Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many good ways to pick up discounted Disney gift cards this year!
-Use Chase cards to purchase Walmart gift cards for 10x UR points, then purchase Disney gift cards at Sam's Club. Effective discount of 19-24% (or higher).
-Use Chase cards to purchase Disney gift cards at Best Buy for 10x UR points. Effective discount of 15-20% (or higher).
-Use Chase Ink Preferred to purchase Target gift cards at Staples (or similar), then purchase Target gift cards at 10% discount. Effective discount of 17.5-20% (or higher).
-Use AmEx Blue to purchase Target gift cards at 6% cash back, then purchase Target gift cards at 10% discount, then purchase Disney gift cards at Target. Effective discount ~15.4%.
-Use new DiscoverIt, with 10% cash back at Target, to purchase Target gift cards at 10% off, then purchase Disney gift cards at Target. Effective discount ~19%.

Any others? I feel like I jumped the gun when I used my 25 off $250 AmEx discounts at Best Buy. Unfortunately, I don't have an Ink card, and my Discover and AmEx Blue discounts are already maxed.

I got this coupon in the mail last week. I collect the gift card with purchase gift cards for Target and when I get $50 worth, I get a Disney gift card. I just did it yesterday, and have another $15 just waiting to be used when I get more!

For anyone who lives near a Shop Rite. Another promo is in effect now. Buy $100 of ANY GC and get a coupon at the bottom of your reciept for $15 off ShopRite (limited dates to use the $15 coupon- they give you a span of about a week)
I went today and used my $20x2 from last weeks Disney GC purchases (I got 2 bc I shop for my mom who has a seperate Price Plus Card #) and bought another $100x2 Disney GC along with Mom's and our weekly groceries.

Last edited:
Going to do the Target thing on Saturday. Just hoping there is no issue with GC to GC purchase. I have never tried.

For the 10% off Target GC deal, assuming there is a $300 limit, can you get around that by placing multiple online orders? Or will I have to do multiple in-person transactions to get around it?

For the 10% off Target GC deal, assuming there is a $300 limit, can you get around that by placing multiple online orders? Or will I have to do multiple in-person transactions to get around it?

Last year I did one online order and then husband and I went to multiple stores and each did it.

For anyone who lives near a Shop Rite. Another promo is in effect now. Buy $100 of ANY GC and get a coupon at the bottom of your reciept for $15 off ShopRite (limited dates to use the $15 coupon- they give you a span of about a week)
I went today and used my $20x2 from last weeks Disney GC purchases (I got 2 bc I shop for my mom who has a seperate Price Plus Card #) and bought another $100x2 Disney GC along with Mom's and our weekly groceries.
Yup, did this on Black Friday and this past Sunday. Some good sales on food too!

I did 2 online orders last year, one on my target account and then one as a guest checkout using a different email. But I was also using a different credit card too for that transaction. I did get both orders but was a little worried about it. I did other orders in-store. I have a couple target's nearby that I had to hit anyway to get what I wanted and I just threw on a GC at each. If I'd have known I would have been at so many of them I wouldn't have bothered with the 2nd order online.

If you order online, make sure you get all the gift cards you want in one order, up to the $300 max. Two years ago I had three $100 Visa/MC gift cards that I'd purchased at a discount. I had the brilliant idea to do three online orders for $100 each. I was surprised when the second order was denied, stating I'd exceeded the limit. I ended up doing a second $100 order as a guest on my iPad and a third using my son's login. Last year we just went in store, after stopping by Safeway on the way to buy Target gift cards using my Amex BCP card for 6% cashback.

There are so many good ways to pick up discounted Disney gift cards this year!
-Use Chase cards to purchase Walmart gift cards for 10x UR points, then purchase Disney gift cards at Sam's Club. Effective discount of 19-24% (or higher).
-Use Chase cards to purchase Disney gift cards at Best Buy for 10x UR points. Effective discount of 15-20% (or higher).
-Use Chase Ink Preferred to purchase Target gift cards at Staples (or similar), then purchase Target gift cards at 10% discount. Effective discount of 17.5-20% (or higher).
-Use AmEx Blue to purchase Target gift cards at 6% cash back, then purchase Target gift cards at 10% discount, then purchase Disney gift cards at Target. Effective discount ~15.4%.
-Use new DiscoverIt, with 10% cash back at Target, to purchase Target gift cards at 10% off, then purchase Disney gift cards at Target. Effective discount ~19%.

Any others? I feel like I jumped the gun when I used my 25 off $250 AmEx discounts at Best Buy. Unfortunately, I don't have an Ink card, and my Discover and AmEx Blue discounts are already maxed.

I would love to know how you are coming up with these percentages? How does getting 10 ultimate rewards points equal 20%? Yes, I know some people value an ultimate reward point at more than 1% when they are used towards travel, but the bottom line is as cash they are worth 1 cent and I think that is the fair way to value them.

Just to follow up on this, I had forgotten we were meeting family for brunch at MoA today (Firelake Grill in the Radisson Blu for you locals - check it out, it's great!), so we tried out the strategy. My DH forgot his wallet (2 AmEx with BB offer), so we just used my 2 AmEx offers today and will get his later. I was able to just get a single Disney Gift Card at Best Buy and have it loaded with $500, scan my Shopkicks, then split payment with $250 on each AmEx. It was no problem at all - probably the smoothest BB transaction I've ever had - in and out fast! We then went to the MoA rewards redemption center and handed them the $500 receipt. No issues there and we chose the 2 Nickelodeon Universe wristbands and 3 Crayola Experience tickets for free! We'll get Sea Life when we do DH's purchase. Pretty sweet bonuses for something I was going to do anyway to get those AmEx credits making the gift cards 10% off.

Oh, we also sprung for a single ride today (saving the passes for a future visit). DD and I rode the Log Chute and were pleasantly surprised that it was decorated for Christmas inside! I recommend it! It's like the faster more-dangerous-feeling version of Splash Mountain, all spruced up for the holidays!

Dang! That's just AMAZING!!!

I would love to know how you are coming up with these percentages? How does getting 10 ultimate rewards points equal 20%? Yes, I know some people value an ultimate reward point at more than 1% when they are used towards travel, but the bottom line is as cash they are worth 1 cent and I think that is the fair way to value them.
Idk on how op got to 20% but imho fair value to each of us will be different. Fair value to you is straight cash value, fair value to me is travel redemption via UR portal because = straight cash to me, we'll each have to approximate our own math on this one me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter