Disney Magic Kingdoms

There was a time when Disney would simply introduce a film into the game without an immediate connection. The fact that it isn't even the original film in this case but the sequel bugs me. I see this as nothing more than a month-long commercial.

Yep. I didn't care for the first movie, although I tried to. And this? I don't even know who these characters are and I find it annoying that they are using this game to promote a sequel.

They did a tower challenge and added Jack Jack as a promotion for Incredibles 2. It wasn’t even 6 months ago. I didn’t realize so many players suffered from early onset Alzheimer’s.

I’ve never seen the movie but I’m still going to try to finish the event. I never saw Big Hero 6 either and I was fine with it. I don’t see the point of actively skipping an event. Might as well try to get a few characters even if you’ve got limited time or are a new player.

5 attractions seems like a lot, isn’t it usually 4? Good thing I have 1,002 gems saved up!

Also haven’t seen the movie, planned to but something always came up and never did. I’m not bothered by the fact they are having this event either. @supernova is correct it is a month long promotion/commercial for the movie, but are any of us surprised? I think most of us have been expecting this event for months now. Also, I’m sure there is a wide range of ages for people playing this game and these are the movies they are growing up on and get excited about.

I am bugged by the 5 attractions though. Not interested in watching the live stream, but someone mentioned they had the attraction of more than one plot of land (3?) and acknowledged that they won’t all fit on the plot of land they are opening. So the developers are obviously aware it’s an issue, but I nstead of trying to “fix” it with fewer building and/or smaller footprints, they add a building and keep some footprints larger. :confused3:rotfl:

They did a tower challenge and added Jack Jack as a promotion for Incredibles 2. It wasn’t even 6 months ago. I didn’t realize so many players suffered from early onset Alzheimer’s.
Wow. :rolleyes1

JackJack is a character from the original movie. And a tower challenge isn't the same as a full blown event.
Thanks for handling that one for me as I was just about to post that reminder. Guess we can add one more Alzheimer's player to the group.

I am bugged by the 5 attractions though. Not interested in watching the live stream, but someone mentioned they had the attraction of more than one plot of land (3?) and acknowledged that they won’t all fit on the plot of land they are opening. So the developers are obviously aware it’s an issue, but I nstead of trying to “fix” it with fewer building and/or smaller footprints, they add a building and keep some footprints larger. :confused3:rotfl:
That's what happens when you assign a team of interns to a project that should be headed up by programmers.

Off topic, but have anyone else had issues with posting on the DIS boards lately? For the last few days, I’ve found a number emojis not properly displaying.

Also, since I updated to iOS 12 last month, I’m no longer able to select multiple words/lines. It selects everything instead. Can get so annoying sometimes, I’ve had to use an external text editor for a post or two.

I absolutely love the first movie. It would’ve been so much better to have king candy and some of the other racers.

Yes! Or Sergeant Calhoun! I loved the first movie too. I'm sure I'll probably like the second, but since I haven't seen it, it's a little hard to care about characters and attractions that are related to it.

Yes! Or Sergeant Calhoun! I loved the first movie too. I'm sure I'll probably like the second, but since I haven't seen it, it's a little hard to care about characters and attractions that are related to it.
I’m not going to complain because I have more important things to complain about lol. I’ll try to get whichever characters and attractions I can without taking up too much family time.

I’ve never seen the movie but I’m still going to try to finish the event. I never saw Big Hero 6 either and I was fine with it. I don’t see the point of actively skipping an event. Might as well try to get a few characters even if you’ve got limited time or are a new player.

5 attractions seems like a lot, isn’t it usually 4? Good thing I have 1,002 gems saved up!

Reddit group is wondering if the Princess dressing room thingy is actually permanent content. Because they said more Princesses would get casual outfits later. So then that would still be 3 regular event attractions and 1 premium, plus the dressing room.

Also, someone spotted that the Float is doing the Konami code. Old school gamers will get the reference.

Reddit group is wondering if the Princess dressing room thingy is actually permanent content. Because they said more Princesses would get casual outfits later. So then that would still be 3 regular event attractions and 1 premium, plus the dressing room.

Also, someone spotted that the Float is doing the Konami code. Old school gamers will get the reference.

If that’s the case it wouldn’t surprise me if the Princess room will cost gems or elixir. Or only be available in a chest. I will skip paying for it if it’s permanent content. These costumes never really do anything anyway.

I'm actually excited for this event. I enjoyed the movie however, it's not even close to one of my favorites. I will probably see the new one as well. I commend the interns for being pretty creative with the content they are releasing.

After all the years of playing this game, not all events are going to be winners and us veterans know that all too well haha. It's impossible to please everyone but that's what's great about this forum, so we can post all our opinions!

Question for my fellow Magic Kingdom players...

I’ve been playing this game from day 1, but it’s now becoming somewhat less enchanting to play, perhaps even a bit of a chore. Can anyone tell me what happens to my progress to date if I delete the app from my iPad? I won’t just stop playing if I keep the app installed as it’s a habit now, so I thought I’d delete the app but would hate to lose all the characters that I’ve earned, (giving birth was easier than collecting for some of these characters)!

Feedback is welcomed for this non technologically savvy player :rolleyes1

Question for my fellow Magic Kingdom players...

I’ve been playing this game from day 1, but it’s now becoming somewhat less enchanting to play, perhaps even a bit of a chore. Can anyone tell me what happens to my progress to date if I delete the app from my iPad? I won’t just stop playing if I keep the app installed as it’s a habit now, so I thought I’d delete the app but would hate to lose all the characters that I’ve earned, (giving birth was easier than collecting for some of these characters)!

Feedback is welcomed for this non technologically savvy player :rolleyes1

If you have the game connected through Facebook or Gamecenter,you won't lose your data. All you have to do,if you want to play it again at a later date,is just reinstall it and retrieve your data when prompted.(It may take a little bit when you restart the game,but it does give you the option).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!