Disney has made 2 bad changes that most of you have probably not noticed!!!

Disneyworldpirate

Earning My Ears
The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money. The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you. Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels. No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes. Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like this

The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money. The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you. Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels. No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes. Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like this
No microwave and replacing the mini fridge with a beverage cooler means you have to buy their food every time you want to eat. Of course they did.

working in food service I can see having to ask for packets as even if you leave an unopened packet on table it is supposed to be thrown away. and the cost of these has gone way up. people complain at the park I work at, about having to pump these into little cups which works out cheaper than the packets. trust me if packets were cheaper my park would be using them

DVC rooms have microwaves. And resorts provide them in the food courts.

As far as condiments, Backlot Express in DHS had plenty of condiments available last week, so I believe it’s a Cosmic Ray’s thing. They seem to be a magnet for condiment hoarding/theft. The strangest I’ve seen is folks drinking tons of coffee creamers.

I applaud Disney for hoarding sauces and not giving out microwaves in order to reduce crowds. Brilliant! It beats the park reservation system. Lol.

It's crazy that you can't get mayonnaise without asking for it. Not long ago they had mayonnaise packets and pumps for the sauces. Now you can't get mayo, BBQ sauce, ranch sauce or the other special sauces they had without tracking down an employee to get it. At 130 dollars a ticket you'd think the very least they could give us is mayo to go with our meal. Come on Disney!!!

No microwave and replacing the mini fridge with a beverage cooler means you have to buy their food every time you want to eat. Of course they did.
The ironic part to that is we bought there breakfast and brought it back to eat and we had no microwave to heat up a DISNEY breakfast. Oh well guess I won't be buying there breakfasts anymore

Sorry you are upset, but I doubt the lack of microwaves in rooms (that have never had them to begin with) and having to ask for condiments at Cosmic Rays is causing a decrease in attendance. Stay offsite - free breakfast and microwaves and mini fridges in the Flamingo Crossings hotels.You'll have to have a rental car or Uber to the parks though.

Sorry you are upset, but I doubt the lack of microwaves in rooms (that have never had them to begin with) and having to ask for condiments at Cosmic Rays is causing a decrease in attendance. Stay offsite - free breakfast and microwaves and mini fridges in the Flamingo Crossings hotels.You'll have to have a rental car or Uber to the parks though.
And at the Homewood you even get a freezer.

I have a car...

DVC rooms have microwaves. And resorts provide them in the food courts.

As far as condiments, Backlot Express in DHS had plenty of condiments available last week, so I believe it’s a Cosmic Ray’s thing. They seem to be a magnet for condiment hoarding/theft. The strangest I’ve seen is folks drinking tons of coffee creamers.
My BIL used to let his three kids drink the coffee creamer at restaurants when they were little. It used to gross me out so much 🤢. Those things are like coconut oil and sugar; that’s why they can sit out at room temp all day. It was all I could do to say nothing.

We ate at Cosmic Rays (against my better judgment) in the beginning of May because we were feeling chicken fingers, and there were plenty of sauce packets - ketchup, mayo, mustard, BBQ, ranch, salt, pepper - at the stations with the utensils and napkins. Have they removed those? Finding seats was the bigger issue.

I traveled to 21 states recently and almost all of the hotels we stayed at had microwaves. Disney not having microwaves is pretty bad. People like to warm up food.
Disney didn’t take them away though. They never had them in any rooms other than some suites and the DVC properties. I just came back from a value resort a week ago and there was a microwave in the food court for guests to use. That’s the way it has always been at Disney.

Now as to whether they should have them in all the rooms, I have mixed views on that. It can get pretty nasty if someone cooks smelly food or burns popcorn and you have a connecting room. However, it would be more convenient to reheat some pizza in the room. I stayed at a Hilton brand with room microwaves in March and the person in the room next door cooked what smelled like raw fish. The disgusting smell lingered for a long time in my room.

If you do mobile order, can you request condiments as part of your order? I don’t eat condiments, so I have never checked to see if it’s possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter