Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the same store loyalty card, or different?
3 different loyalty cards. DH and MIL both had and I was able to get one for myself even though I have same address as DH.

Bought 3x $100 yesterday and will go back to use our 3x $20 grocery coupon tomorrow and buy 3x $100 again to take advantage of the $15 back as well.

We also took advantage of the Amex promo and got 4000 extra points, worth about $40. $145 back on $600 cards is a good discount in my book!

Last edited:
Cautionary success using Discover cashback to get $200 in BB&B GCs for 20% off for Disney GCs in-store. The shopping center was running a promo where if you bought $100 in merchandise you got a $25 GC drawing for one of the shopping center merchants (good for 1 per customer). Hubs and I both drew White House Black Marker. Meh on that store, but still, $160 for $250 worth of goods is the best deal I have had since the gift card rolling days.

Can you use Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards to buy Disney Gift Cards in store? Is that true?

Can you use Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards to buy Disney Gift Cards in store? Is that true?

I've been able to. Some folks had problems at individual stores, but the system allows it. Not all Bed Bath and Beyond's carry 3rd party gift cards, so if you're thinking of that route double check your stores have the Gift Card Mall display. It's been a nice way to use my Discover cashback.

That is what I described above - used Discover cashback to purchase bb&b gift cards at 20% off then used those to purchase Disney giftcards in-store. It is cautionary because at bb&b it is up to local management, not because the of the register which allows it.

Joining in on this thread. I have been lurking for quite a while and just have never posted because you all seem to be so on top of it and have already posted everything I can think of. If I hadn't been following this thread I would have no idea that Bed Bath and Beyond had Disney gift cards that I could use the AMEX deal on. I also wouldn't have known about BJ's. So thank you!

I am trying to gather gift cards more than usual right now for an end of January Christmas surprise trip. I just don't want to miss any potential deals. It seems like there should be more out there right now, but maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part.

Rite Aid has bonus Plenti points on Disney gift cards this week. Spend $100 get 1,000 Plenti points (worth $10). Same with Southwest cards. Not a super great discount, but it might help some of you with upcoming trips. Happy Holidays!

Regarding BB&B - if you have the Amex offer - my store let us split tender at the register. So we were able to get the $200 Visa card (black Friday offer) and use the Amex offer ($5 back on $25) on several different cards.

So you bought 1 visa card and, potentially, used up to 8 credit cards to pay for it? That's genius, I thought there was usually I limit to how many CC's could be used on a split tender. But then again, I'm probably living in the dark ages, the most I've ever needed to try is 2 prepaid and 1 regular.

Which speaking of, that reminded me, I tried to use a prepaid Amex at Target the other day for a split tender and it was declined. It was a magnetic strip only and had 5.01 left on it. I swiped it like normal but I didn't ask the cashier if she could enter the amount to be charged, she was new and didn't look real knowledgeable. I've not had a problem using the prepaid Visa and MasterCard with a chip at Target, so it could be a v/mc vs amex thing, chip vs strip, or some other oddball fluke that day. I know when I tried to reload my Amazon GC balance with a Amex the initial balance check put a $1 hold on the card so ultimately it failed for insufficient funds. Once the hold fell off I retried and it worked. So maybe something like that happened? But just thought I'd put it out there.

So you bought 1 visa card and, potentially, used up to 8 credit cards to pay for it? That's genius, I thought there was usually I limit to how many CC's could be used on a split tender. But then again, I'm probably living in the dark ages, the most I've ever needed to try is 2 prepaid and 1 regular.

Which speaking of, that reminded me, I tried to use a prepaid Amex at Target the other day for a split tender and it was declined. It was a magnetic strip only and had 5.01 left on it. I swiped it like normal but I didn't ask the cashier if she could enter the amount to be charged, she was new and didn't look real knowledgeable. I've not had a problem using the prepaid Visa and MasterCard with a chip at Target, so it could be a v/mc vs amex thing, chip vs strip, or some other oddball fluke that day. I know when I tried to reload my Amazon GC balance with a Amex the initial balance check put a $1 hold on the card so ultimately it failed for insufficient funds. Once the hold fell off I retried and it worked. So maybe something like that happened? But just thought I'd put it out there.

I had the same thing happen when I tried to use a prepaid Amex to load Amazon. The hold messed its up for me.

Yes, at BB&B, we used 8 cards to pay. I always feel a little bad asking to do that since it takes some time, but they didn't seem to mind at all. Did the same on the Office Depot/Max Amex offer. They were able to split the 2 x $200 Visa purchase into 8 different transactions for us.

FYI - at Best Buy I THINK the max split tender you can do is 6 cards. At least thats what they told me on Friday. I went to customer service to purchase my Visa cards there so that I wouldn't hold up the regular line.

Went to Shoprite on the way home from the diner in Marlboro, NJ and they did not have Disney gift cards. I bought 4 other cards that added up to
$100 purchase and my receipt did not reflect the $20 future shopping credit. Had to go to customer service and they had to add the special
offer to my Shoprite card.
I went to Shoprite today to redeem $20 and they did have a code to put in if it wasn't written on the original $100 receipt from Friday. Since
I had already checked out my today's order, they just put the $20 credit to my visa credit card.

I went to Shoprite today to redeem $20 and they did have a code to put in if it wasn't written on the original $100 receipt from Friday. Since
I had already checked out my today's order, they just put the $20 credit to my visa credit card.

Luckily I didn't have trouble with the deal Friday.

Today I went in to redeem the $20 and bought another $100 in gift cards to get the $15 credit for this week. Used my Amex both times to get a bonus of 2000 points for each transaction (that was a targeted Amex offer).

Just checked out at Shoprite getting another $100 Disney gc with a $15 coupon for a future order. My wife did the same, and also redeemed her $20 off a future purchase coupon from Friday to get groceries for the week. Totally wish there were other adults in my household so I could sign up for more shoprite cards and taking advantage of this promotion again!

I really wish we had any of these stores where we live. Seems like the only thing we've got is the 5% target red card discount, which just isn't that exciting - especially since it knocks out any credit card perks by having to use the red card.

I really wish we had any of these stores where we live. Seems like the only thing we've got is the 5% target red card discount, which just isn't that exciting - especially since it knocks out any credit card perks by having to use the red card.

Ditto, I live over sees and can not take advantage of anything not all online and do have not CCs.

Any fellow Minnesotans here? I think I just figured out how to take advantage of a deal! I just saw that the Mall of America is offering a holiday rewards deal for the next month: buy $250+ at MoA and get a freebie, such as 2 Nickelodeon Universe passes, 3 Crayola Experience passes, etc. Well, we're going to be there next month (to meet Santa!), but don't intend to buy a lot of stuff. So, I got thinking about gift cards to trigger the bonuses. There is a Best Buy at MoA. I had the "spend $250, get a $25 statement credit" on 3 of our AmEx cards, but have only used one so far. So, I think we'll be stopping by Best Buy with our two AmEx cards, buying two $250 Disney Gift Cards (for a net of $225/each!), then picking up our free Nickelodeon Universe and Crayola Experience (or maybe Sea Life) passes. Have I missed anything? Hopefully this works! :thumbsup2

ETA: After writing this, I double-checked our cards and realized that EACH of us has two Best Buy AmEx offers left to use!!! :faint: So, perhaps we'll be fully funding a future Disney trip while getting free passes for all the MoA attractions. :woohoo: Thanks for the tips here about triggering the offer on multiple AmEx cards!!
Anyone know if the Best Buy at MOA sells Disney gift cards and if so, do they allow you to use them to buy Disney? I have about $750 in Best Buy cards to convert to Disney so this would be awesome if it works!

Anyone know if the Best Buy at MOA sells Disney gift cards and if so, do they allow you to use them to buy Disney? I have about $750 in Best Buy cards to convert to Disney so this would be awesome if it works!
I actually just came to post confirmation of what I wrote (that you quoted). But wanted to answer quick that I was just there today and they do indeed sell Disney Gift Cards. I've never tried to use a Best Buy gift card to buy Disney, though, but I think I've seen others report that it works. I can tell you that they just need a receipt for the MoA freebies and I don't think they care how you paid, so you'd probably qualify (we used AmEx, so I can't say for sure, but they weren't examining the payment method, just the total).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter