• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gold Annual Pass questions

Soccer Fan

Mouseketeer
Hi DVC Friends,

My family is going down to WDW in November 2020 for an 8 day trip. Then my husband and I are planning to go down for a 4-5 day trip during Marathon weekend. Can we purchase the Gold Annual Pass for just my husband and I and leave the kids' and MIL's tickets as MYW? Just an FYI, we are DVC owners with a blue card.

Also, can we use the annual pass voucher to make fastpass reservations at 60 days out? I read on another thread that someone recommends buying the tickets normally for the first trip and then upgrading to the annual pass once we are there? Is there any advantage to this? Any advice/recommendations that you have are greatly appreciated; we are new to the annual pass process. Thanks!

Hi DVC Friends,

My family is going down to WDW in November 2020 for an 8 day trip. Then my husband and I are planning to go down for a 4-5 day trip during Marathon weekend. Can we purchase the Gold Annual Pass for just my husband and I and leave the kids' and MIL's tickets as MYW? Just an FYI, we are DVC owners with a blue card.

Also, can we use the annual pass voucher to make fastpass reservations at 60 days out? I read on another thread that someone recommends buying the tickets normally for the first trip and then upgrading to the annual pass once we are there? Is there any advantage to this? Any advice/recommendations that you have are greatly appreciated; we are new to the annual pass process. Thanks!

I‘ve had a Gold AP for awhile. Everyone can have different tickets. Yes, you can link the voucher to your MDE to make fastpasses. I never renew, i time my trips so that I have a trip right before it expires and then buy a new one for the next trip. Never had a FP problem.

I read on another thread that someone recommends buying the tickets normally for the first trip and then upgrading to the annual pass once we are there? Is there any advantage to this?

If you're staying at a Disney resort (which I assume you are since you're DVC members), then there is no reason to purchase tickets first and then upgrade to AP when you get there - other than being able to pay for your AP in 2 installments.

If you're staying off-property, then there could be an advantage to buying tickets and upgrading. Annual Passholders without a Disney resort reservation, are limited to holding only 7 days of FP at a time. If the trip is longer than 7 days, they have to wait until they've used the 1st days FPs before they could make some for the 8th day. In this case, it would be best to purchase tickets and then upgrade.

Steve

Hi DVC Friends,

The advantage to buying tickets ahead of time from a place plié Undercover Tourist is that you get those at a discount. So, when you go to upgrade, Disney bridges to gate price, which saves you.

My last ticket was bought for a $58 savings over gate price. When I upgraded, it reduced the difference by that!

Thank you DebbieB, Fangorn, and Sandisw!! All of you gave me great information and were very helpful! I appreciate your suggestions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter