OMG!!! A corpse? Really? And the kid not only witnesses his father’s gruesome death, but spends time nudging and spooning his body one last time. ...not to mention the fact that this kid not only has to leave his mother and friends, and the only place he knows behind, but grows up truly believing that he is responsible for his death. The current king of the pridelands has got to be severely mentally deranged, with PTSD, night terrors, all sorts of crazy stuff!!!

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah. No corpse, no parade float. Give me Mufasa! Can’t even say his name without bursting into tears.

upload_2018-5-18_21-28-40.gif

Last edited:
for being a CA thing, I never realized this was an actual large culture. Where I’m from, I have to venture out of my suburban bubble to find people who aren’t Caucasian. It’s not hard to do, but within, they’re pretty rare. But outside, Asians are still extremely rare, which is pretty amazing, because one of the biggest anime distributors is minutes from my house. Of course, the CEO is Asian. (Yea! I found one!)
So, anyway, a couple months ago we decided to go to SoCal and do the DL thing. DL, DCA, Legoland, and Sea World. Not sure how to express this without sounding super racist, but I was amazed at how many Asians I saw. I was like a secluded African tribe seeing a white person for the first time... ...so cool. Don’t stare! Don’t stare! Don’t stare! I mean, I guess it makes sense, Big Hero 6, was sort of a living form of this. With its many ports, and even preUS history, why wouldn’t there be that many?
Anyway, I was wondering if there really were that many Asians living there or if they were all simply on vacation, visiting the US. I remember in the parks seeing so many Tokyo DL merch, and seeing Duffy and friends. I remember having to correct my husband “No dear, that’s not Duffy. That’s Shelly May.” And then schooling him on who Gelatoni and Stella Lou were. But I’m sure the majority actually lived there. Otherwise the festival would just be plain weird. Like going to Disney Sea and them having an American festival.

Oh yeah, very high Asian population in most larger city areas of CA. I grew up in San Francisco, and Ive been eating sushi since I was two because you’re just surrounded by the culture it becomes normal to be immersed in it no matter if its your culture by birth or not. There are also immersion schools in SF where all attendees speak Mandarin all the time, and its almost more popular to send your kids there if you aren’t Asian just from a business point of view to be bilingual in something other than Spanish.. Then as far as Disneyland is concerned, UC irvine is 10-15 min away and its known for being the school of Asians, so with all the college kids in the area (theres a good five or six schools
including my alma mater, Chapman University) where if youre a student you have an annual pass, so that may have skewed your experience somewhat. San Diego is high military presence, and since there’s also Navy presence in Hawaii you’ll see a ton of Hawaiians because of that. Honestly, if you are Caucasian you’re a minority in CA at this point. .

I wonder this too. I thought we’d be going in a more roller coaster tycoon direction at some point but we have much less control over “our parks” than that.

Probably should’ve been a PM. Oh well. Please forgive me DisBoards for my giant wall of text

I grew up in San Francisco,
Big Hero 6, was sort of a living form of this

“San Fransokyo” =)

and Ive been eating sushi since I was two

California roll =)

as far as Disneyland is concerned, UC irvine is 10-15 min away and its known for being the school of Asians, so with all the college kids in the area (theres a good five or six schools
including my alma mater, Chapman University) where if youre a student you have an annual pass, so that may have skewed your experience somewhat.

When I was at Legoland, in the Ninjago section, that’s when I finally came to the realization of the level of theming that all these parks go to. I mean, at the World Showcase at EPCOT, they hire only Japanese or Chinese to work those very specific sections. Why wouldn’t they fill the parks with Asians? I mean, as busy as it was, I never really had to wait very long to ride anything. All that I could figure was that it was the stereotyped relaxed CA lifestyle combined with the belief that they’ve been there a million times, so no need to rush and do everything. But in reality, Disney hired them to be there, to create a truly emersive experience.

Honestly, if you are Caucasian you’re a minority in CA at this point.

There was such a variety, honestly. There were times when I couldn’t tell if someone was Asian, Hispanic, Caucasian, or even a combination. Again, “Don’t stare! Don’t stare! Don’t stare! Why are you staring? Does it seriously matter what they are?” It didn’t, it was just a different atmosphere that I wanted to absorb and get to know better.

But when I was at Legoland, eating pizza at a noodle restaurant, people watching, as there was no line for pizza, but any place that served Asian style food was packed, and my husband so had to have that, so I had plenty of time to do my people watching. Other than the woman in front of me who decided to change her babies diaper in plain view while I ate, there was a Caucasian man wearing the exact same shirt I had considered but chosen not to bring, which had the word “native” on it, and the state of TX within. I found it so amusing that he would have this shirt, as there are a zillion forms of it, but this could have only come from DFW.

Texas pride is an obvious stereotype, but a display of it is more common in areas where I live, as we are an unknown minority. Very few people are originally from here, let alone the huge massive state. There’s a sort of “I was here first!” mentality from people who have only lived here for a few years. The shirt is more of a “no, I’m not causing traffic on your streets, you’re causing traffic on mine.” ...a way to cast off judgement and hate without having to say anything. But I chose not to bring it to CA, or even wear it this year at home, as there are also quite a lot of real foreigners, and I worry that instead of a show of pride, it might be seen as a display of hate. I can’t even imagine what people would have thought if I showed up at the DL gates wearing it when those DACA dreamers decided to protest there.

San Diego is high military presence

I only noticed this directly north, near the deserty area in between north SD and south of, I dunno, where OC ends?

Anyway, my Asian experienced did not end at Legoland or Sea World. My husband decided to drive me to this mall near his company’s corporate office is located. Like a (no offense) Asian tourist, I took soooo many pictures of random things that amazed me, but probably seem common boring everyday things to everyone else. One of the things I did not take a picture of was the food court. Other than the one token pizza place, everything was Asian. You had your Thai, your Korean, your Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese... ...a couple others that were unknowns to me. It was just really really interesting to see such a thing. A fusion of Asian cultures coming together to fight hunger. Our malls will have one, maybe two, if you want to include Indian as being “Asian.”

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter