Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you using Target gift cards to buy Disney GC's is there a certain amount that is recommended to purchase at a time so to not flag attention? It seems as though there needs to be some sort of faq on things like this. I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this.
We don't know what numbers flag Target's attention, but I think the general consensus is that you're "safe" ordering up to 3 x $100 + 4 x $50 in an order, and then waiting until that ships to place the next order.

I would strongly recommend you never order more than that in a single day.

I agree that you should wait until your first order ships before placing a 2nd order. The last time I attempted to place orders back to back, the second order was cancelled. I assume they flagged it as a duplicate??

Jodie

I've seen the discussion that you can get gift cards with Best Buy rewards dollars.

Does anyone know if you can use Office Depot rewards dollars or gift cards to buy other gift cards? I've got about $40 in rewards dollars and about the same of a gift card from them. I'd love to be able to get other gift cards if possible.

Thanks!

Thanks. So should I buy $200 worth of eBay gc's with the $200 in Target gc's I have on hand right now to be ready in case there's an ebuck's offer I am offered?

Yes. And I 100% agree with Cydney to wait for an ebucks offer. That 5k limit comes at you super fast so be very selective in how you use it.

Yes. And I 100% agree with Cydney to wait for an ebucks offer. That 5k limit comes at you super fast so be very selective in how you use it.
Thanks. I just went on Target.com and purchased $200 in eBay e-cards (paid $190 with red card). I bought those Target cards through Raise for $191, saving $9. Forgive my dumbness but there's got to be a catch I'm not seeing. Even without extra ebucks. I saved $19 so far and could just keep going not putting any more funds in but racking up these discounts?????? Won't I get to the point I paid zero? LOL. I MUST be missing something :teeth:

Last edited:
Thanks. I just went on Target.com and purchased $200 in eBay e-cards (paid $190 with red card). I bought those Target cards through Raise for $191, saving $9. Forgive my dumbness but there's got to be a catch I'm not seeing. Even without extra ebucks. I saved $19 so far and could just keep going not putting any more funds in but racking up theses discounts?????? Won't I get to the point I paid zero? LOL. I MUST be missing something :teeth:

Haha, it is an amazing deal, I agree. Hopefully, you get an ebucks promo soon! If not, you might consider another eBay account to better your chances.

Thanks. I just went on Target.com and purchased $200 in eBay e-cards (paid $190 with red card). I bought those Target cards through Raise for $191, saving $9. Forgive my dumbness but there's got to be a catch I'm not seeing. Even without extra ebucks. I saved $19 so far and could just keep going not putting any more funds in but racking up these discounts?????? Won't I get to the point I paid zero? LOL. I MUST be missing something :teeth:

Many of us don't use the gc resellers anymore. It seems to be a common denominator for those that get banned from target. Not saying that's their reason, just seems to be a common factor in many of the bans.

Many of us don't use the gc resellers anymore. It seems to be a common denominator for those that get banned from target. Not saying that's their reason, just seems to be a common factor in many of the bans.
I would like to start another batch of churning. I have $500 in cash set aside for next years Disney trip. Without going through Raise, where would you guys suggest I start?

I would like to start another batch of churning. I have $500 in cash set aside for next years Disney trip. Without going through Raise, where would you guys suggest I start?
If it was me I would just wait for good eBay promotion ( 4 X or 5 x ebucks) and use your $500 to buy target cards from eBay. I may do the same thing the next time I get a 5 X just to increase my amount for the next churn.

Do you have a Sam's card? I'd go there & buy gift card packs.

Like others said, I would also just buy from GCM when you get 4x or 5x ebucks, OR if you have a grocery store deal like 4x fuel rewards on gift card purchases. That, combined with a good cash back credit card, can give you a pretty decent savings to begin your churning.

I 'start' with buying target cards at my grocery store for gas rewards. Then I buy ebay cards with those, then I wait for a minimum 4x offer from ebay.

For us newbies that are not yet getting extra ebucks, should we continue to do the target-ebay-target thing indefinitely? Just trying to get it right in my head.Starting with a $100 Target card we earn $5 by buying $100 in ebay gc's by switching the payment from our Red Card. Use those to buy Target cards on ebay ( but the shipping equals the regular 2 percent extra bucks so that's a wash. So we earn $5 with one complete churn in this example? ?? ( not including any earnings from a shopping portal if used of course)

If you aren't getting eBay Bucks or there is no current eBay Bucks promo, it does not generally make sense to go through eBay. So have patience and always wait for an eBay Bucks offer. As you noticed, the shipping cost from Gift Card Mall will eat up pretty much any profit and leave you at a wash. Even when you buy Target cards in greater numbers, bringing down the shipping cost per card (because each additional card of the same denomination is just $0.99 more and not another $2.99 per card), your profit margin is too small for the trouble of tying up your churnable funds for a week and drawing down your $5,000/180-days PayPal gift card redemption limit. You need those eBay Bucks multipliers to really make buying a Target gift card at face value plus shipping worth it.

You mentioned you've got $200 and set aside $500 to churn. With $700 per cycle, you've got maybe 6 or 7 churns before you hit your $5,000/180-days PayPal gift card redemption limit. Keep in mind that with each churn, you'll see that $700 fund grow little by little. As you noticed, you essentially get a 5% bonus each time you use the Target cards to buy eBay cards, and when a eBay Bucks and Ebates quarter ends, you'll get those bonuses that you can apply to further churning. @wendow is right when she says you'll hit that limit faster than you expect. So if you've got some time (you said your trip is not until next year), do yourself a favor and wait for the 4x and 5x (or even just 5x) promotions; and/or consider opening a second PayPal account.

You'll never reach a point where you paid zero because you did put in money out-of-pocket, but you should be able to realize some pretty high percentage off (like 30+%) if you keep churning. Each cycle should always net you some bonus/savings and thereby result in a higher savings percentage each time until you cash out for Disney gift cards. Folks here have posted spreadsheets that you can use to track your savings. You should never waste a cycle on a wash because it comes at the cost of eating into the only limit to repeated churning, which is the $5,000/180-days PayPal gift card redemption limit.

Wait for an 4x or 5x eBay Bucks promo to use that $500 out-of-pocket to buy Target gift cards from GCM. With a 4x (8%) promo combined with 1% back from Ebates, minus shipping cost, you'll essentially get a 7-8% discount; and with a 5x (10%) promo and 1% Ebates, you'll have a 9-10% discount on the Target gift cards. Compare that to about 4% off from Raise and 5.5% off from Cardpool currently. The upside is if you pay out-of-pocket, you won't dip into the PayPal limit but will still receive eBay Bucks and "clean" Target gift cards. The downside is you have to wait until the end of a quarter for eBay Bucks and Ebates to pay out your savings compared to seeing the savings up front from the discount gift card sites.

Last edited:
We don't know what numbers flag Target's attention, but I think the general consensus is that you're "safe" ordering up to 3 x $100 + 4 x $50 in an order, and then waiting until that ships to place the next order.

I would strongly recommend you never order more than that in a single day.

Thanks...that's what I suspected might be the case. Order placed!

I don't use Raise or any other resellers for Target cards anymore. I have still purchased a handful of other store's cards in the last few weeks but I've just decided not to risk Target. As for ebay and PP, you will need to 'unlink' your PP account from your ebay account. It will then force you to log in and at the ebay checkout screen and you can log in to a different PP.
Okay, thanks, wendow, for responding! I'll have to go look and try to unlink it. Don't remember linking it, but it must have been before I ever started churning, as I've had the account awhile.

For us newbies that are not yet getting extra ebucks, should we continue to do the target-ebay-target thing indefinitely? Just trying to get it right in my head.Starting with a $100 Target card we earn $5 by buying $100 in ebay gc's by switching the payment from our Red Card. Use those to buy Target cards on ebay ( but the shipping equals the regular 2 percent extra bucks so that's a wash. So we earn $5 with one complete churn in this example? ?? ( not including any earnings from a shopping portal if used of course)
Well, they really won't rack up that greatly if you don't wait for the 4x/5x ebay bucks promo offers, you'll just be eating into your $5000, and not getting max return you can get in a quarter of $500 in ebay bucks. That's when you'll see best returns. You also need a larger amount to churn if you are really trying to max out for some really good savings.
This would be a great idea, to have more to churn, which will help get a bigger return if you hold off for when you start getting the good promo offers. It's best to buy the biggest possible target gc's at ebay, so increments of the $150 would be best. If you could add another $50, you could do five cards at $150, which would actually be $750(5x deal $75, 4x deal $56). Shipping of first card at $2.99, then 4 cards at $.99, so $6.95 shipping.
And, I would start my first round at Ebay right now to get in on the end of this quarter. You wouldn't need a promo offer this round to get started. You could order $750 in Target cards, 5 cards at $150 each. You could get an 8 - 10% Discount on cards to start, using a credit card to pay, not gc's. That would be a better alternative than going thru Raise to get started, and would not eat into the $5000 paypal limit,(which only counts paying with giftcards against the $5000). And, hopefully, you'd get in on the end of the quarter if you wait to hopefully get a 5x or 4x deal before the end of March. I'd wait till I got a good deal and not churn anything until then. Then the next quarter would start in April and you could start the churning and paying with gc's that next round. Although, looking back at your post, you could really only do this with the $500 since you already spent the $200 on the ebay cards. But, still would be the way I'd get the rest of my cards in to Target cards(the $500).

Btw, Lain made lots of great points! I just added my two cents in, as well, lol.

Okay, thanks, wendow, for responding! I'll have to go look and try to unlink it. Don't remember linking it, but it must have been before I ever started churning, as I've had the account awhile.

Well, they really won't rack up that greatly if you don't wait for the 4x/5x ebay bucks promo offers, you'll just be eating into your $5000, and not getting max return you can get in a quarter of $500 in ebay bucks. That's when you'll see best returns. You also need a larger amount to churn if you are really trying to max out for some really good savings.

This would be a great idea, to have more to churn, which will help get a bigger return if you hold off for when you start getting the good promo offers. It's best to buy the biggest possible target gc's at ebay, so increments of the $150 would be best. If you could add another $50, you could do five cards at $150, which would actually be $750(5x deal $75, 4x deal $56). Shipping of first card at $2.99, then 4 cards at $.99, so $6.95 shipping.
And, I would start my first round at Ebay right now to get in on the end of this quarter. You wouldn't need a promo offer this round to get started. You could order $750 in Target cards, 5 cards at $150 each. You could get an 8 - 10% Discount on cards to start, using a credit card to pay, not gc's. That would be a better alternative than going thru Raise to get started, and would not eat into the $5000 paypal limit,(which only counts paying with giftcards against the $5000). And, hopefully, you'd get in on the end of the quarter if you wait to hopefully get a 5x or 4x deal before the end of March. I'd wait till I got a good deal and not churn anything until then. Then the next quarter would start in April and you could start the churning and paying with gc's that next round. Although, looking back at your post, you could really only do this with the $500 since you already spent the $200 on the ebay cards. But, still would be the way I'd get the rest of my cards in to Target cards(the $500).

Btw, Lain made lots of great points! I just added my two cents in, as well, lol.
If it was me I would just wait for good eBay promotion ( 4 X or 5 x ebucks) and use your $500 to buy target cards from eBay. I may do the same thing the next time I get a 5 X just to increase my amount for the next churn.
Thank you so much @Lain and @Minniekins for taking the time to really explain, so helpful. I do have other available funds set aside for the trip besides the $500. I was just afraid of going too big and my purchase being flagged or cancelled. I already have the $200 in eBay, you recommended adding $550 to have a $750 balance to churn but would you guys recommend going higher since the money is sitting in a savings account? Two more things, how would I get a 8-10 % discount on this initial ebay purchase of Target cards (using a cc, but without ebay promo) ? And, Once I buy these new Target cards through ebay, should I buy eBay cards to have ready for the next ebay promo? Thanks so much. I'm sure you guys are helping quite a few people :)

Last edited:
Ebay? Ecards? Target? I've got my remaining $2000 I owe and my Sams club card shouldn't I just go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter