Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but why not use them at Kroger to buy target gift cards then use those gift cards at target to buy target gift cards? Then you end up with twice as many fuel points.

I don't think you can buy Target Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards on this 10% deal.

I bought $3000 worth of gift cards today with $2700 Target gift cards bought at HyVee this week (earning $5.40 in fuel perks, so maybe $60 worth of fuel ... I have a small tank) with my Preferred Blue AMEX earning 6% in credit card rewards ($162). I saved approximately $525 on $3,000 or 17.5%. My initial gift cards were all either $270 or a combination of cards that added up to $270. I never used one card for multiple purchases.

I went to 2 Targets and I purchased many of them right at the self check out, buying one $300 card after another. No one cared. I bought a card at each of the store's electronic department and the cashiers BOTH said that they didn't think I could buy a gift card with a gift card. I asked them to try and even had to tell one cashier to scan the top barcode. Both were surprised that it worked! I shouldn't have even wasted my time with them and should have just used the self checkout since it was so easy.

Darn, that's why the cashier couldn't get the register to accept my T gift card. I'll remember that for next time.
Oh, right. The two bar codes (why????) throw some cashiers and you have to tell them to cover the bottom one and scan the top one. Target really needs to train their employees better.

Today, I bought $600 in Target Gift Cards. My husband and I bought one each to avoid any issues. I saw that they sell the Disney Cards in $50 increments. For those that bought high dollar amounts, do you plan on just buying a bunch of Disney cards at once, or doing them over time? I will go through self-checkout to purchase the actual Disney cards, but was curious the best method to buy so many. I will need to buy 12 since they sell them as $50.

Today, I bought $600 in Target Gift Cards. My husband and I bought one each to avoid any issues. I saw that they sell the Disney Cards in $50 increments. For those that bought high dollar amounts, do you plan on just buying a bunch of Disney cards at once, or doing them over time? I will go through self-checkout to purchase the actual Disney cards, but was curious the best method to buy so many. I will need to buy 12 since they sell them as $50.
Your store likely also sells $100 Disney GCs if you can find them - most Targets do.

I’ve had mixed success purchasing from cashiers. Self-checkout is easiest, but some cashiers are no problem.

Your store likely also sells $100 Disney GCs if you can find them - most Targets do.

I’ve had mixed success purchasing from cashiers. Self-checkout is easiest, but some cashiers are no problem.

Ditto, the checkout lanes all have $50 but if you check by the greeting cards or back in MMB (movies music and books) there should be a big rack that has $100, $50, and $25. In all my local stores both locations have a spot for all 3 denominations, just sometimes they may be sold out of one.

DS and I went right at 7:00 am this morning and each purchased $300 using my Discover card. None of the regular check stands were open, only self-checkout. I was a little worried because lately the self-checkouts have been clearly marked with signs stating no alcohol or gift card purchases are allowed, but thankfully the signs are gone. I was worried about doing back to back transactions since some have had issues with fraud alerts, but was relieved when both transactions went through without a problem.

Ditto, the checkout lanes all have $50 but if you check by the greeting cards or back in MMB (movies music and books) there should be a big rack that has $100, $50, and $25. In all my local stores both locations have a spot for all 3 denominations, just sometimes they may be sold out of one.
We don’t have $100 Disney gift cards at my store as far as I know. I know we used to but I think what they carry varies by store.

I checked two spots and they only had 50 increments. But luckily, that is not my normal Target. Hopefully I can find the $100 to make it easier. Thanks for the info! I will be search to look for the $100 ones!

I went into Target to buy my 10% off gift cards today. My Target had signs set up at self check out that gift cards could not be purchased there. That's ok. I went back into line with a different cashier each time (including in the electronics dept) and bought 8 X $300 in the store. I had bought one online using my Target.com account and set up my husband with a Target.com account so I could buy one under his name. All told, bought $3000 of Target gift cards for $2700 and got some rewards on my credit card.

Also, I went into Best Buy today to redeem my stack of $15 bonus gift cards from the promo they had last month. I had no trouble using the promo gift cards to buy Disney gift cards. I remembered to print out my Ebates scan code before I went into Best Buy to get 1% with Ebates. Have the cashier scan in the Ebates code before scanning Disney gift cards. The max you can buy on a single transaction for the Disney giftcard is $225. This is because the max number of $15 gift card codes you can use is 15 - 15 X $15 = $225. We learned this the hard way. So hopefully this info will help the next person.

One other thing I discovered about the Best Buy promo is that it is accurate about 1 credit card/email per customer. I had lots of my extended family help me with this. One person didn't follow instructions and used a different credit card with a same email address (they didn't believe me and thought it would be ok because the initial purchase went through). Well, that person only got sent one set of $15 codes, not two sets. So we lost out on $45 of free money. Wah wah wah *sad trombone*

For my own use, I was able to use 1 credit card twice, once under my name and email, once under my husband's name and email; and I used a different credit card twice, once under my name and a child's email, once under my husband's name and a different child's email. These are credit cards for which we are both authorized users and each have cards with our own names on them but the CC number is the same.

We don’t have $100 Disney gift cards at my store as far as I know. I know we used to but I think what they carry varies by store.

It does indeed. The 4 I hit regularly in the last couple months all finally updated the GC rack by the greeting cards to have much more options and higher denominations and with that update it gave 3 spots for the Disney gift cards. Before that it was random where you'd find each denomination. Although fairly common was $50 and $100 in MMB, $25 in greeting cards (when they finally brought them back, I think we went close to a year with no $25's around), and $50's at the registers. Oh that reminds me, sometimes I'd find $100's in the side caps in Electronics. Not sure if that's a normal place or they just fill those displays with whatever they have lying around, cuz sometimes the selection is kinda haphazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter